Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 644

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    As they always do (apart from Massa) be a shame we do not take drivers from our stable though which makes our development program seem rather pointless, but I do agree replacing Kimi will probably be great news regardless of who it is to replace him.
    Yeah that's what annoyed me over the years. We have a young driver program but never use them. Red Bull on the other hand had great success with theirs.
    I've never been a Kimi fan. He was never that good. He was picked over Heidfeld to go to mclaren because Ron thought he found Mika no 2. In 2005 he blew his championship chances because he couldn't look after his car. In 2007 he snatched it at the last minute after a terrible season (Alonso/Hamilton). Massa easily beat him at Ferrari and since his "return" he hasn't featured much. It was a total waste of money at the expense of Felipe. He managed to score better results than Sebastian towards the end of last year but Sebastian was too busy moaning and picking choice words for Charlie Whiting instead of racing. Now we have a good car, it's clear he is nowhere near Sebastian. Time to give someone a chance who wants to win in our car. Not sit behind Riccardo complaining

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,176
    I just had a dream Kimi wins in Bahrain!!!!!
    If that happens maybe the tone of this thread will take a swing!!!
    Kimi is our last WDC and deserves our respect no matter how small the margin was........ it's not impossible that he could pull it off again.
    Yet I feel that this years car has been built around Vettel!
    When Kimi retires there are quite a few hopefuls in line. Personally I would like to see a latin driver in our car again........ Ricciardo with his Italian roots would qualify imo I know there are people who would disagree but that's my humble opinion!!!
    I agree that we should be recruiting from the Ferrari young driver academy but Jules RIP was in line to join the parent team.
    Perez is a past member does that count???


    Forza Jules

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    334
    Kimi' race pace was better than Seb's in FP2. Get rid of Seb! Who should his replacement be? My money's on Wehrlein..... lol

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Kimi' race pace was better than Seb's in FP2. Get rid of Seb! Who should his replacement be? My money's on Wehrlein..... lol
    Why stop at the drivers? Sack'em all

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    2 GPs, 2 mistakes
    Giovinazzi hugged that wall in China every time he had the chance, like it was his mother. But Greig is a Kimi hater, he would rather have kim kardashian in that car than kimi.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Giovinazzi hugged that wall in China every time he had the chance, like it was his mother. But Greig is a Kimi hater, he would rather have kim kardashian in that car than kimi.
    Just his fans I tend to find annoying rather than Kimi He has done well to last in F1 so long based on how little he offers so fair play to him.
    Forza Ferrari

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Swellendam,RSA
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Not sit behind Riccardo complaining


    Just wait until it is not going Seb's way....

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just his fans I tend to find annoying rather than Kimi He has done well to last in F1 so long based on how little he offers so fair play to him.
    Spoken like true hater. You will just have to take it another 18 races, have fun

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Spoken like true hater. You will just have to take it another 18 races, have fun
    Hate, certainly not, as I said Kimi has played a good game with the whole "iceman" tag, the fans that fawn over his every smile. He made a lot of money and delivered "classic Kimi" moments that will never get old, just a shame his driving failed to deliver on far too many occasions. Sure he might win this weekend, but it would not lead to anything.
    Forza Ferrari

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Just wait until it is not going Seb's way....
    I think the thread is still open, "what is going on with Vettel ". Had some laughs with the solutions people came up with there

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just his fans I tend to find annoying rather than Kimi He has done well to last in F1 so long based on how little he offers so fair play to him.
    He offered us our last WDC and WCC with Felipe, yeah, so little...

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He offered us our last WDC and WCC with Felipe, yeah, so little...
    Ah the last WDC, never gets old even after 10 years it still holds so much weight.....a title won on some merit but with a great slice of fortune 2008 should have been another Kimi title in a great car but once again failed to deliver.

    And the way Alonso destroyed him was embarrassing for a top driver (so we are told).
    Forza Ferrari

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,636
    And there it is yet once again.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just his fans I tend to find annoying rather than Kimi
    Facts always seem to mess up their story

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,176
    Our last wdc was 10 years ago. I am no kimi fan and never was but the fact he was our last earns him my respect.
    Yes Some fans keep on about it but they wouldn't if someone else had come up with the goods!!!!!!!
    Just my opinion


    Forza Jules

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    wilderness
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Facts always seem to mess up their story

    Says a guy who claims that Kimi lost 2005 WDC because he didn't take care of his car

    And why would you say that Ferrari young driver program is never used? Ferrari invested plenty to Jules Bianchi. Just a couple of facts you should check

