Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

I do not have a problem with Kimi. Perez is incredibly consistent with some fire. I like that. In addition, he was part of Ferrari's Young Driver Academy, so I think he would be a good fit.

As for Alonso, Vettel/Alonso would be the most thrilling and explosive combo on the grid, I would pay to see it happen, and Alonso would totally be up for the challenge. It won't happen though.

Disappointed Since 2010

Merc off the podium! Bottas and Lewis need to be replaced! They wish they had Kimi or Seb for sure! Merc has the best cars on the track and still can't catch Kimi and Seb!!!!

Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

That doesn't sound true Brembo, I'm not sure HAM or BOT would have done worst than Kimi on the SF70H on Monaco, maybe not on Quali, because Kimi was on fire, but on the race, he was holding up VET. We ha a championship winning car for the fist time in a lot of years, maybe a decade, and our second driver is by far the guy with less points of the 4th best cars.

Anyway let's wait and see how the things go with kimi for the next of the year, at least until the summer break. Maybe he can start winning on merit again.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Maybe Kimi can indeed start winning again. Ferrari needs to " Let him pass!" Letting Seb on occasion when the occasion comes around, hold back the crowd with Kimi up front, would be a favor well returned. A 1,2 is always the same points WCC.

Only if he is really faster, which have been not proven yet.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Replace him with [insert any name here] and things will settle down. Well, at least for a while and then the circus starts again.

My concern is if kimi is that much disappointed in monaco....then in coming races he plays a important role in seb's WDC championship. where at times some scenarios will arise where he need to hold either bottas or hamilton when they are in race winning position. Will kimi act to that accordingly or will he give a free pass.

I see alot of moaning this year from kimi. which will be the same case, when he is kept on track to block either bottas or ham at that time.

If he doesn't show emotions it is bad. When he shows emotions it is bad.

He needs to show the right kind of emotions

The way of empty words and lots of hand gestures?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Loads of ice-cakes

Si you don't know the difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Si you don't know the difference ?

obviously

This really sound like insulting Italian people, watch your words dude, I'm sure you didn't intend that.

thats a Fin for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    This really sound like insulting Italian people, watch your words dude, I'm sure you didn't intend that.

huh???...I believe he was talking about Kimi?

I see that Hass have just announced that Giovinazzi will drive for them in FP1 in seven GP's this season. If he impresses I wonder if we'll see a Giovinazzi to Hass, Grosjean to Ferrari move for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    I see that Hass have just announced that Giovinazzi will drive for them in FP1 in seven GP's this season. If he impresses I wonder if we'll see a Giovinazzi to Hass, Grosjean to Ferrari move for next year.
    yup. Haas is going to groom him for a Ferrari seat in the future if he performs. Gasly has gone to Redbull. LeClerc is also a good driver that has a promising future....hope he comes

to Ferrari. Markelov is doing well in GP2(F2).

Grosjean.....ehh.

Antonio G to Ferrari when there's the opening, Liberty knows how to make $$$. Fans want to see a Italian driving for Ferrari. Seb learned the language and became a big hit. [Speaking Italian, not sign language!]

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Crashjean in a Ferrari just seems so wrong.

I would like to see Vettel Ric rematch. I think Rics win was a bit overstated with Vettel actually as their qualifying was relatively close (10-9) with Vettel having 20 place grid penalty in COTA. I mean, even in his bad year he was pretty much matching Ric in his best year (qualifying), and it looks to me he is now better racer then qualifier while Ric now looks a bit rattled with these new regulations...I think beating Ric would go long way of stamping his legacy.

In 2014 Mercedes was the obvious WDC/WCC winner very early in the season and Vettel likely orchestrated the triggering of his out clause to get out of Red Bull a year before his contract w/ them expired so that he could go to Ferrari. Far too much is made of where he finished in the points table relative to Ricciardo that year.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24182/9502143

Vettel has the passion of Senna, the analytical mind of Prost, and the drive/determination to win of Schumacher. He is comparable only to the all-time greats of the sport and Ricciardo cannot even be mentioned in the same breath.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Loads of ice-cakes
    Cornetto?

If we win the WCC this year then Kimi will probably stay with the team but if not then Kimi will definitely be replaced.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    If we win the WCC this year then Kimi will probably stay with the team but if not then Kimi will definitely be replaced.
    it depends on how we win.There are several variables in this

1) WCC won, based on seb winning the races (25pts)?

