Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 211 to 226 of 226

Thread: UBS Chinese GP 2017 - practice and qualifying thread

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,661
    I thought Mercedes hired Bottas to help win WCC. He is doing his job.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I thought Mercedes hired Bottas to help win WCC. He is doing his job.
    +1...so far..yes

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1...so far..yes
    Last time I checked Ferrari is leading the championship, so someone is not doing his job...
    Anyways, filling Rosbergs spot with Bottas is playing into Ferraris hands, which is good.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Last time I checked Ferrari is leading the championship, so someone is not doing his job...
    Anyways, filling Rosbergs spot with Bottas is playing into Ferraris hands, which is good.
    In quali, he isn't. But in race he's doing his job holding his track position. This is where Kimi need to up his game n attack Bottas so that he gets vulnerable n unsecured. This will create confusion in the mercs garage.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    16,841





    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In quali, he isn't. But in race he's doing his job holding his track position. This is where Kimi need to up his game n attack Bottas so that he gets vulnerable n unsecured. This will create confusion in the mercs garage.
    yep.....Like JAX said....his age might be the inconsistent factor but in the wet...who knows.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    16,841


    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    16,841
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep.....Like JAX said....his age might be the inconsistent factor but in the wet...who knows.
    why has age got to do with anything? he trains hard, his fitness is right up there. Age has got nothing to do with it. As said few times, Kimi has got a very very narrow working window. Track temp, tyre temps, pressures all come into this. Upsets the balance of his car, and goes away from him. He doing good job, give him a break. If he is always stuck in Q2 and down in P11-20, fair enough. But no, right now he right at the front.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    why has age got to do with anything? he trains hard, his fitness is right up there. Age has got nothing to do with it. As said few times, Kimi has got a very very narrow working window. Track temp, tyre temps, pressures all come into this. Upsets the balance of his car, and goes away from him. He doing good job, give him a break. If he is always stuck in Q2 and down in P11-20, fair enough. But no, right now he right at the front.
    fair enough Rob, but this year, so far, we have a well built car that can take the fight to the Merc's. Kimi NEEDS to be in front of Bottas AND behind Vettel realizing its only been 1 GP.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,661
    Why would he need to be behind Vettel?

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Why would he need to be behind Vettel?
    Or in front of him

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,592
    Bottas doing a great job. Remember Nico had races when he was 0.4, 0.5s down on hamilton. He even had the chance to pass him in Australia, be sure if it was Nico he wouldnt have gotten the order. Its just the start of the season, still early days so anything can happen

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,947
    Kimi the rain master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowtAuigNz8
    Hoping for a dry race tomorrow!!!!!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Kimi the rain master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowtAuigNz8
    Hoping for a dry race tomorrow!!!!!
    He isnt great in the wet. If it rains tomorrow its all up to Vettel

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He isnt great in the wet. If it rains tomorrow its all up to Vettel
    Exactly my thoughts too. If it's wet, he just need to hold his position.
    During pit stop time, if he could seb that would be more handy

  16. #226
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,767
    Rob! thanks for the great photos! And for sticking up for Kimi !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •