Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Alonso to make a decision during mid-summer on his future plans with Mclaren/Honda.

I can't see Seb leaving as he turned down the Mercedes drive (Lauda said that Seb was completely loyal to Ferrari). So I think it would only be a replacement for Kimi.

Alonso, the only driver on the grid to pretty much despise Seb is Alonso. Their driving styles are polar opposite. Ferrari would never get the best out of both of them. One of them would have to be sacrificed. And when you are paying that much you don't want to do that.

Perez, was a Ferrari young driver. Ferrari got rid of him as they said he was rubbish. Moved to Mclaren and proved Ferrari correct. Good midfield driver, not a good front runner.
    Grosjean, the most obvious choice. He's in the Haas with the view that it might lead him to the Ferrari drive.
    Hulk, too late now.
    Max/Ric tied to Red Bull.
    Bottas, I can't see him moving from Mercedes unless he's bad.

The most interesting piece is Gasly. I get the impression that Red Bull want to promote him but they have nowhere to put him. It means either Sainz or Kvyat has to go. I'd expect them to release Kvyat although he hasn't done bad in Toro Rosso.

My preference would be Sainz. He's young but experienced as it would be his 4th season. He was capable of matching Max.
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Alonso to make a decision during mid-summer on his future plans with Mclaren/Honda.
    waiting for the next confirmation alonso to ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    waiting for the next confirmation alonso to ferrari
    .....I don't think he will go and Ferrari won't pay that much for him. He should stay where he is at and still get his retainer or retire IMHO.

Vettel/Alonso would be the strongest pairing bar none. I can't see it happening, though. Ferrari is now Vettel's team.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    I can't see Seb leaving as he turned down the Mercedes drive (Lauda said that Seb was completely loyal to Ferrari). So I think it would only be a replacement for Kimi.

Alonso, the only driver on the grid to pretty much despise Seb is Alonso. Their driving styles are polar opposite. Ferrari would never get the best out of both of them. One of them would have to be sacrificed. And when you are paying that much you don't want to do that.

Perez, was a Ferrari young driver. Ferrari got rid of him as they said he was rubbish. Moved to Mclaren and proved Ferrari correct. Good midfield driver, not a good front runner.
    Grosjean, the most obvious choice. He's in the Haas with the view that it might lead him to the Ferrari drive.
    Hulk, too late now.
    Max/Ric tied to Red Bull.
    Bottas, I can't see him moving from Mercedes unless he's bad.

The most interesting piece is Gasly. I get the impression that Red Bull want to promote him but they have nowhere to put him. It means either Sainz or Kvyat has to go. I'd expect them to release Kvyat although he hasn't done bad in Toro Rosso.

My preference would be Sainz. He's young but experienced as it would be his 4th season. He was capable of matching Max.
    Pérez was a Ferrari academy driver, but went to Mclaren, in replace of Hamilton! That was the first year of Mclaren debacle, the car was rubish and Perez was rushed. Perez has been brilliant with Force India, in a great recovery, besting clearly Hulk in many years and getting brilliant podiums punching above his weight. He was very good in nursing tires, and now he is very good and ambitious overtaker. Also he brings millions on Sponsor money, and our future FOM money isn't guaranteed for many more years. (That's only the cherry on top, I think he could ve a very good number 2 for vettel.)

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Pérez was a Ferrari academy driver, but went to Mclaren, in replace of Hamilton! That was the first year of Mclaren debacle, the car was rubish and Perez was rushed. Perez has been brilliant with Force India, in a great recovery, besting clearly Hulk in many years and getting brilliant podiums punching above his weight. He was very good in nursing tires, and now he is very good and ambitious overtaker. Also he brings millions on Sponsor money, and our future FOM money isn't guaranteed for many more years. (That's only the cherry on top, I think he could ve a very good number 2 for vettel.)

Force India.....pound for pound...definitely worth their weight in gold when comparing budgets with the rest of field and points scored with millions in return; very lean team with a good ROI (return on investment) ratio.

