Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    The problem is he wasn't in races.

In 2016 in the last 10 races, It was Vettel 8-2 in races. The two races Kimi finished in front was Malaysia where Vettel DNFed in the first corner and Singapore where Vettel started from back of the pack.

Considering Verstappen is showing up Daniel this year and his age, I think the target should be him.
    Verstappen showing up Ricciardo? Well he's clearly not is he... 4 podiums in a row to 4 DNFs in 6 races from
    A hot headed 19 year old, Ricciardo may not have he qualifying pace but he's got a sensible head in the race unlike Verstappen

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Verstappen showing up Ricciardo? Well he's clearly not is he... 4 podiums in a row to 4 DNFs in 6 races from
    A hot headed 19 year old, Ricciardo may not have he qualifying pace but he's got a sensible head in the race unlike Verstappen
    With regards to Verstappen, I would'nt say all those DNF's are his fault are they??? Ricci has had issues with his car has'nt he?? Are you attributing the DNF's(mechanical failure) to their race-craft??

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    That would have been a correct assessment if Verstappen's DNFs were result of his driving but if I am not mistaken all of them were car problems and happened when he was in front of his teammate.

That would have been a correct assessment if Verstappen's DNFs were result of his driving but if I am not mistaken all of them were car problems and happened when he was in front of his teammate.
    +1000

Massa's name could be put here in place of Verstappen.

No...don't need his disharmony in the team again and he's not a good qualifier by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    No...don't need his disharmony in the team again and he's not a good qualifier by any means.

Alonso not a good qualifier?, I suggest you check his stats against all his teammates, qualy is not his forte but he is as good as any, now that you are on it, check his starts too!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Alonso not a good qualifier?, I suggest you check his stats against all his teammates, qualy is not his forte but he is as good as any, now that you are on it, check his starts too!.
    His race starts almost in teams which he had raced before are excellent. It's one of the strength of Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    His race starts almost in teams which he had raced before are excellent. It's one of the strength of Alonso.
    Some people say his ability to drive around problems is the reason ferrari couldn't develop the car, while Kimi on the other hand is so persistent and his continuous nagging to fix issues has helped build a competitive car.

No doubt Alonso is one of the best, but while he builds the team around him, the second garage always gets neglected. That's one thing changed after he left. Even Kimi said now the team works as one. It is clearly evident considering how quick the guys repaired Kimi's car in Baku, not sure even merc could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Some people say his ability to drive around problems is the reason ferrari couldn't develop the car, while Kimi on the other hand is so persistent and his continuous nagging to fix issues has helped build a competitive car.

No doubt Alonso is one of the best, but while he builds the team around him, the second garage always gets neglected. That's one thing changed after he left. Even Kimi said now the team works as one. It is clearly evident considering how quick the guys repaired Kimi's car in Baku, not sure even merc could pull it off.
    Alonso is arguably one of the best...for 2 hours on Sunday when his car is good. He is lackluster everywhere else, breeds discontent in every team he is a part of, and the last time he sniffed a title he was being outqualified in the last two races of the season by Force Indias and Williams when his supposedly slower teammate outqualifed both of those teams.

As far as F1 Champions are concerned his titles are up there in the "luck" and "good fortune" department alongside those of Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button, and I would rate Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, and Nico Rosberg as more complete F1 Champions than Fernando Alonso.

Alonso is arguably one of the best...for 2 hours on Sunday when his car is good. He is lackluster everywhere else, breeds discontent in every team he is a part of, and the last time he sniffed a title he was being outqualified in the last two races of the season by Force Indias and Williams when his supposedly slower teammate outqualifed both of those teams.

As far as F1 Champions are concerned his titles are up there in the "luck" and "good fortune" department alongside those of Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button, and I would rate Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, and Nico Rosberg as more complete F1 Champions than Fernando Alonso.
    Good joke !

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Stick to nascar.

Some Italian mag reporting we have a "Verbal agreement" with Ricciardo should Vettel leave ??

Disappointed Since 2010

I want whatever you are smoking!
    Silently, like a shadow

Alot hatredness behind this post

Besides being the best for 2hrs. on Sunday, lackluster and all, Alonso beat Shumy 2005, 2006!!!! You are right saying luck and good fortune [ and throw in Todt on his radio] must also be with any Fi driver if he's to WDC !

That would make a very strong driver pairing at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    That would make a very strong driver pairing at Ferrari.
    The source, Diario Gol, is below trash, they made up stories for click for every sport. It may or may not be true that Ferrari contacted Alonso (or the other way around) but this guys have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    The source, Diario Gol, is below trash, they made up stories for click for every sport. It may or may not be true that Ferrari contacted Alonso (or the other way around) but this guys have no clue.
    I believe that Flavio & co contacted Ferrari for Alonso return. But not the other way around.
    Let's c, if it happens. Then we can relax as WCC title would be Ferrari 100% without doubt. But question would around WDC title

With Alonso's 0.6 seconds there would not be so much pressure in development program, yes?

I imagine Alonso and Ferrari will have talked no doubt about that. Personally would love to have him back, give him a winning car and watch him destroy Lewis
    Forza Ferrari

Alonso is part of the kimi/button/massa generation. I think it's time to move on and look for someone younger.

Alonso is an F1 star, would love to have him back

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

http://www.thebestf1.es/fernando-alo...e-maravillosa/
    Banco Santander is trying hard on Alonso to return for Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I imagine Alonso and Ferrari will have talked no doubt about that. Personally would love to have him back, give him a winning car and watch him destroy Lewis

This i would enjoy too..............Then again, what are the the odds that Vettel and Alo would get on with each other.........Both are very determined and head strong drivers...........Could land up in tears too
    Drive it like you stole it!

