Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I take your points where few of them are valid others not.

1. Ferrari supported Alonso till the end, in the same away Alonso delivered expected & unexpected results to Ferrari.

2. I agree Alonso wants everything from his team, to work around him. Now tell me, schumi days. Team was built around him, he delivered outstanding results with good racing skills n support from team team-mate where they worked around him. Same thing goes to vettel RB days, team was with him n was working around him that's y he's 4 time WDC. Again same thing goes to hamster McLaren & mercs days.
    So my point is best driver in your team will get best support from team so that he can deliver them best results.

3. I agree to your point that Alonso left Ferrari n did criticize them that they were not able to win championship in the coming years. But at the same time why don't you realise that he said he had golden years at Ferrari too. That he was happy for racing Ferrari.

4. I remind one thing that, he had problem with newly recruited manager Marco mattiacci at that period. The way he handled Alonso contract negotiations was not good. Even montezmolo stated it. So he finally decided to relieve Alonso. At same time whole Ferrari management has been reshuffled. This led to lot of speculations & criticizing.

I'm not saying Alonso should be considered. But he's the best in the current driver market who's at end of his contract.

Fernando Alonso has always used Ferrari as a plan B throughout his career, all you need to do is look at his own words and actions.

- He accused the FIA of favouring Ferrari and accused them of trying to hand the championship to them when he drove for Renault.

- Upon leaving Renault he said he wishes everyone luck apart from those in the red team.

- Then joins McLaren, proceeds to engage in a plot to steal Ferrari IP and use it for his own gain.

- Messes up at McLaren because his intra-team politics game failed, has no top team to go to, had to seek refuge at Renault.

- Now with Ferrari being his only chance at a title, his attitude changes.

- Drives for Ferrari, claims he "loves" the team, spends the next few year holding the team to ransom, threatening to leave, getting involved in company politics way above his station.

- Decides McLaren is his real dream, signs for McLaren, turns up with Ron Dennis and says McLaren is always the team his heart was with.

- Says Ferrari are incompetent when it comes to challenging for championship and only McLaren can fight Mercedes.

- Takes Key Personnel away from Ferrari to McLaren.

- Once again, he makes another terrible career decision, and is left without a top drive, Mercedes don't want to deal with him because they know about his politics.

- Now once again, without a drive, he's pro Ferrari again.

That's the bottom line about Fernando Alonso. I'm very surprised people are still being fooled by this man, it's the same story every time he joins a team since 2006, chaos, politics, tantrums, demands and no championships.

To be fair he did say he would end his career at Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post

- Then joins McLaren, proceeds to engage in a plot to steal Ferrari IP and use it for his own gain.

-
    rewriting story, eh?.

Alonso would fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Yep and then Ran off to McLaren after threatening to leave us, Asking Luca to release him from his contract and making numerous demands re money and release clauses to stay on.

For years in Ferrari, we had a problem with a culture of fear in the teams, people scared to try new things for fear of losing their jobs/being thrown under the bus. We chucked away "problems" like Aldo Costa who jumped straight into rival teams and performed very well once they got away from our culture of fear.

Seb and Kimi work well as a team, Ferrari is united team, no cliques, no culture of fear, no teams within teams, no drivers colluding with the sporting director....and I think we are much better for it.

The day Alonso left, we became better and better.

There is a reason Mercedes will not touch him, they know what he's about and they just are not interested in that, he's no good for team morale imo.

Alonso is a superb driver, and in 2005-2006 our great enemy. He back with vettel with means a super powered Ferrari

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Fernando Alonso has always used Ferrari as a plan B throughout his career, all you need to do is look at his own words and actions.

- He accused the FIA of favouring Ferrari and accused them of trying to hand the championship to them when he drove for Renault.

- Upon leaving Renault he said he wishes everyone luck apart from those in the red team.

- Messes up at McLaren because his intra-team politics game failed, has no top team to go to, had to seek refuge at Renault.

- Now with Ferrari being his only chance at a title, his attitude changes.

- Drives for Ferrari, claims he "loves" the team, spends the next few year holding the team to ransom, threatening to leave, getting involved in company politics way above his station.

- Decides McLaren is his real dream, signs for McLaren, turns up with Ron Dennis and says McLaren is always the team his heart was with.

- Says Ferrari are incompetent when it comes to challenging for championship and only McLaren can fight Mercedes.

- Takes Key Personnel away from Ferrari to McLaren.

- Once again, he makes another terrible career decision, and is left without a top drive, Mercedes don't want to deal with him because they know about his politics.

- Now once again, without a drive, he's pro Ferrari again.

