Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    The delta between the requested time and his lap time was near a .8 of a second. Without passing Max that is impossible. But again with more grip and better engine and chassis he potentially could have taken verstappen or pressured him and to me it just looked like he wasn't even trying.

I am sure cars are designed with a relative position in my, so they may deal with turbulence relatively, may be that's the reason he couldn't challenge Verstappen in which case Ferrari has to up their quali performance which has not been the greatest in recent years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With all due respect, Lewis "cooked" the tyres in the opening laps trying to get away from Vettel hence as to losing grip and sliding to why he pitted. Mercedes is gonna have to rethink their strategy of how to save the tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    With all due respect, Lewis "cooked" the tyres in the opening laps trying to get away from Vettel hence as to losing grip and sliding to why he pitted. Mercedes is gonna have to rethink their strategy of how to save the tyres.
    Thats fair meanwhile Ferrari should make Quali their priority, if they are able to trap Hammi behind it could lead to a streak!

Thats fair meanwhile Ferrari should make Quali their priority, if they are able to trap Hammi behind it could lead to a streak!

yep....get that clean air. Also, one more point on the tyres with regards to the Mercs, but Bottas was catching up to Lewis at a fast pace and then he got team orders to go to Plan B (or something like that) and then all of sudden....he slowed down his pace and it "weened" off from there. IMHO, he(Bottas) was told to save the tyres.

Melb track doesn't suit to our car historically. But we did good quali this year with a gap of .3.

I think, coming next races will be very interesting as this car will be challenging for pole position definetly.

yep....get that clean air. Also, one more point on the tyres with regards to the Mercs, but Bottas was catching up to Lewis at a fast pace and then he got team orders to go to Plan B (or something like that) and then all of sudden....he slowed down his pace and it "weened" off from there. IMHO, he(Bottas) was told to save the tyres.
    China is going to be interesting! But the major upgrades will probably still be at the EU leg

way too early to tell for lack of what the next formula, mainly engine and/or PU, will be. Who knows at this point if they will be around by then. Currently, I don't know what the "exit strategy" is for both Mclaren and Honda with regards to payment contract clauses i.e. Brawn 2009????
    I can't see McLaren going anywhere anytime soon. Almost their entire marketing platform revolves around F1. If Williams have survived for so long why not McLaren? Outside of F1 they are a very successful business and have a NASA-like facility in Woking. Nevertheless, they desperately need a competitive car.

When it comes to Ferrari and our victory, i just hope this is not another Malaysia 2015 where Mercedes has just one bad day. Ferrari need to keep their focus and further develop the car. The good news is, we got a great foundation for further development. It looks like this year we can do it after 9-10 years wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I can't see McLaren going anywhere anytime soon. Almost their entire marketing platform revolves around F1. If Williams have survived for so long why not McLaren? Outside of F1 they are a very successful business and have a NASA-like facility in Woking. Nevertheless, they desperately need a competitive car.
    I'm the short term, Honda should really get some external consultants to step in, ilmor would have a conflict of interest. But someone else can surely help

China is going to be interesting! But the major upgrades will probably still be at the EU leg

yes it will be. The Merc's IMO are gonna play conservative this time or let Vettel get pole.....then just stay behind him and see where the rest of the field is from a pit-stop-strategy traffic position so they can make their(MB) move.

I'm the short term, Honda should really get some external consultants to step in, ilmor would have a conflict of interest. But someone else can surely help

Yeah agree. Maybe they should make their PUs in England as well. That's where the F1 technology revolves.

yes it will be. The Merc's IMO are gonna play conservative this time or let Vettel get pole.....then just stay behind him and see where the rest of the field is from a pit-stop-strategy traffic position so they can make their(MB) move.
    Their play will be to go opposite to us with regards to pit stops.

Yeah agree. Maybe they should make their PUs in England as well. That's where the F1 technology revolves.
    I don't think it's country of origin, neither is it lack of tech. They need an external auditor who audits their tech and built rectifying issues.

Then the McCheats really have no way to hide behind their chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Does anyone knows the name of this team member??
    Attachment 7052
    Gino Rosato, from Montreal :)

https://joeyfrancof1.files.wordpress...sato-story.pdf
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I don't think it's country of origin, neither is it lack of tech. They need an external auditor who audits their tech and built rectifying issues.

