Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2017 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    No I am not attacking the team at all, intact I have been supporting the team since the very first day of testing, The team; the technical guys have done an excellent job, but the strategy team is tying to screw things up and I am asking the leadership team to looking into this why can't you see we may have lost out dues to strategy again! and to be clear again:

if Ferrari was not going to use the super soft on sunday why not use it doing the second Qualifying rather than using Soft tyre that should have been needed on sunday Hamilton had new soft but Vettel had to use a used soft which already made him disadvantaged.

I am going to say it again I AM NOT CRITICISING FERRAI (TECHNICAL TEAM) FERRARI has the best car on the grid in my opinion but the strategy team is messing things up and this is the truth even the big chef also critique Kimi today.

I am excited about what we can archive this year; i just hope that the strategy team will be call to order so they don't bring all the work done in winter to zero again by their inept attitude. In F1 strategy should and can evolve throughout the race weekend but Ferrari always struggle in this department.
    The SC cost us today not strategy, and you start the race on the tyres you set your best time in Q2 so that's why we never used them in Q2 to set our fastest lap as we had no intention to use it in the race, maybe the team know more than you and I and decided the super soft would not be worthwhile here for the race? Our strategy in Australia was good, today it was ok but SC ruined it, so not sure what your really moaning about.
    Forza Ferrari

Why had Vettel in the safety car to drive through the pit lane. New rules fie ?????

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Why had Vettel in the safety car to drive through the pit lane. New rules fie ?????
    Crash was on the pit straight
    Forza Ferrari

To me the race was good from Ferrari. I think we can say that we have a car that is fast, can follow closely and can pass others, and that can be key for the rest of the season!!
    Good race!!! We haven't lost ground at all to others!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The SC cost us today not strategy, and you start the race on the tyres you set your best time in Q2 so that's why we never used them in Q2 to set our fastest lap as we had no intention to use it in the race, maybe the team know more than you and I and decided the super soft would not be worthwhile here for the race? Our strategy in Australia was good, today it was ok but SC ruined it, so not sure what your really moaning about.
    Didn't the bad strategy of Mercedes in dropping Lewis behind vettel in Melbourne secure a Ferrari win?

Bad strategy is when it fails, but as whitmarsh liked to say "In hindsight....."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IMHO, Mercedes is using their "boosting" effect (low enough for detection) to secure pole and fast free practice.

You can run higher modes in qualifying that you can't during the race without damaging the engine.

It's time to look forward to the next race people, no more what if and what could have been done and certainly no more blaming anyone. Remember, we are on a good start for this season, so let's move forward.
    Forza Ferrari

People need to lighten up! The last decade we've all WISHED for a start to the season like this. Be happy, enjoy the ride. We can't win them all... but it looks like we should pick up a decent few.

Be encouraged by our pace - and our development pace. We've had developments at both of the races we've been to so far.

A great effort all round by everyone at Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    People need to lighten up! The last decade we've all WISHED for a start to the season like this. Be happy, enjoy the ride. We can't win them all... but it looks like we should pick up a decent few.

Be encouraged by our pace - and our development pace. We've had developments at both of the races we've been to so far.

+1000000

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Are you related in one way or another to the Verstappen family?
    Lol just want the best drivers available to drive what seems to be the most promising package we have had in years.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Ferrari race starts were not good when the lights go off. I think this year they are sufferring from new clutch rules.
    On the other side, mercs improved their starts. They are not loosing the position as earlier.

I think pressure is mounting on Kimi to deliver. Even ferrari president SM said "need to sit & talk with kimi".

I'm more worried about our start..New clutch rule certainly hurt us..No more rocket start from us anymore..Even we took pole, high chance Mercedes will jump start us if this continue like last 2 race
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    In 2004 Ferrari had by far the fastest car but Williams was still able to score pole positions. Montoya got fastest ever F1 lap in Monza but still got easily beaten by Ferrari in the race...
    I checked the 2004 season and MS got 3 poles in the first 3 races. I'm not saying poles are everything but they're very significant.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    I'm more worried about our start..New clutch rule certainly hurt us..No more rocket start from us anymore..Even we took pole, high chance Mercedes will jump start us if this continue like last 2 race
    my concern too. Ferrari were perfect off the line till last year. This year it seems to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari race starts were not good when the lights go off. I think this year they are sufferring from new clutch rules.
    On the other side, mercs improved their starts. They are not loosing the position as earlier.
    I think vettel didn't push at lights out due to being out of position. If he'd taken the lead at the start I think he would have been given a penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please can someone with access to Autosport plus paste this article

" How Ferrari's other drivers cost Vettel victory shot"

Gio and Kimi are the culprit i think

Please can someone with access to Autosport plus paste this article

" How Ferrari's other drivers cost Vettel victory shot"

Gio and Kimi are the culprit i think
    Honestly Kimi should have let Vettel pass, instead of holding him up. Especially when he was slower. Team sport mate.

