Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A Ferrari driver can't be both a WDC contender and a "loyal " to the team driver. If your "Loyal" you move over and let him pass, and probably get the lesser car. Which of the top contenders will sign a Loyal contract, knowing they are not in the #1 seat, even if the pay is good?
    100% correct

What about Robert Kubica? He clearly wants a seat, and I think he's planning to do another test run maybe in a 2017 car (I think I read that somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by CurdaNeta View Post
    What about Robert Kubica? He clearly wants a seat, and I think he's planning to do another test run maybe in a 2017 car (I think I read that somewhere)
    yup, his second test will be more challenging.

If we bring back the old, Alonso! If we bring in the new, Antonio G our #3 driver!

If Kimi stays as a test driver or something that would be nice but his pace isn't very competitive

Quote Originally Posted by CurdaNeta View Post
    Nothing i have read has said what car it will be. If 2017 will be used it will be during the off season. The test will take place at Paul Ricard, to see how Robert does at Grand Prix distances.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

F1 - Did Verstappen sign at Ferrari?

Daniel Ricciardo launched a "no comment" scoring at Spielberg in front of a very insistent rumor: Max Verstappen would have signed an agreement to join Ferrari in 2018.

A driver, who wanted to remain anonymous, even claims that Red Bull did not want to run the Dutch this weekend.

"Max was not supposed to come here because he signed with Ferrari, but he's finally there," said the driver in Marca.

Is it Carlos Sainz who has given this little secret to the press of his country? Sainz said yesterday that he would probably not drive a fourth year for Toro Rosso. There is no smoke without fire in F1 ...

But Ricciardo, the crewman of Verstappen, was questioned on this subject and he did not want to comment.

This signature would occur while the Dutchman would be frustrated by his recurring technical problems at Red Bull.

"Yes, Max is frustrated, he beat me in the last 4 qualifications, but in racing it's not working anymore, maybe he's driving too fast and the engine can not take it," Ricciardo said ironically.

"No, I do not think we can attribute these problems to Max, it's not his fault, he's very fast, we push each other but I make too many errors on my fast laps These days. It's up to me to avoid them or to do less. "

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/V...ri,118362.html (TRANSLATED)

fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Daniel Ricciardo launched a "no comment" scoring at Spielberg in front of a very insistent rumor: Max Verstappen would have signed an agreement to join Ferrari in 2018.

A driver, who wanted to remain anonymous, even claims that Red Bull did not want to run the Dutch this weekend.

"Max was not supposed to come here because he signed with Ferrari, but he's finally there," said the driver in Marca.

Is it Carlos Sainz who has given this little secret to the press of his country? Sainz said yesterday that he would probably not drive a fourth year for Toro Rosso. There is no smoke without fire in F1 ...

But Ricciardo, the crewman of Verstappen, was questioned on this subject and he did not want to comment.

This signature would occur while the Dutchman would be frustrated by his recurring technical problems at Red Bull.

"Yes, Max is frustrated, he beat me in the last 4 qualifications, but in racing it's not working anymore, maybe he's driving too fast and the engine can not take it," Ricciardo said ironically.

"No, I do not think we can attribute these problems to Max, it's not his fault, he's very fast, we push each other but I make too many errors on my fast laps These days. It's up to me to avoid them or to do less. "

fingers crossed
    It's too early for him to shift or Ferrari to consider him.
    Hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It's too early for him to shift or Ferrari to consider him.
    Hope he proves me wrong.
    This goes against Ferrari's protocol but if its true, they see something in him. If I was Max I would go someplace else that pays more because Redbull does'nt.

fingers crossed
    i wish verstappen luck trying to get out that watertight contract

This goes against Ferrari's protocol but if its true, they see something in him. If I was Max I would go someplace else that pays more because Redbull does'nt.
    I think Ferrari doesn't pay him more becoz already they will pay to RB hefty amount to break his contract. Also he's young driver. Where he's looking for championship title.
    Rather than more money at this age to earn more reputation.

Yeah as you said 1st time Ferrari is going against its policy. Let see how it turns out to be.

I hope this is true and we get Max, then WCC is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I hope this is true and we get Max, then WCC is possible.
    yup....we just need to work on our reliability issues i.e. turbochargers.

Food for thought: now that we won't be using the "oil-burning" technique how long will our turbo's last going forward IF there is a correlation?

Apparent Verstappen's move to Ferrari is talked to be in 2019 not next year. I don't know what's going to happen but I really like Kimi and would be sad to see him retire which probably will happen if he isn't retained by Ferrari. The pace deficit is clear though. My question is will Perez/Sainz/Grosjean be quicker or is it because of Vettel's (and earlier Alonso's) greatness? Kimi can bring much needed stability and calmness and avoids the kind of silly mistakes Perez and Sainz make every few races. And he's a team player, something not really evident in Perez's performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Apparent Verstappen's move to Ferrari is talked to be in 2019 not next year. I don't know what's going to happen but I really like Kimi and would be sad to see him retire which probably will happen if he isn't retained by Ferrari. The pace deficit is clear though. My question is will Perez/Sainz/Grosjean be quicker or is it because of Vettel's (and earlier Alonso's) greatness? Kimi can bring much needed stability and calmness and avoids the kind of silly mistakes Perez and Sainz make every few races. And he's a team player, something not really evident in Perez's performances.
    Nobody brings calmness n stability into team like Kimi. I agree with that.
    But now we need to look ahead n think of titles. WCC is prestigious for Ferrari than WDC as it will into drivers account.
    Both Vettel n Alonso rattled Kimi interms of performance.
    Only in 2016 that too 2nd half of season Kimi came alive n was outscoring Vettel. Other than that I didn't see any astonishing performances in his return to Ferrari.

