Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Felipe so hard done by Rubens so hard done by get over it. Didnt Kimi help Felipe 2008 in Brazil?
    You left out Shumy so hard done by Nico after Ferrari and the midget's radio ! And yes! Kimi's the man, keep him for sure!

Bottas is the perfect number 2 driver. Mercedes would be crazy to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Bottas is the perfect number 2 driver. Mercedes would be crazy to let him go.
    Problem is not for mercs. It's for Hamilton, he's been outqualified by bottas 4 times already this year.
    If bottas gets into secured zone. Ham fears that he might challenge him for title within the team. So another Nico vs ham scenario.
    Ham who fears it.

I have been watching F1 since 1991. When kimi started racing for McLaren, i instantly took a liking to him because he was sooo fast and exciting to watch. He then joined ferrari and gave them a WDC. I have always been a big fan of kimi and still is today, but i also have to be realistic. Ever since his return, kimi has struggled for pace and has been extremely unlucky. I feel for him i really do. His nickname the iceman, because of his approach to life. He was one of the fastest drivers in f1 history, taking fastest lap after fastest lap. He really set the world of f1 alight with his driving style and passion, but unfortunately all good things come to and end. He is now a shadow of his former self and is really struggling to keep on pace with younger talent. All respect to you kimi, but i think it's time to consider retirement. You have done more than enough for the sport and you won a world champion for the greatest f1 team in history. You can not do anymore than you have done already. You are and will always remain one of my favourite drive's of all time and it was a pleasure watching you. The grid now consists of mostly younger guy's and at your age i know it's difficult for you to keep pace with them. You have been a true servant to the sport and think it's better now to retire so people can remember you for the good and not the bad. Good luck to you for the rest of the season, because i think you need some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    I have been watching F1 since 1991. When kimi started racing for McLaren, i instantly took a liking to him because he was sooo fast and exciting to watch. He then joined ferrari and gave them a WDC. I have always been a big fan of kimi and still is today, but i also have to be realistic. Ever since his return, kimi has struggled for pace and has been extremely unlucky. I feel for him i really do. His nickname the iceman, because of his approach to life. He was one of the fastest drivers in f1 history, taking fastest lap after fastest lap. He really set the world of f1 alight with his driving style and passion, but unfortunately all good things come to and end. He is now a shadow of his former self and is really struggling to keep on pace with younger talent. All respect to you kimi, but i think it's time to consider retirement. You have done more than enough for the sport and you won a world champion for the greatest f1 team in history. You can not do anymore than you have done already. You are and will always remain one of my favourite drive's of all time and it was a pleasure watching you. The grid now consists of mostly younger guy's and at your age i know it's difficult for you to keep pace with them. You have been a true servant to the sport and think it's better now to retire so people can remember you for the good and not the bad. Good luck to you for the rest of the season, because i think you need some luck.
    Perfectly said.

Verstappen for Kimi !!

It's easy to look past the positives that Kimi does bring. Last year he actually out qualified Vettel, that's impressive alone. He's had tremendous bad luck in the last couple seasons. But you'd be blind to see he underperforms way too often.

Kimi has a shot at pole today... and he'll drive it off the track and qualify 4th.

Kimi needs to hold up the guy behind him..... the very next straight and the guy is past.

Kimi needs a good start... and he'll fudge it or leave the door open and lose 1, 2, or 3 places.

Kimi's known for his race craft... and he'll flat out get out raced by the guy behind and lose the position.

Kimi, push push push!!!.... 1 fast lap and then a string of mediocre laps.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It's easy to look past the positives that Kimi does bring. Last year he actually out qualified Vettel, that's impressive alone. He's had tremendous bad luck in the last couple seasons. But you'd be blind to see he underperforms way too often.

Kimi has a shot at pole today... and he'll drive it off the track and qualify 4th.

Kimi needs to hold up the guy behind him..... the very next straight and the guy is past.

Kimi needs a good start... and he'll fudge it or leave the door open and lose 1, 2, or 3 places.

Kimi's known for his race craft... and he'll flat out get out raced by the guy behind and lose the position.

Kimi, push push push!!!.... 1 fast lap and then a string of mediocre laps.
    Harsh. With a faster guy Ferrari may bnot get the drivers title. Merc drivers 5 wins split 60/40. Ferrari 3 wins 100/0. Great for dtivers rubbish for constructors. Merc cannot favour 1 driver at the moment Ferrari can. Ferrari winning the drivers title would be awesome and a stepping stone to both titles but I say concentrate on the drivers title. Only thing Raikkonen needs to do is sometimes beat a Merc but for gods sake beat both RedBulls. If Ferrari had pitted him before Hamilton he would of had track position and a possible 3rd so a bit team and dtiver issue today.

