Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2017 - Race Thread

Another strategic mistake but were unlucky too, these things can happen in racing so not a big deal. Congratulations to Seb anyway.

Kimi though; Kimi needs to get his s* together.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Can't complain with the results. Strategy errors cost us the race. but what's more important is, we have shown that we have the pace to race with the Mercs! Future looks bright for the reds!

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    2 huge mistakes from ferraris strategy this race. Vettel early pit and kimis late pit. Amateur decisions.
    Sebs pitstop was no mistake. It was a good move that was spoiled by Giovinazzi crash.

vet saying on the radio we were faster and he was sort of looking forward to a battle with ham.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    vet and ham now tied for the lead and mercs just ahead by 1 point.
    looks good

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Honestly i think Mercs have 0.3s over us. BOT was very quick at the back compared to Kimi and Vet couldnt close the gap even when he did push

Kimi was really slow today. Hamster was cruising all race while Vettel had to fight in traffic, so the first one could save fuel and his tires.

Max saying to Seb he was unlucky with the SC, Seb saying he was stuck behind Kimi
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why should he not pit under VSC?
    Because, track was damp and there are a few rookies on the grid which opens up room for another safety car which obviously did happen.
    Red is the only color!!!

I think this is going to be an exciting and nerve wreaking season
    I'm glad to see our Melbourne pace was not a one off. We are on the same pace as Merc, nothing to choose between Vettel and Lewis.
    Can't wait for the next race already..

A lesson learn here, I think Ferrari should have released Vettel the moment Kimi reported he had issue.
    It made no sense keeping Vettel behind Kimi when we knew Kimi had issue, and Lewis was starting to pull ahead.

If we want to win the title, we have to do everything we can to get every single point. I want to see Ferrari being as ruthless as we did back in Schumi days.

We cannot say Ferrari was faster or slower today. Hamilton was just in constrol of his pace. But they are close together in performance. Mercedes is faster in raw pace for sure.

Kimi has to get his act together. seb would need him up there if we are going after the wdc.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Because, track was damp and there are a few rookies on the grid which opens up room for another safety car which obviously did happen.
    Parts of the track were damp, and are still damp now so never stop for slicks? You can't predict the SC sorry.
    Forza Ferrari

Hamster, pole, FL and win.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Honestly i think Mercs have 0.3s over us. BOT was very quick at the back compared to Kimi and Vet couldnt close the gap even when he did push
    Kimi is slow. It's not the car... it's Kimi. And Seb was slowly catching Hamilton even though he had 7 laps older tyres (2 laps earlier pit stop and Q2 hot laps, while Lewis had brand new ones) which he even did a lot of overtaking on

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Kimi was painfully slow today. But Kimi fans gonna blame Ferrari for his lack of pace, as always.

Verstappen next ferrari driver
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Kimi was painfully slow today. But Kimi fans gonna blame Ferrari for his lack of pace, as always.
    OR Kimi fans will say he was having issues with his car.....all that whining, there better be something wrong with that car.

Old and grumpy bring in Verstappen
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

In my opinion. Pit stop under VSC was good. But we are unlucky, caught with SC.
    But attacking ham was still possible, if Kimi would have let seb pass. Those 10laps became crucial in the end.
    We have fantastic race pace. Win would have possible even after VSC pit.

About Kimi, I have no words to say. If he doesn't up his game, then WCC is out of scope.

unto the next race in Bahrain. i hope the track suits our car.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel overtake on Ricciardo tho... https://my.mixtape.moe/dsusmy.mp4

Amazing!

I don't get one point, if Kimi had issues with car early on why didn't he let seb pass ???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But attacking ham was still possible, if Kimi would have let seb pass. Those 10laps became crucial in the end.

About Kimi, I have no words to say. If he doesn't up his game, then WCC is out of scope.
    spot on, if only the team had let seb passed kimi immediately then i guess there would have been a chance to get closer to ham.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    vet and ham now tied for the lead and mercs just ahead by 1 point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Parts of the track were damp, and are still damp now so never stop for slicks? You can't predict the SC sorry.
    Ofcourse we needed to stop for slicks but it was too early as like you said, parts of the tracks was damp. Why didn't mercedes pitted either of their drivers?
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Ofcourse we needed to stop for slicks but it was too early as like you said, parts of the tracks was damp. Why didn't mercedes pitted either of their drivers?
    Seb did not think it was too early though and he was driving.
    Forza Ferrari

i think the cooler conditions favored the Mercs but overall we are at par with them in terms of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Kimi needs to get his car right in the garage, he needs to call the team strategy, he needs to know what tires to use at all times, he can't go on just driving. He's also to blame in part for the wet track.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    i think the cooler conditions favored the Mercs but overall we are at par with them in terms of pace.
    Bad Luck with GIO crash, and the SC thru Pitstops, the worst possible scenario. That made HAM win

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

agreed....why team radio did not let Vettel pass Kimi? I am all for teammates racing each other, that said, not when the one in front is having "issues" and holding up the other faster team mate....

Great race by Seb, shame about the timing of the safety car otherwise i think it would have been a great strategy call. Kimi... well maybe he is past it
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”