In my opinion, Fernando Alonso should not be allowed anywhere near Ferrari.

I remember Alonso's conduct during his last few seasons at Ferrari. Apparently, the reason we re-signed Kimi Raikonnen was because Alonso threatened to leave (again) if he didn't get what he wanted and the team had to look for a Plan B.

Alonso is not good for team morale, he comes into a team like Ferrari, creates his close inner circle of people, shuts everyone else out and creates his own team within a team (Stella, his brother in law, the other guy who all followed him to McLaren), which is not good for team environment. This is basically what has been said about his time at Ferrari having read article after article and listening to the likes of Kimi Raikonnen talk about working with him in the same team etc etc.

When he left our team, he threw us under the bus and basically said we were no good and not capable of winning titles or competing, he said the only way to compete with Mercedes was to be in McLaren, that's what he said. He took Andrea Stella and some other key personnel with him who had been with the team for years and dragged them into that McLaren cesspit with him.

His supporters turned on our team, telling us how rubbish we were, how we "failed" Alonso (no driver is owed a good car, no matter what anyone thinks) and constantly telling stories about Alonso being the only good thing at Ferrari and how Ferrari was going to return to the "spaghetti culture" of the 70's and 80's.

As soon as Alonso left, we started becoming competitive again, simple as that, we have a team, not teams within our team and we don't need the politics and constant game playing that Fernando Alonso brings to teams.

As a driver, yes, I rate him top 3, possibly even number 1 (Alonso, Verstappen, Hamilton) overall, but given the right car Seb Vettel is a proven race winner and Kimi Raikonnen is a loyal and solid team player.

Alonso trying to come back to Ferrari is a bit like your wife leaving you for another man, then finding out the grass is not greener, then trying to worm her way back in with you, that's how I feel about it.

He publically refuses to admit he made a mistake leaving Ferrari and yet behind the scenes his manager is trying to once again, force him into a team because he is owed a great car apparently.

I believe Kimi Raikonnnen will almost certainly extend his Ferrari contract, he says he already knows what he is doing next year, I believe when Kimi is ready to go, Ferrari should and will sign Max Verstappen, who is the closest thing I have seen to Michael Schumacher since the man himself.

Closest thing to Schumy?? Imagine " Max, move over , let Seb pass!!! " Just like Schumy had to do for rubens!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post
    In my opinion, Fernando Alonso should not be allowed anywhere near Ferrari.

I remember Alonso's conduct during his last few seasons at Ferrari. Apparently, the reason we re-signed Kimi Raikonnen was because Alonso threatened to leave (again) if he didn't get what he wanted and the team had to look for a Plan B.

Alonso is not good for team morale, he comes into a team like Ferrari, creates his close inner circle of people, shuts everyone else out and creates his own team within a team (Stella, his brother in law, the other guy who all followed him to McLaren), which is not good for team environment. This is basically what has been said about his time at Ferrari having read article after article and listening to the likes of Kimi Raikonnen talk about working with him in the same team etc etc.

When he left our team, he threw us under the bus and basically said we were no good and not capable of winning titles or competing, he said the only way to compete with Mercedes was to be in McLaren, that's what he said. He took Andrea Stella and some other key personnel with him who had been with the team for years and dragged them into that McLaren cesspit with him.

His supporters turned on our team, telling us how rubbish we were, how we "failed" Alonso (no driver is owed a good car, no matter what anyone thinks) and constantly telling stories about Alonso being the only good thing at Ferrari and how Ferrari was going to return to the "spaghetti culture" of the 70's and 80's.

As soon as Alonso left, we started becoming competitive again, simple as that, we have a team, not teams within our team and we don't need the politics and constant game playing that Fernando Alonso brings to teams.

As a driver, yes, I rate him top 3, possibly even number 1 (Alonso, Verstappen, Hamilton) overall, but given the right car Seb Vettel is a proven race winner and Kimi Raikonnen is a loyal and solid team player.

Alonso trying to come back to Ferrari is a bit like your wife leaving you for another man, then finding out the grass is not greener, then trying to worm her way back in with you, that's how I feel about it.

He publically refuses to admit he made a mistake leaving Ferrari and yet behind the scenes his manager is trying to once again, force him into a team because he is owed a great car apparently.

I believe Kimi Raikonnnen will almost certainly extend his Ferrari contract, he says he already knows what he is doing next year, I believe when Kimi is ready to go, Ferrari should and will sign Max Verstappen, who is the closest thing I have seen to Michael Schumacher since the man himself.
    I take your points where few of them are valid others not.

1. Ferrari supported Alonso till the end, in the same away Alonso delivered expected & unexpected results to Ferrari.

2. I agree Alonso wants everything from his team, to work around him. Now tell me, schumi days. Team was built around him, he delivered outstanding results with good racing skills n support from team team-mate where they worked around him. Same thing goes to vettel RB days, team was with him n was working around him that's y he's 4 time WDC. Again same thing goes to hamster McLaren & mercs days.
    So my point is best driver in your team will get best support from team so that he can deliver them best results.

3. I agree to your point that Alonso left Ferrari n did criticize them that they were not able to win championship in the coming years. But at the same time why don't you realise that he said he had golden years at Ferrari too. That he was happy for racing Ferrari.

4. I remind one thing that, he had problem with newly recruited manager Marco mattiacci at that period. The way he handled Alonso contract negotiations was not good. Even montezmolo stated it. So he finally decided to relieve Alonso. At same time whole Ferrari management has been reshuffled. This led to lot of speculations & criticizing.

I'm not saying Alonso should be considered. But he's the best in the current driver market who's at end of his contract.