That's the bottom line about Fernando Alonso. I'm very surprised people are still being fooled by this man, it's the same story every time he joins a team since 2006, chaos, politics, tantrums, demands and no championships.
    Hmm nothing to be surprised by comments.
    Wanna let you know few things

1. Intra team politics will be there in any team. RB days, mercs days, McLaren days etc

2. In 2007 jean todt thought to bring Alonso into Ferrari which Alonso rejected the offer because there were some races in 2006 which he felt FIA was partial to Ferrari. I think you remember it. Everybody has their own opinion.
    If he would have stayed with same opinion then why did he join us in 2010??? N raced till 2014

3. He joined McLaren in two grounds
    I)he would be given preferential treatment which he didn't get when Lewis was in the team. Dennis was bias towards Lewis in that period, everybody knows it.
    ii) Honda engine, which is different engine manufactuer.
    Don't you remember when n why button the 2009 championship. He too took same chance. Which didn't paid off.

4. Coming to members taking with him. In every team this happens. Didn't you see massa taking Rob smelly n few others with him?? Hamilton n his team members? Vet n his crew to Ferrari??? In every team such things happen.

5. Mercs not touching Alonso because, they have Hamilton who doesn't like Alonso. Hamster need everything from his team to support him only not other drivers. Simple Example 2016 Nico vs Hamilton. Current year bottas is playing sheild to ham.

Anyways I'm not here to change one's opinion.
    But one thing i can say, we here fans thoroughly enjoyed his racing skills n results at Ferrari. Racing for Ferrari is dream for everyone except that two chained guy.

1. Intra team politics will be there in any team. RB days, mercs days, McLaren days etc

2. In 2007 jean todt thought to bring Alonso into Ferrari which Alonso rejected the offer because there were some races in 2006 which he felt FIA was partial to Ferrari. I think you remember it. Everybody has their own opinion.
    If he would have stayed with same opinion then why did he join us in 2010??? N raced till 2014

I)he would be given preferential treatment which he didn't get when Lewis was in the team. Dennis was bias towards Lewis in that period, everybody knows it.
    Don't you remember when n why button the 2009 championship. He too took same chance. Which didn't paid off.

4. Coming to members taking with him. In every team this happens. Didn't you see massa taking Rob smelly n few others with him?? Hamilton n his team members? Vet n his crew to Ferrari??? In every team such things happen.

5. Mercs not touching Alonso because, they have Hamilton who doesn't like Alonso. Hamster need everything from his team to support him only not other drivers. Simple Example 2016 Nico vs Hamilton. Current year bottas is playing sheild to ham.

But one thing i can say, we here fans thoroughly enjoyed his racing skills n results at Ferrari. Racing for Ferrari is dream for everyone except that two chained guy.
    Lol who's this two chained guy?? sounds like a Fool

Alonso is more than simple "Intra Team Politics".

His team boss had drivers causing crashes out on the race track in order to gift him wins, PS, that pretty much cost us the WDC to Hamilton in 2008.

Alonso isn't coming back to Ferrari in my opinion, so I am not worried about that, the team has moved on and team morale and result improved the day he left.

I am just surprised at how many people cannot see what the other teams see:

Fernando Alonso is a top driver, but he is divisive, bad for team morale, makes terrible career choices based on emotion and not logic and if things are not done as he likes them he begins to threaten people, blackmail people, sneak off to do deals with other teams in hotel rooms (like he did with ron dennis).

Red Bull made it perfectly clear, he's no good for the team they would never sign him.

Mercedes have made it clear, he's no good for the team morale, they won't sign him.

He has nowhere to go and is out of options. Simple as that really, anyone thinking he "loves" Ferrari is just fooling themselves in my opinion. But more power to you all.

Regardless, I have no doubt Ferrari will be keep Kimi, and if they let Kimi go they almost certainly would refuse to sign Alonso because they don't want that drama. Let's see what happens.

I believe Kimi is 90% for next season, he's a loyal driver, never whines and moans, good for team morale, no threats, just does his job.

His team boss had drivers causing crashes out on the race track in order to gift him wins, PS, that pretty much cost us the WDC to Hamilton in 2008.

Alonso isn't coming back to Ferrari in my opinion, so I am not worried about that, the team has moved on and team morale and result improved the day he left.

Fernando Alonso is a top driver, but he is divisive, bad for team morale, makes terrible career choices based on emotion and not logic and if things are not done as he likes them he begins to threaten people, blackmail people, sneak off to do deals with other teams in hotel rooms (like he did with ron dennis).

Red Bull made it perfectly clear, he's no good for the team they would never sign him.

Mercedes have made it clear, he's no good for the team morale, they won't sign him.

He has nowhere to go and is out of options. Simple as that really, anyone thinking he "loves" Ferrari is just fooling themselves in my opinion. But more power to you all.

Regardless, I have no doubt Ferrari will be keep Kimi, and if they let Kimi go they almost certainly would refuse to sign Alonso because they don't want that drama. Let's see what happens.

I believe Kimi is 90% for next season, he's a loyal driver, never whines and moans, good for team morale, no threats, just does his job.
    I reeally hope Ric comes to Ferrari, i feel Max isn't a team player just yet and Kimi has had badluck ontop of not driving fast enough.

Yep and then Ran off to McLaren after threatening to leave us, Asking Luca to release him from his contract and making numerous demands re money and release clauses to stay on.

For years in Ferrari, we had a problem with a culture of fear in the teams, people scared to try new things for fear of losing their jobs/being thrown under the bus. We chucked away "problems" like Aldo Costa who jumped straight into rival teams and performed very well once they got away from our culture of fear.

Seb and Kimi work well as a team, Ferrari is united team, no cliques, no culture of fear, no teams within teams, no drivers colluding with the sporting director....and I think we are much better for it.

The day Alonso left, we became better and better.

There is a reason Mercedes will not touch him, they know what he's about and they just are not interested in that, he's no good for team morale imo.
    Ran off to McLaren . Good scripted story.
    There were contract negotiations when he came to end of his contract. Which Marco mattiacci didn't handled it well. Everybody knows it.
    He never threatened publicly that he would leave to McLaren. I think you are showing the things in wrong way.
    Renault is eager to take him, but Fernando asking championship car which Renault said can't produce it right away.
    Mercs not touching him because of Lewis. Not that they don't like Alonso.
    Every team in the grid rates Alonso as top driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I reeally hope Ric comes to Ferrari, i feel Max isn't a team player just yet and Kimi has had badluck ontop of not driving fast enough.
    Ferrari won't sign Alonso that much I can tell you, Briatore is just trying a last desperate attempt to get him a drive now that McLaren are in disarray, just like he tried desperately with Mercedes, who are not just not interested in Alonso, same as red bull.

I would love to have either Riccardo or Verstappen. Both young drivers who could win 3/4 championships in the right car.

Personally, Max is annoying as a person, but as a driver, he honestly reminds me of the Michael Schumacher I used to watch between 1995-1998, just absolutely and utterly unrelenting and even in sub par machinery, if he has even a sniff of the podium he will be there are thereabouts, his racecraft and ruthless defensive driving reminds me Michael too.

Just my opinion.

I would happily take either one though.

Ferrari won't sign Alonso that much I can tell you, Briatore is just trying a last desperate attempt to get him a drive now that McLaren are in disarray, just like he tried desperately with Mercedes, who are not just not interested in Alonso, same as red bull.

I would love to have either Riccardo or Verstappen. Both young drivers who could win 3/4 championships in the right car.

Personally, Max is annoying as a person, but as a driver, he honestly reminds me of the Michael Schumacher I used to watch between 1995-1998, just absolutely and utterly unrelenting and even in sub par machinery, if he has even a sniff of the podium he will be there are thereabouts, his racecraft and ruthless defensive driving reminds me Michael too.

Just my opinion.

I would happily take either one though.
    I think Max needs maybe 1 more year of experience , Would he be willing to defend for his teammate ahead etc if the time comes for it at the risk of his own position. But yeah Max and Ric either would be good, Ricciardo just seems like such a positive guy and has been consistent this year. I think thats why im hoping he joins

Massa was loyal driver to Ferrari, Rubens was loyal driver to Ferrari. What happened then???
    Loyalty doesn't deserve you seat for long. It's the performance which counts. That's why massa was shown the way. I'm thinking the same with kimi if he doesn't show good results from here on. They have invested in him a lot.
    They hired him back. See the results of kimi.
    2014,15,16 n current year.
    I have respect for him because he's last WDC for Ferrari.
    But it's time to move on.

Other things which you discussed, RB not considering him. RB never considers top driver, they go fresh talent n find them n give them a seat n then they will be proved.
    This is RB structures.
    Coming to mercs as I told earlier, they prefer ham over Alonso.
    Coming to ferrari, they always consider proven drivers. Top notch.

I think Max needs maybe 1 more year of experience , Would he be willing to defend for his teammate ahead etc if the time comes for it at the risk of his own position. But yeah Max and Ric either would be good, Ricciardo just seems like such a positive guy and has been consistent this year. I think thats why im hoping he joins
    Max will be taken by Ferrari on 2 circumstances
    1. Vet current contract or renewal period. If vet doesn't extend his contract they would consider max or Daniel ricciardo
    2. If kimi leaves, then max or Daniel.

