Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyrob View Post
    Eastern Idaho
    I'm in Meridian, that's southwestern Idaho for folks unfamiliar with our state.
    Glad to know I'm not the only Ferrari fan here. Not many F1 followers in this area.

No way jgonzalesm6. Seb will lead from beginning in China :)
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    I'm with ya buddy....bring on China!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyrob View Post
    Eastern Idaho
    Beautiful country up there. Lucky you.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    I'm in Meridian, that's southwestern Idaho for folks unfamiliar with our state.
    Glad to know I'm not the only Ferrari fan here. Not many F1 followers in this area.
    Love it up there. Haven't been in years.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Yeah, watching Seb overtaking Lewis would be a sight to behold! However, i would like to see Seb and Kimi starting first and second and having a race of their own till the very end :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, watching Seb overtaking Lewis would be a sight to behold! However, i would like to see Seb and Kimi starting first and second and having a race of their own till the very end :)
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is being very pro Ferrari, Seb, kind words and friendly towards Seb. Now that Ferrari is ok to win WCC, WDC, he is wanting to be on his way to Marenello!
    Have you been imbibing again, Brembo? I do not want that blinged-up individual anywhere near a red car, although he may be a good driver sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I would like to think that -->Seb overtaking Lewis....remains to be seen but maybe we will see it in China???
    If lh had stayed on track, vettel would have undercut him

Envoyé de mon Elephone P8000 en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theodorefabrice View Post
    If lh had stayed on track, vettel would have undercut him

Maybe so.....I just don't want the races from here on out to be judged solely on pit strategy for the top 3(Ferrari,MB,RB)....I fear these cars are too aero sensitive up front i.e. Lewis not being able to pass Max on fresh tyres when he got team orders from race critical to close the gap and pressure Max.

I just want to add this: Some online news site said we had more wing and mercedes had less wing, thats why they were faster on the straights. So, if this was the case, when we are behind a car, we could follow it closely, and when we have DRS, we have a bigger gain by having the slot open than when normal, because less wing=less drag, more wing=more drag, so, we loose more drag by having DRS. I dont know if anyone can follow my confusing writing, but hope you guys can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I just want to add this: Some online news site said we had more wing and mercedes had less wing, thats why they were faster on the straights. So, if this was the case, when we are behind a car, we could follow it closely, and when we have DRS, we have a bigger gain by having the slot open than when normal, because less wing=less drag, more wing=more drag, so, we loose more drag by having DRS. I dont know if anyone can follow my confusing writing, but hope you guys can understand.
    2016 F1 REAR wings were taller or had a higher profile....so the turbulent air and vortices coming off of the rear wing were higher so one could get up close and pass with DRS. However, 2017 F1 REAR wings have a shorter profile thereby the turbulent air and voritices coming off of the rear wing are closer to the ground which disturb the FRONT wing of the 2nd car when you get up close (within 1 sec) and you have what some/most articles are talking about is: a deficit in downforce in the front wing of the 2nd car; hence passing will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2016 F1 REAR wings were taller or had a higher profile....so the turbulent air and vortices coming off of the rear wing were higher so one could get up close and pass with DRS. However, 2017 F1 REAR wings have a shorter profile thereby the turbulent air and voritices coming off of the rear wing are closer to the ground which disturb the FRONT wing of the 2nd car when you get up close (within 1 sec) and you have what some/most articles are talking about is: a deficit in downforce in the front wing of the 2nd car; hence passing will be difficult.
    The new aero's don't in and of themselves effect actual passing. They make it more difficult to follow if you need down-force and easier to follow where you don't need down-force. So in fact it will probably make passing on a straight easier.
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 31st March 2017 at 07:44.

I think there is no doubt : more down force = more gain when drs is open

I think many didnt understand me. I was talking about Seb and his Ferrari has a better chance at following people and passing than Hamilton in his Mercedes, because we had more wing and we gained more with DRS because we had more wing and we were able to follow other cars closer because we had more wing. Especially following Hamilton. I get your point about vortecies and rear wing turbulance affecting the front wing, but I was just comparing our cars set up of more wing and mercedes setup of less wing. So I think, Seb would have had a better chance at passing people than Hamilton.

Does DRS open at a prescribed angle to vertical center? Or does it open at a prescribed angle relative to the wing plane's non-DRS angle of attack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Does DRS open at a prescribed angle to vertical center? Or does it open at a prescribed angle relative to the wing plane's non-DRS angle of attack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I assume it open to a flat plane 90 degrees to virtical no matter which wing angle it is at. So it will be parallel to the airflow. At least thats how I understood it. Please let us know if we are wrong.

+ MB and RB cars are to phat so ours is lighter as it should be!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

According to Italian media, Giovinazzi might race again in Shanghai! Feeling a bit bad for Wehrlein though, apparently he is struggling to get back into shape.

