Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    It's only a rumour - Nico Rosberg is talking to Ferrari for 2018. His condition - a winning car to be demonstrated in 2017.
    He would not be able to cut it. One year out of F1 is enough to make him "slow".
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Kimi Raikkonen finished the Australian Grand Prix in fourth position, but was unable to match the pace of Scuderia Ferrari team-mate Sebastian Vettel, who took the race victory on Sunday.

The Finn was noticeable slower during the opening stint of the race at Albert Park, and admitted that making the switch from the Ultrasoft to the Soft tyre in his one and only pit stop predominately cured the understeer issue that saw him struggle in the early laps.

“Yesterday we suffered a bit with understeer on the car and it was a similar story on the first set of tyres,” said Raikkonen. “Once we put the soft tyres on, the car turned to be very good and I was very happy – but obviously at that point we were pretty much in nowhere land.

“I really think we understood yesterday already why we were lacking but it was too late. I think we know what we have to do and it should be OK.”

Whereas Raikkonen was disappointed with the result, he acknowledged that it was at least an improvement on the last couple of years where the Finn has failed to finish in Australia, and he hopes to be fighting closer to the front during the Chinese Grand Prix in two weeks time.

“It’s a bit disappointing where I finished but we know what we have to do – and at least we finished,” said the Finn. “For a few years we hadn’t finished the race and obviously that wasn’t the ideal start.

“This is not 100% what we wanted but I’ll take it. Even if it’s disappointing, I’m pretty happy that we’ve understood a lot of things.

“I’m pretty confident that we’ll be back where we should be in the next race. You know we have a strong package and we have some foundation now and understanding, so that’s the main thing and we go from here.”
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

i wonder what James Allison is thinking right now.
    Forza Ferrari

I'm very pleased! Last term, in a similar situation, we know HAM would have reeled in VET and passed him. We do seem to have the legs of Mercedes for now - long may it continue!

Few votes for Romain. I second that; think he's a decent driver and more than up to being a No. 2. ROS? No thanks.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by sachin View Post
    Belated Happy Birthday ;)
    You got a beautiful gift from the team
    Thanks sachin, and yes I did get a beauty!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

BLOODY BRILLIANT START!!

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Who gives a @#$%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    He is thinking about adding SF70 design ideas to Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    You really don't know that car setups is configured by the likings of the driver ?
    To some degree, yes, but there is a configuration that is flat out faster. The great drivers find or at least get close to this configuration, and adjust their driving style to suit this configuration.

Vettel admittingly said to Webber(MC'ing) on the podium he did'nt have a great start off the grid but managed to put Bottas behind him. IF Vettel gets ahead of the Mercs, then it will be difficult for LH to pass him. Then it will be decided on the one stop strategy. Kimi just needs to get up there.

Investigation launched into Melbourne post-race track invasion

Australian Grand Prix officials have launched an investigation into how fans were allowed access to the track before all the cars had returned to the pitlane.

Following the conclusion of the race on Sunday, fans poured onto the circuit at various points as race leader Sebastian Vettel, as well as several other cars, were completing their cool down lap on the way to the pitlane.

"When I was coming back to the pits and people were running on track, unbelievable," commented race winner Vettel.

The fans were able to get within inches of the cars which were still running at relatively high speeds. The incident is likely to result in a sanction from governing body the FIA.

Australian GP boss Andrew Westacott says the matter is under investigation: "I am concerned because we have very, very strict processes that for 21 races have worked beautifully so something went amiss he told Speedcafe.

"We don’t know what yet, but we have got an investigation happening with our people, including CAMS, who obviously look after the track from a race organisation point of view and a race control point of view."

It's believed confusion among trackside officials and an early signal may have been the cause, with fans allowed access once all cars have returned to the pits to allow them to witness the podium from the start/finish straight.

"From what I am led to believe, there could have been a mistake made in the signals as to when people could exit onto the track," Westacott explained. "That is being investigated, so I won’t speculate on the outcome of that until I have all the facts.

"We have CCTV, we have radio logs and other things so we can understand what happened

source: https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/14143

It's only a rumour - Nico Rosberg is talking to Ferrari for 2018. His condition - a winning car to be demonstrated in 2017.
    Yeah like he is in a position to make demands
    Forza Ferrari

Fantastic start to the season, masterful drive by Seb, let's hope we can carry this form going into the next GP's
    Last edited by Red is Best; 26th March 2017 at 14:23.

What's wrong with people??? Just enjoy the victory, we won and that's the only thing that matters. No luck in the world would have helped us if we didn't have the pace to begin with. Why are people so negative all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont reckon, he is an ambassador for Mercedes.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX – A STATEMENT FROM FERRARI CHAIRMAN MR. SERGIO MARCHIONNE

Australian Grand Prix - A statement from Ferrari chairman mr. Sergio Marchionne.

