Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I would hate to see Perez come to Ferrari. I've never been impressed with him. Quite the opposite to be honest. I think that's a downgrade over Kimi even.

Ricciardo is my #1 choice. I'd take Hulk as a #2.
    Spot on! I've never truely rated Perez, just a good midfield driver, same goes for Hulk, Hulk would come into the team as a clear cut number 2

Everyone saying Ricciardo won't come if Vettel is in the team? Why not? He beat Vettel when at Red Bull, whose to say he won't do it again??

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Spot on! I've never truely rated Perez, just a good midfield driver, same goes for Hulk, Hulk would come into the team as a clear cut number 2

Everyone saying Ricciardo won't come if Vettel is in the team? Why not? He beat Vettel when at Red Bull, whose to say he won't do it again??
    There are conspiracy theories that Red Bull didn't give Seb their full support because he told them early in the season he'll go to Ferrari hence the reason why Ricciardo managed to beat him so heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post

Hasn't he finished in the points for something like the past 14 or 15 races? That's impressive!

As for last year, Perez largely outperformed Hulkenberg:

http://grandprixrankings.com/compari...-sergio-perez/

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Hasn't he finished in the points for something like the past 14 or 15 races? That's impressive!
    Yeah, he's a very consistent pilot. I think he deserves a chance in a competitive car. Maybe his McLaren venture hurt his carrier a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There are conspiracy theories that Red Bull didn't give Seb their full support because he told them early in the season he'll go to Ferrari hence the reason why Ricciardo managed to beat him so heavily.
    lol.. fanboys stories. Surprised it didnt come with more drama that they deliberately sabotaged his car, filled less gas, punctured his tyres, gave him a laxative just before each race, drugged him during qualifying and then... and only then was Ricciardo able to beat him. Gosh!
    It was not one or two races for gods sake. It was a whole season.
    Silently, like a shadow

Kimi's wife gives birth yesterday....

Kimi Räikkönen news‏ @Kimi7iceman · 11h11 hours ago

Minttu on IG: Our hearts are full of love and pride♥️
    We are blessed today with the birth of our gorgeous daughter, Rianna Angelia Milana👑
    his twitter account

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    lol.. fanboys stories. Surprised it didnt come with more drama that they deliberately sabotaged his car, filled less gas, punctured his tyres, gave him a laxative just before each race, drugged him during qualifying and then... and only then was Ricciardo able to beat him. Gosh!
    It was not one or two races for gods sake. It was a whole season.
    Yeah agreed, no conspiracy here, Ricciardo was just the better driver that year, and I'm sure he'd love to prove it again! It's just what we need, a solid driver who can take the fight to Seb!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

his twitter account
    Concrats to family Räikkönen!

Rianna Angelia Milana That sounds very green, white and red I like

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

his twitter account
    Congrats to Kimi but he doesn't have a twitter account. That's a fan twitter account.

Congrats to Kimi but he doesn't have a twitter account. That's a fan twitter account.
    you mean the iceman is not on twitface?

So, maybe during this summer Kimi's replacement will become relevant - I don't think he will bother to drive another year anymore?

Ricci or Verstappen would be ideal of course, but can Ferrari get them? With enough money I think everything is possible..

Also never say never so Fernando is also an option and that would be great having him in another car!

Antonio G will be our next driver replacing Seb or Kimi. Ricci or Verstappen will never allow Ferrari to Rubenize them. They want the shot @ #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Antonio G will be our next driver replacing Seb or Kimi. Ricci or Verstappen will never allow Ferrari to Rubenize them. They want the shot @ #1.
    Doubt it, really. Ferrari always wanted experienced drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But the drivers get equal treatment so no problem there. Either one of them would do just fine.

I think Checo might enter Ferrari with some big Carlos Slim money.

I think Checo might enter Ferrari with some big Carlos Slim money.
    sorry to say it, but Ferrari is NOT hurting for money....they do NOT need paid drivers

If and when Seb decides to call it quits, i'm sure Ferrari will be looking at someone with experience rather then a rookie....not that Checo is a rookie but Antoni G is.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sorry to say it, but Ferrari is NOT hurting for money....they do NOT need paid drivers

If and when Seb decides to call it quits, i'm sure Ferrari will be looking at someone with experience rather then a rookie....not that Checo is a rookie but Antoni G is.
    Of course Ferrari is not hurting for money. But Checo is a solid driver that deserves another chance imo. The money will just come extra.