    And here is couple more. 2007 WDC wasn't decided by last minute lottery, as a matter of FACT, they raced full season that year and Kimi won because he collected most points
    And what comes to the "fact" that Massa easily beat Kimi at Ferrari. Well that never happened and Kimi has a WDC title to remind him of those good old Ferrari days he spent with Felipe
    Last edited by Winter; 14th April 2017 at 23:44.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Kimi' race pace was better than Seb's in FP2. Get rid of Seb! Who should his replacement be? My money's on Wehrlein..... lol
    Good thing points are not handed in FPs.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Says a guy who claims that Kimi lost 2005 WDC because he didn't take care of his car

    And why would you say that Ferrari young driver program is never used? Ferrari invested plenty to Jules Bianchi. Just a couple of facts you should check

    And here is couple more. 2007 WDC wasn't decided by last minute lottery, as a matter of FACT, they raced full season that year and Kimi won because he collected most points
    And what comes to the "fact" that Massa easily beat Kimi at Ferrari. Well that never happened and Kimi has a WDC title to remind him of those good old Ferrari days he spent with Felipe
    Got to agree on this one with greg. Massa outpeformed Kimi in 2 out of 3 years they ran together.

    That was when Kimi was young and allegedly, one of the fastest drivers in F1. Personally, I think Lewis, Fernando, Schumi and Massa were all faster then him in late 2000s

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Got to agree on this one with greg. Massa outpeformed Kimi in 2 out of 3 years they ran together.

    That was when Kimi was young and allegedly, one of the fastest drivers in F1. Personally, I think Lewis, Fernando, Schumi and Massa were all faster then him in late 2000s
    If that is your opinion, I think that makes his WDC even more impressive, beating 3 better drivers in similar cars

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Anyway, has anyone suggested Mick Schumacher yet?

    Forza Ferrari

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Anyway, has anyone suggested Mick Schumacher yet?

    I think he's not yet ready to this level. He has legacy behind him, to carry that forward need exceptional skills

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Says a guy who claims that Kimi lost 2005 WDC because he didn't take care of his car

    And why would you say that Ferrari young driver program is never used? Ferrari invested plenty to Jules Bianchi. Just a couple of facts you should check

    And here is couple more. 2007 WDC wasn't decided by last minute lottery, as a matter of FACT, they raced full season that year and Kimi won because he collected most points
    And what comes to the "fact" that Massa easily beat Kimi at Ferrari. Well that never happened and Kimi has a WDC title to remind him of those good old Ferrari days he spent with Felipe
    Yeah he didn't look after his car in 05 and lost the championship. Broke the wheels of it in Nurburgring.
    Ferrari obviously needs to assess it's young driver program, we are letting a "has-never-been" getting stagnated when we have much better options.
    Massa beat him in 08 and 09 so another fact right there. We paid him to get lost so we can have Alonso. Some idiot thought it would be great to bring him back and he was subsequently destroyed by Alonso.
    His 07 title came with huge slice of luck as pointed out already and since then he hasn't featured, AT ALL. Waste of money and resources. But yeah don't let the facts fool you

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    136
    I want Jody Sheckter to replace Kimi. He is '79 champion after all

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    136
    Right now I'm prepared to have Ralph over Kimi ��

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    I want Jody Sheckter to replace Kimi. He is '79 champion after all
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Yeah he didn't look after his car in 05 and lost the championship. Broke the wheels of it in Nurburgring.
    Ferrari obviously needs to assess it's young driver program, we are letting a "has-never-been" getting stagnated when we have much better options.
    Massa beat him in 08 and 09 so another fact right there. We paid him to get lost so we can have Alonso. Some idiot thought it would be great to bring him back and he was subsequently destroyed by Alonso.
    His 07 title came with huge slice of luck as pointed out already and since then he hasn't featured, AT ALL. Waste of money and resources. But yeah don't let the facts fool you
    Have you ever thought that maybe Ferrari see something in kimi other than just race results? I'm sure they could have signed any number of drivers over the last 3 years and they kept kiMI. Why get at him? Maybe they value his input. The car has gotten better since they made the front more to his liking. Maybe some of that is on him maybe they like harmony in the team or stability. I'm sure he's going to have some good results this year and pretty sure they will replace him next year. But no need to Slag a guy 2 races in and second race strategy screwed him.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Have you ever thought that maybe Ferrari see something in kimi other than just race results?
    Yap, maybe they are keeping him as a development driver.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    617
    Both us and Mercedes are prioritising one driver over other, to maximize chances of winning drivers title. Alot of times Kimi strategy been to stay out long, maybe ones coming to pit from front he can slow them down to help Seb.This cost him in some places as well.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,178
    Realistically who's even on the market or could opt out of their current contract?

    I don't necessarily mean a mid season change, but who's available for 2018 even?

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,636
    Allegedly following drivers are out of contract after 2017:
    Vettel
    Grosjean
    Sainz
    Perez
    Massa
    Bottas
    Vandoorne
    Giovinazzi
    Wehrlein
    Hulkenberg
    Kvyat
    Ocon
    Stroll
    Ericsson
    Alonso
    Palmer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •