Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Mid field teams did do few overtakes (perez, hulk, ocon, sainz).
    Hamilton didn't dare to take move on max because, he was thinking that he may loose his front wing or pushed off the track by max on wheel to wheel battle.
    He needs wheel to wheel battle with exception of Max in that column.

Fantastic result by the whole team, can't wait for the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mid field teams did do few overtakes (perez, hulk, ocon, sainz).
    Hamilton didn't dare to take move on max because, he was thinking that he may loose his front wing or pushed off the track by max on wheel to wheel battle.
    He needs wheel to wheel battle with exception of Max in that column.

Great race! Ferrari is now allowed back to win WCC. 1999, thru 2004, too many in a row, bad for attendance $$$. Let Red Bull in, 2010 thru 2013, enough. Any more would be same senario, attendance down$$$. Bring in Merc, 2014,15, 16, too many in a row again $$$ down.. New blood running the show have agreed to let Ferrari back on top . Great for attendance, esp. in the USA. F1 is Ferrari.

Had a great day at the Melbourne Grand Prix, The car was beautiful and bloody fast. Well done to the team for finally building a very good car. And to Sebastion what a great drive, well done Kimi shame you couldn't get on the podium. Forza Ferrari. Bring on China.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Honda buying a lot of shares of Sauber would be awesome for Sauber. Of what use is that Ferrari engine if they can't make a somewhat competitive chassis? Honda teaming up with Sauber in a similar coalition like Sauber had in BMW would be awesome for the Swiss team. They are at the back of the grid anyway. They got nothing to lose, only money pouring in from Honda.
    However, what would McLaren do without an exclusive engine distributor and partner? They will depend on Mercedes? Mercedes won't be too ken to give McLaren engines as well. Bad news for McLaren either way. The real question is, can McLaren manufacture their own engines? Do they possess the know-how and resources for such a feat?
    McLaren has neither the resources or the know-how to build their own engines. Let's not forget Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault spent literally billions
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    McLaren has neither the resources or the know-how to build their own engines. Let's not forget Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault spent literally billions
    +1....they never have and it's quite possible they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great race! Ferrari is now allowed back to win WCC. 1999, thru 2004, too many in a row, bad for attendance $$$. Let Red Bull in, 2010 thru 2013, enough. Any more would be same senario, attendance down$$$. Bring in Merc, 2014,15, 16, too many in a row again $$$ down.. New blood running the show have agreed to let Ferrari back on top . Great for attendance, esp. in the USA. F1 is Ferrari.
    Do we expect McLaren to dominate in 2020?

Great race and I don't understand the people already bashing at Kimi. For me the biggest surprise was that Ham on a new set of Softs couldn't overtake Ver with old Ultra Softs. I know that at that track it is difficult to overtake, but to me it says a lot that Merc has even more difficulties to follow other cars. Time will tell....
    Last edited by Black Adder; 27th March 2017 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Do we expect McLaren to dominate in 2020?
    way too early to tell for lack of what the next formula, mainly engine and/or PU, will be. Who knows at this point if they will be around by then. Currently, I don't know what the "exit strategy" is for both Mclaren and Honda with regards to payment contract clauses i.e. Brawn 2009????

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    not the same setup. Stop looking for Kimi being hard done by. He was not 100% happy with his setup, only till later in race he felt ok , well better than the start.
    I totally agree, I can't understand why people are so fixed on making Kimi a scapegoat as you said what happen to him with setup is normal. Both Kimi and Vettel did great job for us during testing and the first race

This reminds me of Michael. happy/sad face
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Guy's, i'm Speechless.
    I remember the first Championship from Michael in 2000. A fantastic Season. Iīm proud about my Italian Country man.
    Ferrari se' desta !!

Does anyone knows the name of this team member??
    Attachment 7052
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well done, Ferrari! No let up now--let's keep it going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you use to see this guy a lot back in the shumi years then he left for awhile but noticed he has been back since vett came to ferrari

i also notice when vett was looking down on the ferrari team from the podium i saw rory byrne in with the guys too