It was about time. I am delighted for the team and for our tifosi who stood by us throughout this whole period. We’ve been waiting for this victory for almost a year and a half. Hearing the Italian national anthem again was very moving.

Sebastian delivered a great race and I am sure Kimi will be soon up there battling alongside his team-mate. Of course, this victory is something to share with the entire team, both at the circuit and back in Maranello, because teamwork is the only way to achieve major goals.

Congratulations to Antonio for his debut in Formula One

Now, however, it is absolutely essential to remember that this is not the destination but the first step on a long road that must see us all focused on improving each and every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    What's wrong with people??? Just enjoy the victory, we won and that's the only thing that matters. No luck in the world would have helped us if we didn't have the pace to begin with. Why are people so negative all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    He is thinking about adding SF70 design ideas to Mercedes.
    But I am not sure he has hand in the Aero design of the car. This is a new project by the new team put together after he left.

Watching Toto going ballistic after losing a pit stop fight was priceless! I can't say which car is the fastest, but this Ferrari is a beast, no doubt it.
    After the pit stop, Seb managed to raise the gap and finish with an 8 seconds advantage. Obviously, Mercedes has problems with tire degradation as Lewis was forced to pit early due to degradation. Ferrari seemed to not have a problem like this whatsoever.
    Nevertheless, it will be a long season with no engine tokens so we need to be modest for the time being. However, we got one hell of a basis for further development and taking the fight to the Mercs. We will get a clearer picture in China which is a more of an all-performance demanding track.
    Whatever the case may be, Ferrari has made huge progress. If Hamilton ended up in front of Seb after the pit stop, the gap would've been a lot lower than 8 seconds.

PS: How do you compare this race to Malaysia 2015?

One more thing when it comes to these year's regulations. We saw one unattractive race that didn't deliver any particular overtaking. However, when you take in mind that this was a street race that didn't offer much overtaking anyway it brings hope for further races. Nevertheless, when we do see an overtaking, maybe it will mean a lot more than previous years because overtaking on the straights with DRS will be harder this year, i think.
    Last edited by Stormy; 26th March 2017 at 16:30.

'SEBASTIAN VETTEL - winner of 2017 Aust.Formula-1 Grand Prix heads home' #exclusive 26/3/17 (that persistent guy is back w/ friend when he came into Melbourne)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQy881zZEPc

'LEWIS HAMILTON - departs Melbourne upbeat despite 2nd place in Aust. Grand Prix' #exclusive 26/3/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRMaRFuqM4

Halcyon days are back ladies and gentleman. Con Calma😌
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    'SEBASTIAN VETTEL - winner of 2017 Aust.Formula-1 Grand Prix heads home' #exclusive 26/3/17 (that persistent guy is back w/ friend when he came into Melbourne)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQy881zZEPc

'LEWIS HAMILTON - departs Melbourne upbeat despite 2nd place in Aust. Grand Prix' #exclusive 26/3/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRMaRFuqM4
    OMG, that guy with the blue shirt is back again for more stuff Seb to sign. Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    OMG, that guy with the blue shirt is back again for more stuff Seb to sign. Incredible!
    He has to survive, so i don't blame him

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    He has to survive, so i don't blame him
    I have to survive as well, but you don't see me hassling famous athletes to sign tons of stuff...
    That's the behavior of a human-hyena

We have to build on this win by working relentlessly at the Factory but the win will give everyone satisfaction the hard work is paying off so far.

Also China will give us some indication on our engine relative to Mercedes as it has one of the longest straights.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I have to survive as well, but you don't see me hassling famous athletes to sign tons of stuff...
    That's the behavior of a human-hyena

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX – A STATEMENT FROM FERRARI CHAIRMAN MR. SERGIO MARCHIONNE

Australian Grand Prix - A statement from Ferrari chairman mr. Sergio Marchionne.

It was about time. I am delighted for the team and for our tifosi who stood by us throughout this whole period. We’ve been waiting for this victory for almost a year and a half. Hearing the Italian national anthem again was very moving.

Sebastian delivered a great race and I am sure Kimi will be soon up there battling alongside his team-mate. Of course, this victory is something to share with the entire team, both at the circuit and back in Maranello, because teamwork is the only way to achieve major goals.

Congratulations to Antonio for his debut in Formula One

Now, however, it is absolutely essential to remember that this is not the destination but the first step on a long road that must see us all focused on improving each and every day.
    ".....the first step and not the destination" finally something true and quotable from Marchionne! Keep up the good work guys and keep 'em straight boss! I am OVERJOYED with today's results. We now know our car handles well and is somewhat easier on tires than MB. China's straights should show us more about outright line speed. BRAVO SEBASTIANO & FERRARI CON MOLTO FORZA!!!! Kimi will show us in China and Sebastiano will soldier on!

McLaren to divorce Honda.! Honda to Sauber rumours ?

Http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5...vorce_reports/