So marchionne is not interested in Alonso. But is open to discussion with Kimi.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/07/...rstappen-deal/

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So marchionne is not interested in Alonso. But is open to discussion with Kimi.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/07/...rstappen-deal/
    Dont believe anything they say to the press.
    Alonso may not be on the cards, but am pretty sure we will lap up Max if he becomes available.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Dont believe anything they say to the press.
    Alonso may not be on the cards, but am pretty sure we will lap up Max if he becomes available.
    Max is locked to RB contract till 2019

The big boss has spoken kimi is good but ferrari need another fantastic i would say that his days are numbered it takes nothing away from his past he is a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Tch. Contracts in F1 are very flexible.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Tch. Contracts in F1 are very flexible.
    Max's contract has a performance clause i.e. if his car is not performing(mechanical issues) then he can exit out of the contract...so yes flexible.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Not a Kimi 'hater' nor a Kimi 'fan', but I think he should go at the end of the season, we need someone who can attack the Mercs and Kimi doesnt seem to be able to.

Personally I'd love Ricciardo to join Ferrari, I prefer him to the 'whiny' Max.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Until 2018

Until 2018

Max Verstappen locked in Red Bull contract until 2019
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/19946899

In F1, contracts are made to be broken...

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    In F1, contracts are made to be broken...
    yup....either buy offering a ton more money for the exit OR performance clauses related to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Max Verstappen locked in Red Bull contract until 2019
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/19946899
    Thought it was till 2018.... so assuming seb is staying, both RB drivers contracted I think we should give parez a go. After all he's from the FDA. There's a lot of pressure driving for ferrari more than any other team and it does affect your performance so I guess that's another reason for ferrari to go for proven drivers.

Not definitive, by any means, as it somewhat assumes Kimi's return, but news on Alonso (not returning) to Ferrari:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/269069/...s-changes.html

I think we should give parez a go. .
    Perez had his chance and whined his way out of Ferrari.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

I agree Raikonnen has to be replaced since he's just too slow and hurting our chances at WCC, but I don't see anyone who could replace him at the moment.
    Ricciardo and Verstappen are locked into solid contracts.

Marchionne said Alonso is out of the question.
    Sainz, Perez, and Grosjean are just not good enough.
    Hulkenberg is in with Renault for the long haul.

In my opinion the best option for 2018 is Bottas, since he only has a 1-year contract with Mercedes, but I'm sure they will offer him a extension anytime soon. Still could be interesting to make him an offer because he's a guy that gets the job done without complaining.

Another solution would be Rosberg. There's no way this guy is done with formula one. I'm sure he would consider it if we were to make him an offer.
    Then there is a Button but he's under contract with Mclaren until the end of this year and he'll be 38 in 2018.

I'm really curious to see who will Seb's team mate next year.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Perez had his chance and whined his way out of Ferrari.
    Really? I didn't know, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Really? I didn't know, what happened?
    When he joined Mclaren at the end of 2012 into 2013; it ending his association with Ferrari as part of the FDA. I believe that is what REDARMYSOJA is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    ake him an offer because he's a guy that gets the job done without complaining.

Another solution would be Rosberg. There's no way this guy is done with formula one. I'm sure he would consider it if we were to make him an offer.
    Then there is a Button but he's under contract with Mclaren until the end of this year and he'll be 38 in 2018.

I'm really curious to see who will Seb's team mate next year.
    I also agree Rosberg would be a good solution too. But I think everything will be based on whether they can ascertain to get one of Verstappen/Ricciardo for 2019. Then 2018 will be the "fill the gap" year.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Harsh. With a faster guy Ferrari may bnot get the drivers title. Merc drivers 5 wins split 60/40. Ferrari 3 wins 100/0. Great for dtivers rubbish for constructors. Merc cannot favour 1 driver at the moment Ferrari can. Ferrari winning the drivers title would be awesome and a stepping stone to both titles but I say concentrate on the drivers title. Only thing Raikkonen needs to do is sometimes beat a Merc but for gods sake beat both RedBulls. If Ferrari had pitted him before Hamilton he would of had track position and a possible 3rd so a bit team and dtiver issue today.
    How could Kimi have gotten 3rd when there was Ricciardo in front ? He could have gotten the 4th but then Kimi had to maintain at least 2-3 second gap to Lewis when he was on US and Lewis was on SS. That way, he could have pitted one lap after Lewis to prevent the undercut. Otherwise not much chance...

I'm really curious to see who will Seb's team mate next year.[/QUOTE]

Well, it can be Hamilton in Merc. That is why Bottas got only one year deal.