Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2017 - Race Thread

i still believe that if seb was closer to ham in the beginning, it would have been a different story, like the one in australia where ham was pushing because seb was on his tail all the time. perhaps the tires of ham would have worn out faster? but then again, i am just speculating.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Ofcourse we needed to stop for slicks but it was too early as like you said, parts of the tracks was damp. Why didn't mercedes pitted either of their drivers?
    Because they are still favourites and they play it conservative.

The combo of Merc and Hamilton was just too strong today. I don't think Seb's early pitstop under the VSC made any difference in the end and neither did all the laps behind Ricciardo. Hamilton could always pick up the pace when Seb put in a good lap in the 2nd half of the race. Too bad the entire race wasn't dry because all those early stops under both SC's wouldn't have happened in the dry and the true order on a Tilkedrome would have been possible to analyze. The worst possible scenario is if the Scuderia is so close but not there and at the same time Bottas not being able to steal points off Hamilton. As it looks now Bottas is no Rosberg, not even close. All in all it was good damage limitation but too bad they lost the WCC lead. I have no idea what was going on with Kimi. Technical issues? In the end I think Merc is just flattering us right now saying it's close. It might be closer than the last two seasons but it still looks like they have an advantage.

We need to get some pole positions, it could make things a lot easier.

I think without the safety car, it would have been much closer and we possibly could have won this one. It's great we're two races in and we've got a 1st and a 2nd - exactly like Mercedes! No one can say we're not in it this year.

Those saying the strategy call was a blunder will never be satisfied. If the safety car hadn't come out, we would have been in the lead after the rest pitted. How can anyone say that is a strategy mistake? Hindsight is great but understand what that is.

I think the cold does generally suit Mercedes more - so I very much look forward to Bahrain! I think it can definitely go our way. It should be much better for Kimi in the heat, too

I am one of the few that did not want to see a team order for Kimi. They were on the same strategy and it would be totaly demotivating for Kimi. Seb overtook him on merit and he gained some prestige by that. It would be exactly opposite the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think this is going to be an exciting and nerve wreaking season
    I'm glad to see our Melbourne pace was not a one off. We are on the same pace as Merc, nothing to choose between Vettel and Lewis.
    Can't wait for the next race already..

A lesson learn here, I think Ferrari should have released Vettel the moment Kimi reported he had issue.
    It made no sense keeping Vettel behind Kimi when we knew Kimi had issue, and Lewis was starting to pull ahead.

If we want to win the title, we have to do everything we can to get every single point. I want to see Ferrari being as ruthless as we did back in Schumi days.
    +1

Seb did loose valuable time during these laps . Such a pity

How is it possible that from the lead drivers only Vettel took the risk to pit earlier? We wanted the short road and this is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    I am one of the few that did not wanted to see a team order for Kimi. They were on the same strategy and it would be totaly demotivating for Kimi. Seb overtook him on merit and he gained some prestige by that. It would be exactly opposite the other way round
    yes but it was kimi himself who said on the radio that he was having some kind of issue, so why not let your teammate pass instead so as not to jeopardize the race?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb did not think it was too early though and he was driving.
    It did not pay of though, did it? He took the risk and paid the price. Point is he was already second and he had a better chance on track to race hamilton for the win.
    Red is the only color!!!

He was having issue but was still driving as fast as Ricciardo in front of him. If he had real technical problem, Seb would have overtaken him easily, no need for team orders.

He was having issue but was still driving as fast as Ricciardo in front of him. If he had real technical problem, Seb would have overtaken him easily, no need for team orders.
    but he knew seb was faster than him.
    Forza Ferrari

It did not pay of though, did it? He took the risk and paid the price. Point is he was already second and he had a better chance on track to race hamilton for the win.
    Hindsight, easy to judge now. It was not a mistake, no matter how you try to present it.

i really wish Ferrari find some more pace at Bahrain compared to Mercs, i want Pole Position \(^_^)/

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    but he knew seb was faster than him.
    So what, They both were stuck behind a RB .

If we are to maximise our potential which is obvious we need a new driver like Verstappen. No brainer
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Only because of the SC which you can't predict.
    Forza Ferrari

wow
    Forza Ferrari

At one point, Seb was 15 seconds behind Hamilton. He more than halve that with all that overtaking. That's something.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Verstappen Ferrari needs you!!@@
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Ferrari has given us a fast car straight out of the starting block, and still people here find reasons to complain. Relax people, it's just the second race of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    The combo of Merc and Hamilton was just too strong today. I don't think Seb's early pitstop under the VSC made any difference in the end and neither did all the laps behind Ricciardo. Hamilton could always pick up the pace when Seb put in a good lap in the 2nd half of the race. Too bad the entire race wasn't dry because all those early stops under both SC's wouldn't have happened in the dry and the true order on a Tilkedrome would have been possible to analyze. The worst possible scenario is if the Scuderia is so close but not there and at the same time Bottas not being able to steal points off Hamilton. As it looks now Bottas is no Rosberg, not even close. All in all it was good damage limitation but too bad they lost the WCC lead. I have no idea what was going on with Kimi. Technical issues? In the end I think Merc is just flattering us right now saying it's close. It might be closer than the last two seasons but it still looks like they have an advantage.
    We dont know. Maybe Mercedes got worse tire degradation than us. After all that misfortune, Vettel finished only 6.5s behind Hamliton, while the rest field had 45+ seconds gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    If we are to maximise our potential which is obvious we need a new driver like Verstappen. No brainer
    agreed;

the development, the team strategy, and the drivers all need to be aggressive imo

so you'd rather see two drivers get stuck behind and compromise the race of the other?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Verstappen Ferrari needs you!!@@
    Are you related in one way or another to the Verstappen family?

Without the safety car the pit under VSC would have put Vettel in the lead. Pure bad luck with the safety car and Vettel down in 6th. Great recovery. Lucky can put it right in 7 days.

It was un unnecessary risk. We wanted to be smarass and undercut him, not to win on the track. We tried this in australia2016(alonso crash) and the result was the same.
    This is the strategy for. They must think what happen if the saffety enters next lap(which is very possible in rain races) not play bluffing.
    Last edited by alfa84; 9th April 2017 at 08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    It was un unnecessary risk. We wanted to be smarass and undercut him, not to win on the track. We tried this in australia2016(alonso crash) and the result was the same.
    LOL Merc pitted next lap for same tyres, the track was ready for slicks and if you leave it too late your race is over.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Ferrari has given us a fast car straight out of the starting block, and still people here find reasons to complain. Relax people, it's just the second race of the year!
    When the same thing happened in OZ, we said it's just 1st race.
    Now again we are saying it's just 2nd race. If we ourselves like this continuously, we will never be in a winning position.
    This year car is good. In one lap mercs slight ahead & Hamilton doing the difference in quali.
    But interms of race pace & managing tyres we are way ahead of mercs.
    Seb is doing right thing by staying right behind one of mercs. Kimi isn't doing that, he's been complaining about issues too many over the radio. Which we didn't find him struggling in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    they should'v risked Kimi instead and get him ahead of the RBs and/or coulda made him P1 with a potential Vet / Ham race for P2

awww well hindsight =/ Im still feeling down though