My highlight reel of Perez is bad decisions, poor passing attempts, over aggressive moves, un assisted driver errors, and a lot of whining.

The one or two times he's gotten a good result because he made tires last longer than others, hardly an impressive resume to me.

It would be a big mistake to put him in Ferrari IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    My highlight reel of Perez is bad decisions, poor passing attempts, over aggressive moves, un assisted driver errors, and a lot of whining.

The one or two times he's gotten a good result because he made tires last longer than others, hardly an impressive resume to me.

It would be a big mistake to put him in Ferrari IMO.
    Hmm, i actually thought the same. He is very fast and consistent when there is no trouble on track. However, he knows to be clumsy when he has to overtake and clumsy in chaotic situations as well.

Hmm, i actually thought the same. He is very fast and consistent when there is no trouble on track. However, he knows to be clumsy when he has to overtake and clumsy in chaotic situations as well.
    Pérez has been good in Australia, overtaking, and very consistent getting points and finalizing better than hulk and ocon, this year Perez is better overtaker. But yes, Monaco wasn't good for him this time around. Anyway I think he is the best Number 2 around.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Pérez has been good in Australia, overtaking, and very consistent getting points and finalizing better than hulk and ocon, this year Perez is better overtaker. But yes, Monaco wasn't good for him this time around. Anyway I think he is the best Number 2 around.

Well with experience comes skills and knowledge. He has always been fast though. Maybe he is really better now. I think he is a solid replacement for Kimi indeed.

Hopefully Kimi goes. I just want him gone. Mostly because his fans are not Ferrari fans, they are Kimi fans and couldn't care less about Ferrari. And Kimi, well Kimi is supreme talent that is now 38 and is getting beaten badly in races against WDC leader. Problem for cult like following hes got is that they believe he is still as fast as Vettel, and that somehow team cost him win. These kind of conspiracy theory are starting to get on my nerves. No wonder Brawn did what he did at that time with Schumi and 2nd drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    But the drivers get equal treatment so no problem there. Either one of them would do just fine.
    Very true. they get equal treatment untill one of them gets a seat @ Ferrari! Just imagine, "Seb, let him pass! "

Doubt it, really. Ferrari always wanted experienced drivers.
    19 yrs. old is a rookie. Verstappen got his shot and look how he's doing.

perez is best fit no.2 in the ferrari team.
    He's been consistent, good overtakes, takes the challenges, especially team player.

He keeps driving like Monaco, he won't need to be replaced.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

FerrariSteve Guest
    tbh I hope we don't get Perez, I've never been impressed by him and his attitude in the car can really stink at times. no thank you.

My list of ideal replacements (in no order)
    Daniel Ricciardo (I think he's very good)
    Fernando Alonso (like him or hate him, he's still one of the best)
    Max Verstappen (not a massive fan but I can't deny his talent or passion)
    Carlos Sainz (I think he's getting better all the time)
    Mick Schumacher (hey..well I can dream)

Who I don't want

Valtteri Bottas - I don't think he's wdc material
    Lewis Hamilton - the day he wears red is my last day as a Ferrari fan

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    You serious? You won't be Ferrari Steve anymore if that happens? lol

tbh I hope we don't get Perez, I've never been impressed by him and his attitude in the car can really stink at times. no thank you.

Who I don't want

RIC VER SAI are out of the question, they will stay at Red Bull. If one of them are free let's get him, but that's not gonna happen, i love ALO, but he will not come with VET, we will not call him, mick? Let him prove something first please.

So we have GRO, PER and who's more?, I will take PER in a second he is a real deal, and perfect number 2, good for Ferrari. What more can we ask ?, the only guy with balls to do overtakes in Monaco (he did 2 vandoorne and stroll) and tried with Kviat and failed miserably, but he tried to get more points, what was Kimi trying to do ?

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    He keeps driving like Monaco, he won't need to be replaced.
    At least he beats his team-mate, consitently in the pts. Every driver makes a mistake now and then. At the time of Perez's incident, team radio were hollering at his ear and

he yelled back at them and needed 200% focus; he was distracted at the time of the incident.

Who I don't want

Perez looks like the most avaliable candidate. Followed by Hulk.