Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The difference is, Michael came to the team to build along with what came to be known as the dream team in order to restore Ferrari to its glory and bring them out of its stone age years perse, whereas Alonso came to an already established team.
    What? our team was a mess when Alonso joined, Michael joined a much better team.
    Forza Ferrari

How about this... Vettel has already signed with Merc 2018-> and Kimi will retire, so where we can find two drivers? Remember that Bottas got only one year deal.. wonder why?

Sainz has to replace Kimi. He is young, fast and quite cheap in comparison.
    Remember in 2015 Sainz matched Max in qualifying, I think he only got better. I just want Kimi to retire...There is no room for a guy who has setup problems in past 4 years in F1. He is not volonteer, he is paid 7m per year to constantly nag about setup not being to his liking.

Please get Sainz!

I should point out that what is in the past, indeed is in the past.
    I don't say that in order to minimize whatever Alonso has offered to the team for the years he was a part of it; however, fact remains that for the victories that he brought to the team,the team also suffered from politics, power plays and eventually his ego.

One should say that ok, being the driver that he is, ego is a part of him and I would agree, however I would suggest that for instance the team never suffered in this way on account of Schumacher even if one could equally say there were times that Michael did push for things and of course the team was built around him.
    The difference is, Michael came to the team to build along with what came to be known as the dream team in order to restore Ferrari to its glory and bring them out of its stone age years perse, whereas Alonso came to an already established team.

So it is not at any rate an apple to apple comparison.

Alonso is a great driver... he reminds us of how good he is over his radio at every race.
    I agree with what you are saying. I think Alonso is a great driver and appreciate what he did for our team.. but you're right.. a great leader will unite a team and bring them together, it doesn't become about 'me' but 'us'. I think Alonso almost had it at one point, now it seems like Vettel is doing it. If this season shows that Vettel has his mojo back, then the only driver we should be looking at is someone who can support and bring home constant points, not another number 1 that can cause friction. Therefore if Kimi needs to go, I vote Sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What? our team was a mess when Alonso joined, Michael joined a much better team.
    Yeah i think Jean Todd was already in the team. Actually he is the mastermind of it all. Michael was just an awesome contributor to his plans.

Michael was God amongst man as far as F1 driver goes. Sickeningly fast, consistant like no one else and had character of spartan. He was very stoic no matter the situation...When I hear Fernando saying he is driving like an animal and finishing 13th or 14th it means "If only you guys didn't suck so much".

Fair play to Fernando, he gave it all on track, and got some awesome wins, but he couldn't gather the team around him. He was always up to something through his career. No wonder, considering who his manager was we shouldn't expect any better.

BTW to those saying Michael was just awesome contributor...Yea, he only got best out of Benetton (Rory as well) with him to Ferrari. When Brawn talks about Michael, you can hear total admiration in his voice. What a guy Schumi was!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    BTW to those saying Michael was just awesome contributor...Yea, he only got best out of Benetton (Rory as well) with him to Ferrari. When Brawn talks about Michael, you can hear total admiration in his voice. What a guy Schumi was!
    I don't know, Eddie Irvine said that Todd was the mastermind of it all.

JT was first to arrive and had the hindsight to see that Michael was needed. After Michael joined, everyone to join came with a singular purpose and that being to make a team around Michael.
    Is there anything you disagree in what I say ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know, Eddie Irvine said that Todd was the mastermind of it all.
    Eddie Irvine, especially with a drink in his hand, said alot of things. Todd probably was, along with Brawn, most important for Ferrari's golden years. But strictly speaking, as a driver, Schumi couldn't have done more. He did more then anyone ever could from his position. I remember someone saying whole garage was always fired up because of Michael, and never felt left out. He was inspiration. In comparison to Nando who is literally selling himself and pushing team to the gutter in every race he is racing.

Also no. Michael joined a mess of a team.

