Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2017 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Ferrari has given us a fast car straight out of the starting block, and still people here find reasons to complain. Relax people, it's just the second race of the year!
    +1 preach!! People will never be happy. They want Ferrari to be 1&2, 3 laps ahead of the field. But guess what - that defeat the purpose of going racing! I would much rather a close championship, which it looks like we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Without the safety car the pit under VSC would have put Vettel in the lead. Pure bad luck with the safety car and Vettel down in 6th. Great recovery. Lucky can put it right in 7 days.
    Yeah, Bahrain should be good for us.

Yea, Kimi should be gifted a nice 812 Superfast as a thank you for his services and be replaced with someone hungry. Verstapen would golden, but I don't think he will be let go. Who else is tere? Sainz maybe? He is pretty good. Or Hulkenberg? Or... wouldn't it be crazy to offer Fernando a comback? I know he is not so popular in our eyes, but he is still fast and wants that title badly. I think he would be more then happy to jump the sinking ship, after he admited Ferrari being contender for the title finally.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

This was a good and exciting race...two teams fighting one another....saw some nice passes....looking forward for the rest of the season.

I assure you people that mercs are worried right now of having the prospect that Ferrari will surpass them before the end of the season.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When the same thing happened in OZ, we said it's just 1st race.
    Now again we are saying it's just 2nd race. If we ourselves like this continuously, we will never be in a winning position.
    This year car is good. In one lap mercs slight ahead & Hamilton doing the difference in quali.
    But interms of race pace & managing tyres we are way ahead of mercs.
    Seb is doing right thing by staying right behind one of mercs. Kimi isn't doing that, he's been complaining about issues too many over the radio. Which we didn't find him struggling in testing.
    Well it's possible the new car suits Seb more just like when Ric beat Seb in the same equipment in 2014.

Funny how the result is exactly in the same order as last year. Merc/Ferrari/RB. I think we'll do a lot better in Bahrain.

Really glad Haas scored their first points.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This was a good and exciting race...two teams fighting one another....saw some nice passes....looking forward for the rest of the season.
    Yeah when everyone saying overtaking was not possible. This was good race.
    Max-ric, vet-Kimi, vet-ric, Perez-Kvyat, alonso-sainz passes were extremely good. I missed out couple of more too.
    Perez, hulk, grosjean improved as a good drivers. I would like to see one of them, if Kimi performs the same way as today.
    Or give alonso a final shot. He would rip ham away with this year car.

too bad we can't turn the clock back 10 years, would be great to have Seb + the 2007 version of Kimi in this car.

Well it's possible the new car suits Seb more just like when Ric beat Seb in the same equipment in 2014.
    Kimi said after testing he felt comfortable with car straight away. Come to races it's very interesting.

i don't think so. this was the time when seb was not motivated enough and this was also the time when rumors spread that he was about to leave rb to ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Chinese GP 2017 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    i don't think so. this was the time when seb was not motivated enough and this was also the time when rumors spread that he was about to leave rb to ferrari.
    Pérez has changed with the new regulations, he is more aggressive and very good overtaker, I would love to have him instead of Kimi for 2018, and he is gonna be free

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Vettel: "behind Kimi I didn't miss anything. I lost the race in the pitlane, but you can't do anything about it ".
    From Autosprint
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kimi said after testing he felt comfortable with car straight away. Come to races it's very interesting.
    Well testing is different from the race. Be that as it may, Kimi is under contract and the team and fans are stuck with him win or lose. Yes he prolly cost Seb a chance to attack Ham in the second half of the race, but it is what it is. ham was stuck behind Max in Oz if you recall. Breaks of the game really.

Big winners of this race red bulls. There was a opportunity they grabbed it with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Pérez has changed with the new regulations, he is more aggressive and very good overtaker, I would love to have him instead of Kimi for 2018, and he is gonna be free

???
    Forza Ferrari

#Kimi7: "No there wasn't issue with the engine. We just need to make some things different way."
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

???
    He is the only few to overtake in Melbourne and made good overtakes in China, not DRS ones, past years he was a very good with tires, now he has turn aggressive, and the Force India is punching above its weight.

He is the only few to overtake in Melbourne and made good overtakes in China, not DRS ones, past years he was a very good with tires, now he has turn aggressive, and the Force India is punching above its weight.

???
    Forza Ferrari

Yes he's very matured as a driver now.

???
    ???

So with all what Seb went through throughout the race he still managed to fined 6.5 seconds behind Ham who wasn't exactly cruising himself. I'd say our Car is definitely quicker than Merc on Race trim

Interesting, he's moaning a lot over radio in race.

A word around the Paddock according to Sky commentators is we seem to have alot of downforce. Could that be the reason Merc is ahead in qualy trim as they have less drag than us ?

It was a great race and Bahrain should suit us even better. Exciting times!

People need to stop bagging every little thing when stuff goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    A word around the Paddock according to Sky commentators is we seem to have alot of downforce. Could that be the reason Merc is ahead in qualy trim as they have less drag than us ?
    whatever the case maybe, we are sure moving forward in every area. and btw, sky is biased towards mercs so don't expect any good comment towards us.
    Forza Ferrari

so you'd rather see two drivers get stuck behind and compromise the race of the other?
    No, I eould rather see a breathtaking overtaking by the faster driver, which thanksfuly happend.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    No, I eould rather see a breathtaking overtaking by the faster driver, which thanksfuly happend.
    yes that's right.......after 10 laps of losing time. good call on your part.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Ofcourse we needed to stop for slicks but it was too early as like you said, parts of the tracks was damp. Why didn't mercedes pitted either of their drivers?
    Hulkenberg on slicks had just done the fastest lap of the race 8n a Renault. This would have worked out fantastic but for the safety car. Ironic it was Ferraris 3rd driver who caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yea, Kimi should be gifted a nice 812 Superfast as a thank you for his services and be replaced with someone hungry. Verstapen would golden, but I don't think he will be let go. Who else is tere? Sainz maybe? He is pretty good. Or Hulkenberg? Or... wouldn't it be crazy to offer Fernando a comback? I know he is not so popular in our eyes, but he is still fast and wants that title badly. I think he would be more then happy to jump the sinking ship, after he admited Ferrari being contender for the title finally.