Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 607

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,468
    Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    Forza Ferrari

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    Hmm, this is a very strange statement by you. I'm a Kimi fan and i thought he was terrible considering he got passed by both Red Bulls at the start which ruined his race. If it wasn't for that, he would've been third, no doubt.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    I agree! Why did they not simply shadow Seb's strategy? He would have been much faster on fresher tyres and would have had more time to use them, considering how much faster than Bottas he was at the end. Kimi seems to be fundamentally harder on the tyres, so they should really stop trying to just leave him out forever. Kimi made a great point on the radio... he was already struggling with a power issue, the newer tyres would have offset his poor pace to some extent... they know this! Why is he having to tell them?!

    With Seb it's working perfectly... I hope they can play the game a bit better with Kimi without sacrificing Seb's strategy.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    18
    Wait until massa retires at the end of the season and make him come out of retirement again.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    18
    But seriously, I have the feeling the redfools will start favoring Voostaffen and Ricciardo will get disgruntled and seek out the ferrari seat, which I would absolutely love being a Perth local.
    But then I expect vettel to block the move and make ferrari to go for a proper 'second' driver ala hulkenberg, grosjean or perez so he can have his way with them..
    Which would probably be the sensible move, it worked well in the Schuey in years.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,050
    Bring Alonso back.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,682
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    But then I expect vettel to block the move and make ferrari to go for a proper 'second' driver ala hulkenberg, grosjean or perez so he can have his way with them..
    Which would probably be the sensible move, it worked well in the Schuey in years.
    Seb will most definitely block a move like Alonso, but i think he can work with Ricciardo. As i can see, they are pretty friendly.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hmm, this is a very strange statement by you. I'm a Kimi fan and i thought he was terrible considering he got passed by both Red Bulls at the start which ruined his race. If it wasn't for that, he would've been third, no doubt.
    agree with you...Seb did take different move on ham at turn1 start of the race & he was always in the mirrors of Bottas. such was the pace.

    Kimi had 2 issues
    1) he didnt have perfect start, although we he was trying to make up for it where he did make a move on riccardo & Max he coudlnt put enough on it By that time massa passed him. I reckon if it was perez or max or sainz they would have made a move on riccardo at that start.
    2) He was struck behind massa for some time, after passing him he didn't have that pace to match riccardo & max.
    As that battle was going on at the front, team preferred seb for pit strategy.

    Before SC vet did FL's so he did come out on top after SC was IN. Where kimi didn't show that pace, so he go struck behind Massa again.

    Anyways he finished ahead of RB's. & made good moves to pass massa.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,628
    Well, next year with another driver will make things better.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,830
    The Mercs finish 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3..................just puttin that out there folks with regards to Kimi and/or his situation.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,468
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The Mercs finish 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3..................just puttin that out there folks with regards to Kimi and/or his situation.
    I must have missed the Merc 1-2?

    Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    Forza Ferrari

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I must have missed the Merc 1-2?

    Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    And 'another one bites to dust' .

    Although i must admit, some do make it so easy for you.

    How I enjoy Seb's 5th. victory with us..first one for red under the floodlights in Bahrain..

    Full confidence in Kimi for the remainder of the season. Don't worry about his replacement at all.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I must have missed the Merc 1-2?

    Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    sorry Greig, my bad.......2-3, 1-6, 2-3.....your right

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,568
    "I'm very proud of my team today," Checo said. "To finish seventh after starting from P18 is an amazing recovery and we can be very happy tonight.

    "I think we made the most of every opportunity and the whole team – the engineers and the mechanics – played their part in executing a perfect race. We showed, once again, that we never give up on Sundays and we can come back strong after a difficult qualifying."

    Just as impressively, this was Perez's 13th consecutive points finish in a row – the Mexican's best ever run, and also the best on the current grid. Indeed only 10 drivers in history have ever managed more.

    About perez.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,568
    I see perez & hulk as a good choice to Vet. Team players + In the race aggressive moves + when it matters mostly they will deliver that quali lap.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    But seriously, I have the feeling the redfools will start favoring Voostaffen and Ricciardo will get disgruntled and seek out the ferrari seat, which I would absolutely love being a Perth local.
    But then I expect vettel to block the move and make ferrari to go for a proper 'second' driver ala hulkenberg, grosjean or perez so he can have his way with them..
    Which would probably be the sensible move, it worked well in the Schuey in years.
    Interesting and plausable however this would mean Ricciardo would have been easily beaten. He has a contract which would cost a fortune to buy out yet you would be paying for Red Bulls sloppy seconds. Same goes in reverse if Max wanted out. Yesterday was progress 1st time Kimi finished in sight of a Merc on pure race pace. He can build on that.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    And if he manages to beat Bottas by a margin, maybe he will get a contract renewal?

