Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    When he joined Mclaren at the end of 2012 into 2013; it ending his association with Ferrari as part of the FDA. I believe that is what REDARMYSOJA is referring to.
    Yep, he basically made the demand to Ferrari, "give me a seat or cut me loose".

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

I like Ric to be with Seb hes always smiling carma goes a long way with things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    I like Ric to be with Seb hes always smiling carma goes a long way with things in life.
    The smile and carma will disappear once he's told he's #2 and has to move over. I also don't believe he'd do much better right now in Kimi's car.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Hopefully Kimi goes and we Get Ric

Ferrari are eying Verstappen, he will be our lead driver in future, not sure when though

Most logical replacement is Nico Rosberg.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Most logical replacement is Nico Rosberg.
    LOL....

Don't know about "most logical" but I would take Nico in a heartbeat. Pretty much anybody else on the F1 grid however would race with more passion and desire than Kimi displays at present. Kimi seems lazy, disinterested, incapable of extracting maximum performance from the machinery he drives, and his race craft is not befitting a rookie driver.

Anybody pay attention to how he lost 3rd position to Ricciardo in Austria on the first lap?

Yes, Ricciardo pushed him wide in turn 2.

Kimi will go one day, don't worry.

But I cannot believe all the negativity around Kimi overhere.

Seb is having the best first 9 races in a season as a Ferrari- driver since Schumis unbelievable start in 2004.

Kimi is far behind that's true, but he was very very unlucky in Barcelona and Baku..Normally would have at least twice 4th. spot. And then his points-total should
    have been quite ok.

Last year both of our drivers 50-60 points behind the Mercedes- boys after 9 races. In the WCC over 100 points behind..

And see where we are now..

We are just a little bit behind the German team, but my god..I never expected myself to be disappointed with 2nd. place last Sunday in Austria.

Scuderia, Seb, Kimi.. Thanks a lot for this great start of the season..Cannot wait to see you all live again in Francorchamps next month!!

Forza Ferrari
    Last edited by wappad; 11th July 2017 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yes, Ricciardo pushed him wide in turn 2.
    Not entirely correct. Kimi lost his position to Ricciardo on the run down to turn one, probably b/c Ric started on the clean side of the track and had better traction off the line. They went into turn one basically side-by-side, and came out of turn one w/ Ric's nose ahead of Kimi's, but Kimi out dragged Ric down to the turn 2/3 complex. Kimi then put his entire car in front of Ric and moved over to the inside line of turn 3 where he was in position to block Ric taking him on the inside of the turn and force Ric to have to pass on the outside of the turn.

Everything Kimi did up to this point was great and displayed the proper race craft. Going into turn 2/3, however, Kimi then moved to the outside of the turn and gave the inside right back to Ricciardo and Ric passed him under braking. Kimi tried the same move he tried on turn one then and tried to stay side-by-side, but then ran out of room on the track. You can say he was forced off. It doesn't matter. Kimi had the inside of the turn and P3 was his if he had made the proper racing play of keeping the inside line.

On tv they referred to Remus as turn 3 w/ the slight kink before the right turn as "turn 2".

You can now return to addressing Kimi's race craft, if you'd like. That's what I am addressing.

'Seems' is 100% correct but lack of smiling was forgotten off the list. This is very important as that is recently listed as one of Ricciardos 'virtues'. Must be worth of a tenth or two a lap.

Ferrari-KR combination just does not work well. Could be just down to his age but I don't think it has ever worked well after 2007. Reason is unknown but perhaps it would be best to part ways and get somebody other instead. It looks like anybode else would make most people on this forum happy - at least for a while. Unfortunately the team do not make decisions to make some internet group of people happy so who knows what will happen.

The thing i don't understand is why one driver has completely demolished the other over the past eight seasons. Alonso rocked Massa, then rocked Raikkonen even harder, and now Vettel is doing the same to Kimi. The consensus is that the car is 90% of the equation, so on average, Raikkonen and Massa should have 90% of the points Alonso and Vettel have accumulated over the past eight seasons, but that's not the case. I haven't fact checked, but it seems that Ferrari is the only team who consistently has their second driver with approximately 50% of the points that here teammate has, and yes, I understand Verstappen is getting beaten by Ricciardo, but that has more to do with failures.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I understand Verstappen is getting beaten by Ricciardo, but that has more to do with failures.
    Lets see:

China: Qualifying engine had issues, Q 16th finished 3rd, overtook Ricci very early; Dan 4th
    Bahrain: Brake failure (ahead of Ricci)
    Barcelona: Hit by Raikkonen because of Bottas (was well ahead of ricci, who inherited podium)
    Monaco: Ahead of Ricciardo, the team made a call that was going to lose one of their drivers the podium. Verstappen got the long end of the stick, Ricci inherits podium. Max 5th
    Canada: Car complete failure from 2nd place, Ricciardo was 5th or something. Ricci inherits podium
    Baku: Engine blows up when he was the fastest man on the track, lost a would be easy win, which Ricciardo got
    Austria: Gearbox failure at the start, hit by Alonso because of Kvyat.

Looks like most are failures to me...no? 1 hit which took him out of the race and 1 bad call by the team.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 11th July 2017 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Hopefully Kimi goes and we Get Ric
    I'm not really enamored with ricciardo. I think he'd be a #2 at this point. He's getting schooled by Verstappen. But he's seems a lot like Kimi in that he seems to be a team player and being out driven by his team mate doesn't bother him. i don't think he would be a driver that would lead us to multiple WDC's.

LAUDA: MERCEDES DON'T NEED ALONSO

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...-t-need-alonso

Alonso is running out of options....not that he had any; he might just be stuck where he is at.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Alonso is running out of options....not that he had any; he might just be stuck where he is at.
    true, Apparently Renault would love him back, i think Mercs found gold with Bottas and will extend his contract, Ferrari wont take him back after the way he left imo and RB has their drivers set.

Mcleran or Renault

true, Apparently Renault would love him back, i think Mercs found gold with Bottas and will extend his contract, Ferrari wont take him back after the way he left imo and RB has their drivers set.

Mcleran or Renault
    Or simply, bye bye F1, I think he's had enough.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Or simply, bye bye F1, I think he's had enough.
    ^this....or INDY

I think Alonso will be with Ferrari next year.

I have nothing against it

If this is the case which i doubt his salary will be much less it will be on a take it or leave it basis he may have no choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-uQtTbfP4

Seb's birthday gift from Kimi...maybe we should keep Kimi just for this kind of stuff!

Lol

I hope so. A Ferrari 1, 2 every race ! WCC for sure! I'm not so sure who will be WDC. Two #1 drivers with Ferrari is too good to be true!

Come on Ferrari, look to the future, not the past.

Marko, the Red Bull driver manager, tells Bild newspaper: "We would not give max up for 100 million."

https://www.f1reports.com/article/33...-million-marko