Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

But Ferrari already has Antonio G. ready !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But Ferrari already has Antonio G. ready !
    Leclerc is more promising. He's owning F2!! Nevertheless, both deserve a chance. Too bad Haas wants both Grosjean and Magnussen for 2018.
    I think at least Grosjean has to go.

If Leclerc is so brilliant, why waste him by farming him out to Haas for 1-2yrs? Much as I'd like Antonio G to be given a chance, Leclerc may prove to be another Max, he's young and hungry and has achieved a lot already. F1 has become a youngster's hunting ground, and it's time Ferrari took a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If Leclerc is so brilliant, why waste him by farming him out to Haas for 1-2yrs? Much as I'd like Antonio G to be given a chance, Leclerc may prove to be another Max, he's young and hungry and has achieved a lot already. F1 has become a youngster's hunting ground, and it's time Ferrari took a gamble.
    Agree. If he's so promising bring him in. Let him learn under Vettel and groom him for the future.

It'll be interesting to see how Leclerc will fare against Kimi in the post-Hungarian development test. If he's faster, why not give him a chance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Agree. If he's so promising bring him in. Let him learn under Vettel and groom him for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Leclerc will fare against Kimi in the post-Hungarian development test. If he's faster, why not give him a chance, right?
    Can you imagine IF Ferrari brought Leclerc in and in 1 to 2 years time....Max and Leclerc.....epic!!!

FerrariSteve Guest
    This^^

Get him in the car already!

Leclerc? Put him in a haas or a similar car and see how he does against a decent teammate. If he delivers, and only if, then think about putting him in a Ferrari. Us fans tend to be a little dramatic...

Ferrari front row !! Replace whoooo ???

Indeed. It looks like Kimi will stay for another season. Maybe we should partially thank Seb for that as well? He wants him as part of the contract.

Exactly!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

The current line-up is perfect for next year. Let's see what happens when RB drivers are available within year or two.

With a perfect line-up Ferrari would also be leading the constructors' championship.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    With a perfect line-up Ferrari would also be leading the constructors' championship.
    I was talking what is available. Kimi isn't top 5 driver anymore but the best available one atm. A solid team player, former Ferrari WDC etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    I was talking what is available. Kimi isn't top 5 driver anymore but the best available one atm. A solid team player, former Ferrari WDC etc.
    Than you have to tell me who was that man driving the 2nd. placed Ferrari behind Seb this afternoon keeping that Merc behind..

Kimi was very unlucky in Spain and Baku.. Imagine he would have scored twice 12 points in these races..

We would have been so close points wise to Mercedes..and that after 11 GP's..

I don't think we could have done much better so far..

Verstappen, young blood to Ferrari ! Kimi's not in top 5 anymore ! Merc is unbeatable this season! Ferrari is back in town!! The cars are real again, the drivers always were and are.

Yeah don't get me wrong. I said that VET/RAI would be perfect for next year. Vettel is the true star and Räikkönen a solid sidekick. Ferrari knows what it will get with this pair and it is important. No stupid drama between drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Yeah don't get me wrong. I said that VET/RAI would be perfect for next year. Vettel is the true star and Räikkönen a solid sidekick. Ferrari knows what it will get with this pair and it is important. No stupid drama between drivers.
    As he was in 2007 Kimi can go off very quickly but when he geats interested is awesome. He has to be driving next year if he carries on his performances in the last 2 races and Monaco. Marchionne needs to give him a weekly pep talk, never leave Kimi too long to motivate himself. He needs a firm telling off every now and again. I think if he keeps this up he may catch Bottas by the end of the year in the championship.

I think the accusation of "laggard" got to Kimi. Seems to be doing the trick.
    Good for us. Maybe SM knows just which buttons to push.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Kimi had one DNF n other trouble 7th or 8th.
    Bottas has consistent runs even though hitting others with his car apart from one DNF. He's been very lucky to stay 3rd in the WDC championship.

Bottas from Williams #2 to where he is now! The car is what is!

BEST SPORTING MOMENT OF THE YEAR
    Vote for your favourite moment!

Strange results...

https://www.mylaureus.com

Yeah Ferrari done a great job in Spain to get that kid into the pits
    Forza Ferrari

OK, let's call it a marketing moment instead.

Call it what you wish You could email the organisers of this vote and let them know your decision
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I think the accusation of "laggard" got to Kimi. Seems to be doing the trick.
    Good for us. Maybe SM knows just which buttons to push.
    Nah I don't think so. Kimi's just on when he's on. This is not a dig at him.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Nah I don't think so. Kimi's just on when he's on. This is not a dig at him.
    Very true. Both Lewis and Seb on pole , up front , on when their on.

I'll vote Leclerc in!

[QUOTE=Seb;951408]I'll vote Leclerc in![/QUOTE

Kimi is in 5th place 49 pts ahead of #6 Verstappen and his best efforts. Kimi is just 1 pt . out of 4th, just a pt. behind Danny boy and his great car. All this in not a "Great #1 car!" Leclerc in for Seb sound right. Leclerc to Ferrari ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I'll vote Leclerc in!
    yep, Leclerc seems really promissing.....lets hope he'll join Sauber for next year and then come 2019 when kimi will retire, he'll join the Scuderia and learn a thing or two from Seb
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.