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Kimi will still be here for at least 18 races. So maybe we should put a sock in it for the time being, and see how the season unfolds

Difficult to say, Michael had Brawn, JT, Bryne, Aldo costa and a lot of talent around, that was a dream team.

Alonso got Domenicali, tombazi, Marmorini....

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Alonso got Costa as well. New team is not really "new". It just works so much better and they all seem to push in same direction. These are same people that were here in Alonsos time.

Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Alonso got Costa as well. New team is not really "new". It just works so much better and they all seem to push in same direction. These are same people that were here in Alonsos time.
    Not really, and Costa was fired, after the first year, in which ALO near championed with us.
    New team is really new, new heads new direction, new concepts, new work ethos.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Not really, and Costa was fired, after the first year, in which ALO near championed with us.
    New team is really new, new heads new direction, new concepts, new work ethos.

So he did have Costa for a year :) Vettel doesnt have Costa at all though.

So he did have Costa for a year :) Vettel doesnt have Costa at all though.
    He had newey at RB
    Mattia at Ferrari

Behave yourself, you are doing Todt a great dis-service to say he had a mess of a team when MS joined.
    Forza Ferrari

Behave yourself, you are doing Todt a great dis-service to say he had a mess of a team when MS joined.
    Todt and Michael BUILT a new team.

What do you mean behave myself?

Facts are facts.

Todt himself was not able to build a team himself on his own in one year alone before Michael came to the team and it did take time before the results came.

You have arguments, please bring them forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah i think Jean Todd was already in the team. Actually he is the mastermind of it all. Michael was just an awesome contributor to his plans.
    As far as I can remember JT has joined Ferrari for the 1993 season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_T...i_1994_to_2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Byrne#Ferrari
    Last edited by stefa; 13th April 2017 at 07:56.

I think this kimi's replacement thread .... not MS or glory days posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think this kimi's replacement thread .... not MS or glory days posts.
    It is not. Just facts

Todt and Michael BUILT a new team.

What do you mean behave myself?

Facts are facts.

Todt himself was not able to build a team himself on his own in one year alone before Michael came to the team and it did take time before the results came.

You have arguments, please bring them forward.
    Todt built the team, and it was not a mess when MS joined otherwise MS would probably not have joined. Why you are trying to downgrade Todt and the team he built just to have a go at Alonso is beyond me, but you can carry on if you wish. MS did not join a mess of a team, Todt had clear plans in place and the right people to do it. Todt did not build a team in 1 year, he joined in 93 not 96 so stop trying to change history....
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel may be in fine form for Ferrari, but Raikkonen has questions to answer

If Finnish former world champ doesn’t get his act together fast, he may indeed be finished at Italian giants

I have it on the very best authority that Kimi Raikkonen has been summoned to appear before the Ferrari hierarchy to explain, if he can, his woeful start to the new season in a car that is a proven winner — at least in the hands of teammate Sebastian Vettel.

Crisis may be too severe a description — but an urgent problem it most certainly is and the Finnish flop could be facing an exit from Maranello if he does not get his faltering act together before he is much older.

And with twice-champion Fernando Alonso, patiently biding his time with the sluggishly shambolic McLaren also-rans, the goodbyes could be looming for Raikkonen in keeping with the welcomes forming around a romantic return to the Italian legends by the Spanish flyer.

An extremely frustrated and admirably forthright Ferrari overlord, president Sergio Marchionne, has spotlighted Raikkonen’s dramatic fade-out and has been critical of F1’s oldest driver who is eking out a contract due to shut down at the season’s close.

That could, however, I am told be shortened if Alonso opts to quit the abject McLaren strugglers and his £32-million-a-year salary, to accept a wage reduction to oust Raikkonen and put himself back to where he feels he belongs… among the front runners in a car to match his towering ability.

The upcoming races will be the telling factor for Raikkonen in an issue, and a possibility, maybe even a probability, that has Formula One gripped with its growing intrigue over his career with the blood-red team.