Off late the above said drivers (Grosjean, Perez, Sainz) have been whinning alot on radio. I think they are showing to top teams that they are unhappy in their current teams.
    From the above drivers I would pick Perez anyday. He's consistent, adaptable to tyre changes, aggressive moves, good defending skills. About team player I doubt it.

If Alonso comes to Ferrari or Mercedes while Vettel and Hamilton is still there, it would be one of the most interesting seasons ever. It could be an epic season.

Imagine Alonso/Hamilton at Merc and Max/Vettel at Ferrari. And what if Alonso and Max would win out?

If Alonso does come back to Ferrari, I think he will beat Vettel, but I am not sure if Alonso will outclass Vettel as much as would be required to beat the one show Hamilton in Mercedes. Its something Ferrari needs to carefully think about. It could be a repeat of 2007 Hamilton/Alonso if Vettel can match Alonso.

Briatore claims Alonso only had a problem with Marco Mattiaci at Ferrari. Still Alonso labeled his time at Ferrari has a "very very sad time" and declaring he should have left quicker. So, would the Ferrari family welcome him back?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Nobody brings calmness n stability into team like Kimi. I agree with that.
    Off late the above said drivers (Grosjean, Perez, Sainz) have been whinning alot on radio. I think they are showing to top teams that they are unhappy in their current teams.
    From the above drivers I would pick Perez anyday. He's consistent, adaptable to tyre changes, aggressive moves, good defending skills. About team player I doubt it.
    I generally agree and it could have been good to see Perez promoted to really evaluate his talent. But I wouldn't be surprised if Perez is barely faster than Kimi (if at all) and causes headaches by arguing with the team a lot and throw points away on occasion, even though he calmed down in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I generally agree and it could have been good to see Perez promoted to really evaluate his talent. But I wouldn't be surprised if Perez is barely faster than Kimi (if at all) and causes headaches by arguing with the team a lot and throw points away on occasion, even though he calmed down in recent years.
    In the current scenario, given Kimi car to Perez.
    He will be faster than Kimi for sure.
    Remember Kimi is sensitive to tyre changes n set-up.
    Perez strength is adaptability to tyre changes. He can give you long stints when needed. I remember his risky moves on difficult tracks too just like mad max.
    I only doubt his team player skills, except that he's fine fit for kimi's place.

In the current scenario, given Kimi car to Perez.
    He will be faster than Kimi for sure.
    Remember Kimi is sensitive to tyre changes n set-up.
    Perez strength is adaptability to tyre changes. He can give you long stints when needed. I remember his risky moves on difficult tracks too just like mad max.
    I only doubt his team player skills, except that he's fine fit for kimi's place.
    Perez went to McLaren and was beaten easily by Button, we have seen him in a top car.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Perez went to McLaren and was beaten easily by Button, we have seen him in a top car.
    Perez was not proven. How did McLaren consider him so early, nobody knows. Even Ferrari said at that time, it's too early to consider him.
    From then he shown his skills on track. He's pretty consistent driver on the current grid.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner is not particularly happy with Carlos Sainz putting himself in the shop window for the 2018 season.

Sainz revealed to the press on Thursday that it was “unlikely” he would remain at Toro Rosso for a fourth year, with rumours of a move to McLaren gathering pace.

However, following the conclusion of FP1 in Spielberg, Horner disclosed some contract details about the Spaniard.

“We’ve taken the option on Carlos Sainz and he will be in a Toro Rosso next year,” Horner said to Sky Sports F1.

“It makes no sense loaning him out. I don’t know where he thinks he’ll be next year.

“It’s a bit disingenuous saying stuff like that. Without Red Bull he wouldn’t be in Formula 1.”

Sainz’s ultimate aim is to be driving for Red Bull, but Horner also confirmed that the opportunity would not be there for him next season.

He added: “Our plans for next year is that our cars will have the same numbers on them next year. Both drivers will be with us 100 per cent.”

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Red Bull team boss Christian Horner is not particularly happy with Carlos Sainz putting himself in the shop window for the 2018 season.

Sainz revealed to the press on Thursday that it was “unlikely” he would remain at Toro Rosso for a fourth year, with rumours of a move to McLaren gathering pace.

However, following the conclusion of FP1 in Spielberg, Horner disclosed some contract details about the Spaniard.

“We’ve taken the option on Carlos Sainz and he will be in a Toro Rosso next year,” Horner said to Sky Sports F1.

“It makes no sense loaning him out. I don’t know where he thinks he’ll be next year.

“It’s a bit disingenuous saying stuff like that. Without Red Bull he wouldn’t be in Formula 1.”

Sainz’s ultimate aim is to be driving for Red Bull, but Horner also confirmed that the opportunity would not be there for him next season.

He added: “Our plans for next year is that our cars will have the same numbers on them next year. Both drivers will be with us 100 per cent.”
    Max or DR will move to Ferrari in 2019. Then Sainz will move to RB. Glasy will be in TR for Sainz replacement.

Red Bull rubbishes Verstappen to Ferrari rumours

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has denied suggestions that Max Verstappen is attempting to move to Ferrari in 2018.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...umours-928008/

Bottas would be a great replacement too tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A Ferrari driver can't be both a WDC contender and a "loyal " to the team driver. If your "Loyal" you move over and let him pass, and probably get the lesser car. Which of the top contenders will sign a Loyal contract, knowing they are not in the #1 seat, even if the pay is good?
    Felipe so hard done by Rubens so hard done by get over it. Didnt Kimi help Felipe 2008 in Brazil?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Bottas would be a great replacement too tbh

Red Bull rubbishes Verstappen to Ferrari rumours

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has denied suggestions that Max Verstappen is attempting to move to Ferrari in 2018.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...umours-928008/
    They rubbished for 2018 not for 2019

atleast if one driver has issues the other could take poles and victories for the team