For me best scenario is max needs couple of years to join Ferrari. He needs to settle n show enough maturity on track.

Massa was loyal driver to Ferrari, Rubens was loyal driver to Ferrari. What happened then???
    Loyalty doesn't deserve you seat for long. It's the performance which counts. That's why massa was shown the way. I'm thinking the same with kimi if he doesn't show good results from here on. They have invested in him a lot.
    They hired him back. See the results of kimi.
    2014,15,16 n current year.
    I have respect for him because he's last WDC for Ferrari.
    But it's time to move on.

Other things which you discussed, RB not considering him. RB never considers top driver, they go fresh talent n find them n give them a seat n then they will be proved.
    This is RB structures.
    Coming to mercs as I told earlier, they prefer ham over Alonso.
    Coming to ferrari, they always consider proven drivers. Top notch.
    I hear what you are saying but just a few points.

- Red Bull would rather bring in Daniel Kyvat from Torro Rosso.....then have Fernando Alonso driving for them, part of that is policy perhaps, but let's be honest, red bull (Christian Horner) has made it clear so many times they don't believe Alonso is good for the team harmony, they don't want to be blackmailed and threatened lol.

- Kimi Raikonnen was re-signed by Ferrari because Alonso told the team he wanted out, he later on decided to stay on, that's what I read. But Alonso has himself said, he wanted to leave Ferrari for a while before he actually left, i.e BEFORE mattiachi.

- Alonso was basically sold a lie by Ron Dennis, it's that simple, Ron told him stories about the Honda engine, Fernando Believed them, signed for him thinking the grass was greener, the move was a disaster (another terrible career move) and now he has no options left.

- Yes he is proven driver, but if Kimi goes, what we need is a good backup driver not someone who is going de-stabilize the team, if the car is super fast Vettel will win races, we have a race winner, what we now need if Kimi leave is a solid number 2, like a grosjean who is very quick on his day and I think would do a very good job for us....OR we have to sign a once in a generation talent like Verstappen as soon as we can. Trust me, if we let Verstappen end up at another top team and have to drive against him for the next 5-10 years, that would be a big mistake.

Just my opinion.

Max will be taken by Ferrari on 2 circumstances
    1. Vet current contract or renewal period. If vet doesn't extend his contract they would consider max or Daniel ricciardo
    2. If kimi leaves, then max or Daniel.

For me best scenario is max needs couple of years to join Ferrari. He needs to settle n show enough maturity on track.
    100%

What do you guys think about SAinz? how was he compared to Max at TR? he said he open to a better team if RB seat isnt available

What do you guys think about SAinz? how was he compared to Max at TR? he said he open to a better team if RB seat isnt available
    I rated him very high in current generation till last year.
    This year, he's been pretty inconsistent n making mistakes alot.

He whines way too much, nothing is ever his fault. I wouldn't want him in Ferrari. Same goes for Grosjean.

As far as I remember, they split the qualies but Vestappen was much better in races. Even more impressive was that it was his first year and he was 17 years old .

Verstappen caused too many incidents last year, so far he caused one in Canada which hurt Vettel. But it is too early to judge whether he has improved in that aspect, Because he had so many DNFs which were early in the races, he did not complete many laps. He has improved compared to Ricciardo in quali compared to last year as well. It is moot point anyway. I think RBR will have the same lineup next year.
    Last edited by DelMar; 6th July 2017 at 14:47.

If Kimi is able to win some races in the remaining season, i wouldn't mind him staying but he hasn't shown any hunger on track and is out performed at every race so far. I would like fresher blood.

If Kimi is able to win some races in the remaining season, i wouldn't mind him staying but he hasn't shown any hunger on track and is out performed at every race so far. I would like fresher blood.
    If u need that much fresh then go for Lance stroll

Villeneuve might actually break

Villeneuve might actually break
    Gerhard Berger's nephew(22) is to make his F1 debut testing for Force India. His name is Lucas Auer.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post

Disappointed Since 2010

Red bull drivers locked in? Never know my guess it will be ferrari kimi will be replaced a vet alonso combo is a tasty powerful combination great power drivers that fight to the end ferrari need this to maximise points at all fi races the vet alonso combo will make the grid very nervous because two real warriors are around you just my thoughts.

I prefer Carlos Sainz OR Esteban Ocon

Get Ricciardo!!!!

A Ferrari driver can't be both a WDC contender and a "loyal " to the team driver. If your "Loyal" you move over and let him pass, and probably get the lesser car. Which of the top contenders will sign a Loyal contract, knowing they are not in the #1 seat, even if the pay is good?