HONDA is HONDA and will not adapt to F1/Mclaren time lines, schedules and so on and so forth according to how Bollier is suppose to be run.

Building them in Japan raises a lot of logistical problems. That's what Eric Boiler said anyway. That's why Mercedes and Renault make theirs in England. Why not Germany or France?

HONDA is HONDA and will not adapt to F1/Mclaren time lines, schedules and so on and so forth according to how Bollier is suppose to be run.
    In a case of two partners cannot compromise to each other's requirements, a divorce is the best course of action!

That's why making a new facility in England with its own schedule can help.

Building them in Japan raises a lot of logistical problems. That's what Eric Boiler said anyway.
    Hey do share an exclusive deal for the near future which should enable McLaren to help Honda give them base within their Wooing premises! Win-win for all... but it's not the full story. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

Honda have possibly just realised their not up to task and are forcing McLaren to pull the plug minimising their losses.

In a case of two partners cannot compromise to each other's requirements, a divorce is the best course of action!

it sure looks that way....let the drama begin....surprised though Alonso almost made it at the end of the race only to DNF due to "suspension issues" and NOT the PU.

it sure looks that way....let the drama begin....surprised though Alonso almost made it at the end of the race only to DNF due to "suspension issues" and NOT the PU.
    Probably running conservative maps.

Hey do share an exclusive deal for the near future which should enable McLaren to help Honda give them base within their Wooing premises! Win-win for all... but it's not the full story. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

Honda have possibly just realised their not up to task and are forcing McLaren to pull the plug minimising their losses.

You got a point. McLaren should give them space in their Woking premises. Where did Mercedes built their engines when they were partners with McLaren? Was it Germany or England? Can't remember.

Maybe Alonso just had it and retired the car after being passed by Ocon. His frustration is evident.

On the other hand Ferrari shares are now 3.5% higher up to 68.5€ hehe.
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 27th March 2017 at 16:21.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

You got a point. McLaren should give them space in their Woking premises. Where did Mercedes built their engines when they were partners with McLaren? Was it Germany or England? Can't remember.
    I think the manufacturers got was done in Woking but the research was done in house by AMG

That's why making a new facility in England with its own schedule can help.
    agreed with this....and knowing how the Japanese work...one could be built in months...question is will they do it given the position they are in OR maybe they won't be in F1 long term once the formula changes in 2020 and "bug out" knowing they got the tech needed for their road-cars.

I think the manufacturers got was done in Woking but the research was done in house by AMG

Well, there you have it. Maybe Honda should do their research in Japan and development in Woking. However, the Japanese are a prideful folk, so...

agreed with this....and knowing how the Japanese work...one could be built in months...question is will they do it given the position they are in OR maybe they won't be F1 long term once the formula changes in 2020 and "bug out" knowing they got the tech needed for their road-cars.
    My feeling is... McLaren chose to adopt Honda on a condition that they would be their premier partner and after a set number of years their would retain partnership with additional royalties but Honda could also supply others if they wanted, their royalties would be up for sale!

This McLaren does not want Honda on their premises in case they trade secrets are leaked.

Other reason could be Honda don't want to agree as they don't trust McLaren with their technology and knowledge, this could happen if McLaren leaked Mercedes details onto Honda tos tart of with.

All in all there is not trust between the two! I say McLaren grow a pair and make your own engines if your having such difficulty.

Well, there you have it. Maybe Honda should do their research in Japan and development in Woking. However, the Japanese are a prideful folk, so...
    Sorry stormy, that's my understanding not definitive fact.

But surely the World Wide Web is more than accommodating for a setup similar to that. On the other hand Honda already have manufacturing facilities for their road car division in the U.K., they can setup there! I don't quiet but the whole Japan argument by Honda.

My feeling is... McLaren chose to adopt Honda on a condition that they would be their premier partner and after a set number of years their would retain partnership with additional royalties but Honda could also supply others if they wanted, their royalties would be up for sale!

This McLaren does not want Honda on their premises in case they trade secrets are leaked.

Other reason could be Honda don't want to agree as they don't trust McLaren with their technology and knowledge, this could happen if McLaren leaked Mercedes details onto Honda tos tart of with.

All in all there is not trust between the two! I say McLaren grow a pair and make your own engines if your having such difficulty.

they cannot under this V-6T-Hybrid formula....they do not have the resources (business model), exhorbatant amout of money nor the the R&D for these highly lucrative and complex PU.