Quote Originally Posted by red power View Post
    Honestly Kimi should have let Vettel pass, instead of holding him up. Especially when he was slower. Team sport mate.
    Since Kimi came back I have never seen him put up a fight on the track, winner always show passion on the track. its time to get somebody whois hungry to win

Has anyone noticed the bromance between Vettel and Hamilton, would it not be great to have a multiple world champion in the same team?

If Vettel moves to Mercedes next year your wishes will come true.

Has anyone noticed the bromance between Vettel and Hamilton, would it not be great to have a multiple world champion in the same team?
    2 #1's on the same team does'nt work...never has...never will.

With regards to Kimi, yes, all the stars have to aligned for his car to work for him. How some forget 2016, when I remember a champion driver whining and at one time "mouthed-off" to Charlie during a race....but Kimi stood steadfast towards the end of the season on a "not-so-great" car. A good driver can push a good car and a great driver can push a broken car. Kimi gets paid roughly $7 million a year from Ferrari compared to Vettels $50 million a year so it would be fair to say that " Kimi should beat Vettel?????" ... I think not.

This past race was obviously Kimi's team fault. Let's see how the rest of the season goes but more than likely after this race, Kimi and his team will have a better understanding of his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    If Vettel moves to Mercedes next year your wishes will come true.

if that happens, alonso will comeback to ferrari for sure.
    In place of kimi it will be either grosjean or perez or sainz (who can give consistent points)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I checked the 2004 season and MS got 3 poles in the first 3 races. I'm not saying poles are everything but they're very significant.
    I think he is referring to the 2002 season when out of the 7 times Williams outqualified us, we won 6 times.

With regards to Kimi, yes, all the stars have to aligned for his car to work for him. How some forget 2016, when I remember a champion driver whining and at one time "mouthed-off" to Charlie during a race....but Kimi stood steadfast towards the end of the season on a "not-so-great" car. A good driver can push a good car and a great driver can push a broken car. Kimi gets paid roughly $7 million a year from Ferrari compared to Vettels $50 million a year so it would be fair to say that " Kimi should beat Vettel?????" ... I think not.

This past race was obviously Kimi's team fault. Let's see how the rest of the season goes but more than likely after this race, Kimi and his team will have a better understanding of his car.
    two mistakes from ferrari team & Kimi yest,
    1. When Kimi was unable to pass Ric, they (team) should have called him to pit for change of tyres. That could have ended up battle for 3rd position (Max vs Kimi) & also release vettel to attack Ric. So that vettel can have a crack at Ham in the later part. (Outcome two possibilites: Vet vs Ham for 1st positon, Kimi vs Max 3rd position)

2. I Think seb was struck behind Ric & kimi for about 10-12laps. If kimi had issues, kimi himself could have let seb pass him & attack ric. Kimi also knew seb is faster than him. But he didn't do that way. (outcome: Ham was managing the race & opened up a gap). If kimi would have let seb pass him, then seb would have overtaken Ric alot earlier & setting up FL's.
    for 10laps on avg if we take .3ths = 3sec. (pure guess) he lost 3sec to ham behind kimi only.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    two mistakes from ferrari team & Kimi yest,
    1. When Kimi was unable to pass Ric, they (team) should have called him to pit for change of tyres. That could have ended up battle for 3rd position (Max vs Kimi) & also release vettel to attack Ric. So that vettel can have a crack at Ham in the later part. (Outcome two possibilites: Vet vs Ham for 1st positon, Kimi vs Max 3rd position)

2. I Think seb was struck behind Ric & kimi for about 10-12laps. If kimi had issues, kimi himself could have let seb pass him & attack ric. Kimi also knew seb is faster than him. But he didn't do that way. (outcome: Ham was managing the race & opened up a gap). If kimi would have let seb pass him, then seb would have overtaken Ric alot earlier & setting up FL's.
    for 10laps on avg if we take .3ths = 3sec. (pure guess) he lost 3sec to ham behind kimi only.
    both valid points but on the latter(#2), while that would be the gesturely thing to do, he(KR) never got team oders to move over. Vettel was poised and mature about the whole situation respecting TEAM ORDERS (not hearing anything), so after so many laps, Vettel took matters into his own hands. I respect teammate battles up to a certain degree but when one is having issues with his car....the team needs to communicate with both drivers to let both of them know what is going on and thats where the problem lies with regards to this one race; they have learned from it and off to Bahrain.

Verstappen gets paid £3 million a year I believe. Kimi is the oldest driver in F1 at the moment and it's showing, I would love him to prove us all wrong pulling some great performances out of the bag going forward. But I suspect we'll be seeing a new number two before the seasons out, hopefully Max.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960