According to Italian media, Giovinazzi might race again in Shanghai! Feeling a bit bad for Wehrlein though, apparently he is struggling to get back into shape.
    Don't feel too bad for him. He squandered his opportunity in Melbourne, and our boy shone. He should have toughened up and got the job done.

for those that want to get "teched-up"....and its lengthy

F1: why no overtaking and are bigger wings the answer?

https://drivetribe.com/p/auZby7jDQhu...RJaSGMNI90GJ7Q

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Don't feel too bad for him. He squandered his opportunity in Melbourne, and our boy shone. He should have toughened up and got the job done.
    He got injured during the Race of Champions in Miami. Remember when Alonso got hurt during testing in Barcelona in 2015? He missed a race as well and no one said a thing. Maybe he really had a lot of difficulties driving that Sauber in practice. Nevertheless, i'm happy for Giovinazzi and hope he get's another chance.

If he didn't race because of injury, then that should have been what was said. But the world was told he didn't race because he wasn't sure if he was fit enough. That's not good enough. A bit different to Alonso's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    If he didn't race because of injury, then that should have been what was said. But the world was told he didn't race because he wasn't sure if he was fit enough. That's not good enough. A bit different to Alonso's problem.
    Well, he had problems training because of that injury hence why he is not 100% fit now.

I think many didnt understand me. I was talking about Seb and his Ferrari has a better chance at following people and passing than Hamilton in his Mercedes, because we had more wing and we gained more with DRS because we had more wing and we were able to follow other cars closer because we had more wing. Especially following Hamilton. I get your point about vortecies and rear wing turbulance affecting the front wing, but I was just comparing our cars set up of more wing and mercedes setup of less wing. So I think, Seb would have had a better chance at passing people than Hamilton.
    I think most of Mercedes problems following other cars comes from the fact that they've overdeveloped their front wings and bargeboard area. All those separate vortex exciters might work great in clean air but seem to not like dirty air. Ferrari's solution is much better, cleaner and works even in wake conditions.

Well, he had problems training because of that injury hence why he is not 100% fit now.
    Not being fit is also synonyme for being injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Not being fit is also synonyme for being injured.
    As i understood, his injury healed but he was not able to train while recuperating hence why he is not 100% fit now. I just saw the G-Force comparison with last year, the car's produce up to 6.5 Gs in Albert park which is a lot more than last year. And the more demanding tracks are yet to come.

My last mention about this race before I move on. So we've had comments by the race media and alike saying that Vettel only won because Lewis was held up by Max, which is only half of the equation. What they failed to mention was that over the race distance, Vettel's Ferrari was faster! Scenario: had Vettel grabbed the lead from the start of the race, he would have clearly been able to pull away in the first stint on the ultrasofts and then be able to respond to whenever Lewis pitted for fresh rubber. It would have been a dominant win that was unaided by any tactical error - he would have won just the same and on outright merit.

No moving on.

Hi! I am Farhan from India. I am a member since some time now but didn't post much. i recently made my first race edit YouTube video it's AustralianGP race edit exclusively from Scuderia Ferrari's perspective, i will post the link here hopefully you'll will enjoy the video.. https://youtu.be/Y6bpfKxJwAM
    Grazie !! Forza Ferrari !! Please watch the video. I am sure you will like it :D

Sauber's Pascal Wehrlein to miss Chinese Grand Prix, replaced by Antonio Giovinazzi

Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein will be replaced by Antonio Giovinazzi for the second race in a row at this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix.

Wehrlein pulled out of the season-opener in Australia midway through the weekend due to a lack of race fitness and has now confirmed he will miss the entire Chinese Grand Prix weekend. Wehrlein injured his back in an accident at the Race of Champion in January and says the following disruption to his training schedule left him unable to reach the required fitness level to complete a race distance in Melbourne.

With the Bahrain Grand Prix just one week after the Chinese round, he admits that it might not be until the Russian Grand Prix in three weeks' time that he returns to action.

"For me the most important is that I can train intensively to ensure a 100% performance from my side as soon as possible," he said. "I will then be well-prepared for my first complete Grand Prix weekend for the Sauber F1 Team. Hopefully this can be in Bahrain but, if not, then we will take the time it needs until Russia to make sure I am completely ready."

Wehrlein is a Mercedes junior driver and his boss Toto Wolff said he was impressed by his driver's maturity in the circumstances.

"I feel for Pascal, because he has had all the bad luck. I'm impressed with the maturity he has shown to inform Sauber that he wouldn't be able to perform at the level required in Melbourne. That took courage and selflessness, which I know earned him a lot of credit within the team. "Now, he needs to build up his fitness and come back strong. I have no doubt that when he's back in the car, he'll prove he's still the same Pascal.

Giovinazzi finished 12th on his debut for Sauber in Australia following just two days of pre-season testing for the team.

source:http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...nio-giovinazzi