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    Great race and I don't understand the people already bashing at Kimi. For me the biggest surprise was that Ham on a new set of Softs couldn't overtake Ver with old Ultra Softs. I know that at that track it is difficult to overtake, but to me it says that Merc has even more difficulties to follow other cars. Time will tell....
    While I think that's mostly paranoia and conspiracy - I can't understand why Mercedes pitted Lewis when they did. It does beg the question... maybe formula 1 just really needed a Ferrari win. Look at the amazing response this victory has gotten already.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 7052
    that guy's been with Ferrari long time....i remember his face from back in 2008 when he smashed on of the monitors in the Ferrari garage when he found out or realized that Lewis got passed Glock and won the WDC instead of Felipe....i never forget his face....lol

you can seem him in this clip from back in 2008...i think it's him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJWwuV9eBw
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 27th March 2017 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Attachment 7052
    Kimi has great respect for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT8hCkPuCIw
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that guy's been with Ferrari long time....i remember his face from back in 2008 when he smashed on of the monitors in the Ferrari garage when he found out or realized that Lewis got passed Glock and won the WDC instead of Felipe....i never forget his face....lol
    He's been with us since 1991, actually (but only became a full-time employee in 1997). Between 2009 and 2013 he was with Lotus (the real one, not the Genii travesty ;) )
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Good Race and Congratulations to our guys! Can't take anything away from the team!

Although and this does have a hint of a conspiracy theory to it.... Mercedes do have a tendency to give races away at critical moments when their excessive advantage and dominance is questioned or under threat from other teams. What I Mean, when there are too many public consultations taking place or questioned being asked about their dominance or the dominance is under the spotlight, Abby more than usual. They do tend to give a race or two away to stop people dropping bombs. Effectively trying to show case others are just on the same level as them. They then gradually built up their lead and are back to the 1-2 sec advantage in the following races overall recovering their loses.

Is this theory just in my head? And if not could this be just the case why hammi wasn't able to get past verstappen? If this were the case, it could have been an open race right to he end.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Good Race and Congratulations to our guys! Can't take anything away from the team!

Although and this does have a hint of a conspiracy theory to it.... Mercedes do have a tendency to give races away at critical moments when their excessive advantage and dominance is questioned or under threat from other teams. What I Mean, when there are too many public consultations taking place or questioned being asked about their dominance or the dominance is under the spotlight, Abby more than usual. They do tend to give a race or two away to stop people dropping bombs. Effectively trying to show case others are just on the same level as them. They then gradually built up their lead and are back to the 1-2 sec advantage in the following races overall recovering their loses.

Is this theory just in my head? And if not could this be just the case why hammi wasn't able to get past verstappen? If this were the case, it could have been an open race right to he end.
    Reason: Once the Merc. got too close, it loses downforce. Vettel was in the same position but he stayed with LH and did not let him pull away. Once Vettel got clean air, he started to pull away lap after lap. These cars are sensitive to turbulent air/disturbed air on the front wing; get too close and you lose downforce hence overtaking will be difficult unless your Mclaren and you have Ocon and Hulk....3 WIDE...overtake you due to lack of hp on the straight and DRS....WHATTA PASS!!!
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 27th March 2017 at 13:21.

I admit it's a lot of if's and but's!

Fact of the matter remains, we went for the overcut and it played out for the team. Strategically they responded without the usual blunder

I can see your point, VET did keep up very nicely with Hammi and your point regarding the downforce can be echoed with the lack of displacement over the top position (Bottas, Kimi, et al).

It's just a theory That has cropped up in my head and I want to see how Merc get on in the races to follow. And weather they come out and say, we were able to out develop others.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    I can see your point, VET did keep up very nicely with Hammi and your point regarding the downforce can be echoed with the lack of displacement over the top position (Bottas, Kimi, et al).

It's just a theory That has cropped up in my head and I want to see how Merc get on in the races to follow. And weather they come out and say, we were able to out develop others.

Well, Lewis was on fresh tyres coming out of the pits and caught up to Max; once he got behind him he responded after getting team orders "there is no way I'm gonna pass this guy." Max was on old tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    i also notice when vett was looking down on the ferrari team from the podium i saw rory byrne in with the guys too
    Rory Byrne surely has something to do with this car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, Lewis was on fresh tyres coming out of the pits and caught up to Max; once he got behind him he responded after getting team orders "there is no way I'm gonna pass this guy." Max was on old tyres.
    The delta between the requested time and his lap time was near a .8 of a second. Without passing Max that is impossible. But again with more grip and better engine and chassis he potentially could have taken verstappen or pressured him and to me it just looked like he wasn't even trying.

I am sure cars are designed with a relative position in my, so they may deal with turbulence relatively, may be that's the reason he couldn't challenge Verstappen in which case Ferrari has to up their quali performance which has not been the greatest in recent years