And the anxiety demonstrated by president Marchionne is self evident when he orders a face-to-face between Raikkonen and his unforgiving and tough-looking team chief Maurizio Arrivabene whose patience is being stretched to the limit as he closely keeps an eye on Alonso’s situation with the besieged UK-based team and groans at Raikkonen’s embarrassing ineptitude.

He and the fiercely committed team members in the garage and along the pitwall were both bewildered and irritated by Raikkonen’s bad-tempered radio messages as he faded into his fifth place in China last time out.

So much so Marchionne ordered the get-together ahead of this weekend’s Bahrain clash, round three, and said: “Kimi and Maurizio need to sit around a table and Maurizio should talk to him to sort out what needs to be done.

“Vettel is more aggressive — but Raikkonen seems busy with other stuff. The car is no more comfortable for Sebastian than it is for Kimi. Absolutely not. So he should be doing better than he is. He seems to have other things on his mind.Is he tired?“

Raikkonen, as gloomy, downbeat and deadpan as they come and who has always given the impression that he does not give a hoot about what opinions or impressions people might have about his erratic form, will not, as usual, have a sorrowful look over his shoulder if he fails to wriggle free of the no-hopers in Sunday’s 191-mile, 57-lap showdown around Bahrain’s desert challenge.

He has a fine record there… no victories — but a tidy handful of second places, five in all. Whether he can stir himself to a resurgent level and intrude upon the keen battle between his partner Vettel, the title pacemaker, and Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton, each of them winners twice on the island kingdom, is a poser of intense intrigue.

Typically laconically the 2007 world champion, a career winner 20 times but not since 2013, says almost yawningly: ”I have been in this sport long enough and it is not very often that it is all smiles and happiness. It is frustrating — but it is part of the job.”

For sure, while all eyes will be focused on the magically developing confrontation between multi-champions Hamilton and Vettel on Sunday, there will be plenty of curious glances towards a driver fighting to save his job and resurrect a fast-fading career...

Guess who???

source: http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport...swer-1.2010795

JT was first to arrive and had the hindsight to see that Michael was needed.
    Foresight you mean.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel may be in fine form for Ferrari, but Raikkonen has questions to answer

If Finnish former world champ doesn’t get his act together fast, he may indeed be finished at Italian giants

source: http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport...swer-1.2010795
    A story where there is none, IMO. 2 races in. Marchionne shut his trap about the car, he should shut it about his drivers. Deal with Kimi in private--if he goes, he goes. Keep the drama on track for crying out loud, there are championships that need winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Alonzo does not come to Ferrari. I respect him and I respect his time at Ferrari, but Vettel needs to be the team leader right now. We've got the right people in the right places for success, Alonzo being in the team risks destabilising everything. I believe Vettel needs to be the number one, just like Michael schumacher, and Ferrari should not challenge that by putting Alonso in the second car.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I hope Alonzo does not come to Ferrari. I respect him and I respect his time at Ferrari, but Vettel needs to be the team leader right now. We've got the right people in the right places for success, Alonzo being in the team risks destabilising everything. I believe Vettel needs to be the number one, just like Michael schumacher, and Ferrari should not challenge that by putting Alonso in the second car.
    ^ This. I'm hoping the team can find the right support to help raise Kimis game a little. Two drivers on podium would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    He won't don't worry. Alonso will resign with McLaren Honda and they will try to help him win the triple crown.
    I just don't know how competitive Honda engines are in Le Mans.

Todt built the team, and it was not a mess when MS joined otherwise MS would probably not have joined. Why you are trying to downgrade Todt and the team he built just to have a go at Alonso is beyond me, but you can carry on if you wish. MS did not join a mess of a team, Todt had clear plans in place and the right people to do it. Todt did not build a team in 1 year, he joined in 93 not 96 so stop trying to change history....
    I do not downgrade the JT efforts but it is a fact that the team was built around MS.

Seriously I won't get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Foresight you mean.
    Correct ! I stand corrected.