2) Has kimi consistently played part on winning the championship

3) Is he right up there with Seb in WDC standings (2nd or 3rd in standings)

above things would be considered for sure for contract renewal, as this current regulations requires drivers to perform to the edge.
    drivers makes a diff of atleast 0.1-.3ths extracting from the car.

If kimi stays in 4th position in standings & far off Vet points. I think they will replace him with Perez or grosjean or sainz.
    As sainz contract is locked by RB. I see perez or grosjean as replacement for kimi. Also i'm sure above two drivers will perform good at ferrari & maintain same harmony in the team which was with kimi.

To Kimi: You have enough car to win races, just shut the damn radio! You know what your doing for sure! Seb got your back! He's there for you!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    it depends on how we win.There are several variables in this

1) WCC won, based on seb winning the races (25pts)?

2) Has kimi consistently played part on winning the championship

3) Is he right up there with Seb in WDC standings (2nd or 3rd in standings)

above things would be considered for sure for contract renewal, as this current regulations requires drivers to perform to the edge.
    drivers makes a diff of atleast 0.1-.3ths extracting from the car.

If kimi stays in 4th position in standings & far off Vet points. I think they will replace him with Perez or grosjean or sainz.
    As sainz contract is locked by RB. I see perez or grosjean as replacement for kimi. Also i'm sure above two drivers will perform good at ferrari & maintain same harmony in the team which was with kimi.
    High 4th would be enough

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

If Kimi continues to perform like he performed in Monaco and Russia and we win the WDC maybe the team doesn't need to replace him after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If Kimi continues to perform like he performed in Monaco and Russia and we win the WDC maybe the team doesn't need to replace him after all.
    you may be right....

Raikkonen basically Ferrari no.2 says Salo - - - June 2, 2017

Kimi Raikkonen is "basically" already the number 2 driver at Ferrari for 2017.

That is the view of the Finn's countryman Mika Salo.

His comments follow Monaco, where a controversial pit strategy saw Raikkonen lose the lead and the subsequent race win to teammate and championship leader Sebastian Vettel.

"Vettel has a good chance of winning the world championship," Salo said.

"He's doing a very good job against Hamilton. Kimi is already quite a lot of points behind, so basically he's the second driver in everyone's eyes," said the former F1 driver.

"Of course Kimi may not believe it until it is mathematically impossible to win the championship, but the team's interest means Kimi is probably the second driver," Salo added.

However, Salo said that de-facto number 2 status does not mean Raikkonen will be the subject of draconian 'team orders'.

"That sort of thing cannot happen anymore, although it may be a bit worse than a pit strategy or something else.

"We haven't seen it yet, but I bet we will if Vettel continues to lead and Kimi happens to be faster somewhere. There may be the need to change places," he added

source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36575.html

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    you may be right....

Raikkonen basically Ferrari no.2 says Salo - - - June 2, 2017

Kimi Raikkonen is "basically" already the number 2 driver at Ferrari for 2017.

That is the view of the Finn's countryman Mika Salo.

His comments follow Monaco, where a controversial pit strategy saw Raikkonen lose the lead and the subsequent race win to teammate and championship leader Sebastian Vettel.

"Vettel has a good chance of winning the world championship," Salo said.

"He's doing a very good job against Hamilton. Kimi is already quite a lot of points behind, so basically he's the second driver in everyone's eyes," said the former F1 driver.

"Of course Kimi may not believe it until it is mathematically impossible to win the championship, but the team's interest means Kimi is probably the second driver," Salo added.

However, Salo said that de-facto number 2 status does not mean Raikkonen will be the subject of draconian 'team orders'.

"That sort of thing cannot happen anymore, although it may be a bit worse than a pit strategy or something else.

"We haven't seen it yet, but I bet we will if Vettel continues to lead and Kimi happens to be faster somewhere. There may be the need to change places," he added

source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36575.html
    Stunning news!!
    I think Kimi knows all this a long time ago. I just don't think you'll ever get ANY de facto #2 driver to say he isn't trying to win races. A bit like asking a driver in a back marker team car "why do you even bother to suit up & race when you know the odds are slim you'll even get a sniff of a points position finish... all season.

And these are questions that reporters don't really need to ask.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Kimi needs to be on pole! Problem solved. Come race day, sooo much harder to hide "Who's on 1st " team wise.