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    886
    I guess I am alone on this one, but as i am enjoying this season so far why do i want to fix something that is not broken? I don't want Kimi to go and i certainly don't want Alonso back. He is a disruptive force in the team when he does not get his way regardless how good he drives. Sooner keep Kimi as he will deliver as the season progresses. Blimey some of you are whiny little toy throwers. Just a week a before the season started you had given up on Ferrari, now they are delivering the goods its still not good enough you want to sack a driver three races in!!!

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,682
    ^We don't need Alonso anyway, we got Seb. Why destroy the harmony, right? Besides, Ferrari are not known for having two top drivers in their cars.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,146
    Vettel is Schumi
    Kimi is Rubens now.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari
    16/15
    Totus Tuus
    Pace e bene

  21. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene22n View Post
    Bring Alonso back.
    No.

    It makes no sense having two #1 drivers (actually that just cannot be in a team like Ferrari).

    However what we do need, is not to focus on just Seb and let Kimi wander alone. Ferrari needs to improve themselves in the strategy area so both drivers get results.
    Want Seb #1, very well, but Kimi needs the support to deliver as #2, so we snatch both WCC and WDC.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Vettel is Schumi
    Kimi is Rubens now.
    Exactly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  23. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,682
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No.

    It makes no sense having two #1 drivers (actually that just cannot be in a team like Ferrari).

    However what we do need, is not to focus on just Seb and let Kimi wander alone. Ferrari needs to improve themselves in the strategy area so both drivers get results.
    Want Seb #1, very well, but Kimi needs the support to deliver as #2, so we snatch both WCC and WDC.
    I agree. I won't mind two #1 drivers only if Ferrari are sure they are going to dominate like Mercedes was the last three years. However, you can never be 100% sure so...

  24. #204
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No.

    It makes no sense having two #1 drivers (actually that just cannot be in a team like Ferrari).

    However what we do need, is not to focus on just Seb and let Kimi wander alone. Ferrari needs to improve themselves in the strategy area so both drivers get results.
    Want Seb #1, very well, but Kimi needs the support to deliver as #2, so we snatch both WCC and WDC.
    Correct.....Ferrari will not take Alonso back; he should not come back. Kimi needs to fight Bottas if both drivers are to be support drivers while Vettel and Lewis duke it out up front. Kimi HAS to be in front of Bottas on every race in order to win the WCC and WDC....otherwise the Mercs will slowly and patiently eat away any points Kimi has to solidify the WCC because thats where battle for the WCC is.....Kimi and Bottas. We all know Vettel has the means and the car to beat Lewis as he is consistent in true race form.

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    Is it possible they were seriously thinking of keeping him out there on a one stopper and hoping he would be able to keep Bottas behind after his stop on lap 30?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

  26. #206
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    ^We don't need Alonso anyway, we got Seb. Why destroy the harmony, right? Besides, Ferrari are not known for having two top drivers in their cars.
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).

  27. #207
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    267
    I mean by all means Raikkonen can improve, but he's not gonna be around come 2020, so if this year is a lacklustre year then new blood for sure!

    Imagine if Ferrari announces Maldonado! Would cause shockwaves

  28. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I mean by all means Raikkonen can improve, but he's not gonna be around come 2020, so if this year is a lacklustre year then new blood for sure!

    Imagine if Ferrari announces Maldonado! Would cause shockwaves
    Only marginally, I think. Time is his enemy now. Kimi Raikkello.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari
    16/15
    Totus Tuus
    Pace e bene

  29. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I mean by all means Raikkonen can improve, but he's not gonna be around come 2020, so if this year is a lacklustre year then new blood for sure!

    Imagine if Ferrari announces Maldonado! Would cause shockwaves
    thats not funny; "Crashtor" Maldonado....what a waist to money.

  30. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).
    Good point! We should get Alonso.
    Silently, like a shadow

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •