Thread: UBS Chinese GP 2017 - practice and qualifying thread

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    maybe not for some.
    haha..wimps!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Think no practices today
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

it's definitely going to be a very busy day tomorrow for fp3.
    Forza Ferrari

FIA should extend the time for fp3 since there was no fp1 and 2.
    Forza Ferrari

Official.....no practice 2

this sux.

Its better to have quali & race on saturday, if weather forecast is same as today.

Qualifying and race for tomorrow now maybe????

I like to think about it like this....NO FP1 & NO FP2....this should level the playing field for eveyone even more.....lets see who gots what it takes...who really is in their game?

Formula 1 teams and FIA to discuss moving Chinese GP to Saturday

Formula 1 teams will meet with the FIA today to discuss bringing the Chinese Grand Prix forward to Saturday to avoid the risk of it being cancelled because of bad weather.

Track action at the Shanghai circuit on Friday was extremely limited thanks to the medical helicopter being out of action because it could not land at the FIA's designated hospital in Shanghai, with the second session being cancelled entirely.

The FIA's rules state a session cannot continue if neither a medical helicopter nor an ambulance can get to the assigned hospital within approximately 20 minutes

The preferred hospital in Shanghai is 38 kilometres away, which is too far for the ambulance to reach in that time.

An alternative medical facility is just 5km away, but even that is too difficult to reach within the allowed time because of local traffic.

Better weather is predicted for Saturday, which should allow track action to get back underway without problem, but the forecast for Sunday is poor.

The matter is set to be discussed at Friday night's drivers' briefing, which will be attended by team managers, but a change would require unanimous support from the teams.

The situation in China is further complicated because the Bahrain GP runs next weekend, which means that it cannot be delayed until Monday because the freight needs to be shipped.

source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...for-chinese-gp

Here's a pic of the SF70-H cooling floor....bulge is the coolant being circulated maybe???

Attachment 7064

sorry folks but this is changing by the hour:

Chinese GP format to be unchanged despite Shanghai weather concerns

Race scheduled to start at 7am on Sunday; Saturday's qualy hour to begin at 8am; Hamilton had called for format to be ripped up

The Chinese GP will remain in its scheduled slot on Sunday morning UK time despite Lewis Hamilton leading calls for the format to be dramatically revised, after Friday practice was grounded due to low-hanging clouds in Shanghai.

Sky F1 had been told moving the Grand Prix to Saturday was being considered following the abandonment of Practice Two on safety grounds.

But the practicalities involved in moving an event which will be watched by a television audience of millions worldwide at such short notice means the race will take place at 7am UK time on Sunday as previously advertised.

source: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ather-concerns

But they got right eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    sorry folks but this is changing by the hour:

Chinese GP format to be unchanged despite Shanghai weather concerns

Race scheduled to start at 7am on Sunday; Saturday's qualy hour to begin at 8am; Hamilton had called for format to be ripped up

The Chinese GP will remain in its scheduled slot on Sunday morning UK time despite Lewis Hamilton leading calls for the format to be dramatically revised, after Friday practice was grounded due to low-hanging clouds in Shanghai.

Sky F1 had been told moving the Grand Prix to Saturday was being considered following the abandonment of Practice Two on safety grounds.

But the practicalities involved in moving an event which will be watched by a television audience of millions worldwide at such short notice means the race will take place at 7am UK time on Sunday as previously advertised.

source: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ather-concerns

This could now easily come back and bite them in the behind for not making a smart move. If it is going to be cloudy on Sunday, then i hope at least it is a wet race and a good one.

Crossing Fingers that Ferrari best Mercedes somehow, even though i feel Merc's still have the better car this season. Finally getting back into F1 like I used to back in the early 2000's. Hehe I enjoy F1 much more when Ferrari wins ^_^

now it all makes sense!!!!

Attachment 7065

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Crossing Fingers that Ferrari best Mercedes somehow, even though i feel Merc's still have the better car this season. Finally getting back into F1 like I used to back in the early 2000's. Hehe I enjoy F1 much more when Ferrari wins ^_^

Easy there, first we need to see a race happening in order to outrace someone

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    That would be great!! If the car is competitive, WCC is almost a given with FA and SV as the pilots.
    Seb plays his games on the track unlike Hamiltons politics, so it wont be much of a problem for the team between FA and SV. Though i have my doubts if SV would want to go up against FA in equal machinery.
    LOL. Who cares how Lewis is with team politics? He's in another team. You are talking about Alonso in Ferrari and completely ignoring how he is the one who gets involved in politics. By the way, when Vettel signed for Ferrari, Alonso was still a Ferrari driver. If he insisted on staying, it's quite possible Raikkonen yet again might have gotten a paid leave, so who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    LOL. Who cares how Lewis is with team politics? He's in another team. You are talking about Alonso in Ferrari and completely ignoring how he is the one who gets involved in politics. By the way, when Vettel signed for Ferrari, Alonso was still a Ferrari driver. If he insisted on staying, it's quite possible Raikkonen yet again might have gotten a paid leave, so who knows....
    I don't think Alonso would have stayed and I don't think he would have had a say regardless. it seems management had enough and pre-empted his move. I feel bad for him in his situation now, but like the man himself said... for 5 years nothing in Ferrari changed, then he left.... so far change has been pretty good and the chemistry in the team seems to be better than it's been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I don't think Alonso would have stayed and I don't think he would have had a say regardless. it seems management had enough and pre-empted his move. I feel bad for him in his situation now, but like the man himself said... for 5 years nothing in Ferrari changed, then he left.... so far change has been pretty good and the chemistry in the team seems to be better than it's been in a long time.
    We are better of without him really. Although a great driver, one of the best on the grid, his politics really hurt the team, and if it doesnt go his way its scandal over scandal. Like you see now at McLaren, with all the bashing, like it was when Kimi pipped him and Lewis for the title in 2007, McLaren couldnt get enough bashing then also. At Ferrari, it was all about Fernando and not about the team, harmony does wonders and constant moaning does not help. Felipe said multiple times the team favored Fernando, not only in the race but with detailed info about the car, they worked a lot more with Fernando than with him, make the car more to FA liking etc. That is why he is where he is, and nobody big wants him, despite his enormous talent. You make your own bed, and now Fernando is sleeping where he should. Mercedes will not pick him up next year, and neither will Ferrari even if Raikkonen retires, RBR will hold the current line up or promote Sainz if Ricciardo moves. Alonso is stuck where he is, only other options are Williams or Renault.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 7th April 2017 at 23:33.

Yay no leaderboard on screen again.... sigh. They need to fix this!!!

Looks promising for ferrari! I'm so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Yay no leaderboard on screen again.... sigh. They need to fix this!!!
    Get the F1 app, the free version is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Looks promising for ferrari! I'm so excited!
    Anyone thinks Mercs were sandbagging?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Anyone thinks Mercs were sandbagging?
    Vettel is sandbagging I am sure, he will go easily to deep 1:32 or even below if qualy will be this cold and there will be more rubber

I got my timings wrong, set my alarm to wake up for 6am (UK time) switched on the TV and it was the end of FP3

Anyone see how we got on with the race sims?