Ferrari pays Vettel $50 million and Kimi $7 million. I don't think they will pay Alonso $40 million let alone $30 million so with that be said, it has to be an up and coming driver.
    i really doubt you know what they will or will not do. so that being said anything is possible.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    i really doubt you know what they will or will not do. so that being said anything is possible.
    Max Verstappen(19yo) gets paid $3 million by RedBull and just renegotiated his contract(2016) with RedBull to be year-to-year. Alonso(35yo) wants $40 million.....you make your own determinations; but it has to be an established young driver if we are to replace Kimi. I go with Max and offer him double what he is making currently at RedBull.

Max Verstappen(19yo) gets paid $3 million by RedBull and just renegotiated his contract(2016) with RedBull to be year-to-year. Alonso(35yo) wants $40 million.....you make your own determinations; but it has to be an established young driver if we are to replace Kimi. I go with Max and offer him double what he is making currently at RedBull.
    its not up to me either to make a determination. they will put the best driver they can in that car. I still think Alonso is the best driver on the grid and its a shame we fell out.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    its not up to me either to make a determination. they will put the best driver they can in that car. I still think Alonso is the best driver on the grid and its a shame we fell out.
    Alonso is great driver. I think he said he compared himself to an animal(elephant) after the Chinese GP driving that "pig" of a car. One thing to note is his salary that he is getting from Mclaren/Honda (Honda really). He cannot get that anywhere else as the disparity in salary is so great between a #1 driver and #2 driver i.e. Vettel/Kimi, Lewis/Bottas in those top two teams that would equal his salary. If so, someone has to go Vettel???? Lewis????...I don't think so. RedBull cannot equal or come down 10 milion from his 40 million. So he is literally stuck or he can retire. Who knows with Honda, as they are still developing an engine and if they do, then he will fulfill his contract and stay. HOWEVER, Alonso can go anywhere but he is going to have to take a massive paycut. Also, you cannot have 2 #1's on the same team....it just does not work due to ego's and salary. Its always a #1(the most expensive) and a #2 (lesser) driver.

Alonso had his chance, and like someone mentioned earlier.. abandoned us because we were a 2nd rate team. Now that we're competitive, it wouldn't feel right to just let him step into a winning car. Vettel is settling in nicely and the team seems very content. He's motivating them and they are behind him. Kimi is a fixture in the team to me. He may not be doing very well right now, but he's such a team player that changing him now could upset the balance. I'm confident that he's going to put in some very good races soon.
    Leave Alonso at McLaren... it was his dream team after all. I'm sure in 5 years time they might actually even become the 2nd best team... after the Reds.
    I hold grudges.
    But if anyone has to replace Kimi right now or next year, I think I would prefer Sainz, Bottas, Perez in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Alonso had his chance, and like someone mentioned earlier.. abandoned us because we were a 2nd rate team. Now that we're competitive, it wouldn't feel right to just let him step into a winning car. Vettel is settling in nicely and the team seems very content. He's motivating them and they are behind him. Kimi is a fixture in the team to me. He may not be doing very well right now, but he's such a team player that changing him now could upset the balance. I'm confident that he's going to put in some very good races soon.
    Leave Alonso at McLaren... it was his dream team after all. I'm sure in 5 years time they might actually even become the 2nd best team... after the Reds.
    I hold grudges.
    But if anyone has to replace Kimi right now or next year, I think I would prefer Sainz, Bottas, Perez in that order.
    Totally agreed with you, He and his management team rubbished us. I am also glad Alison left.

Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

We have bigger fish to fry ATM and it's only been 2 races. Also, any comments Marchionne may have about Kimi should be directed to him, not the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Vettel/Alonso would be the strongest pairing bar none. I can't see it happening, though. Ferrari is now Vettel's team.

Alonso is a divisive person, he makes too much noise and contribute little to team success. big team would really want him right now, the only team that may take him i if Hamilton do a runner like Rosberg did, but i doubt this

Maybe its me but has anyone noticed how Vettel is so "Schumacher-esque" lately. The win in Melbourne: joyous, jumping up and down (no bunny-hop as MS would do), the "inspector" (he is inspecting Mercedes and Redbull cars after the race)....little innuendo's that so remind me of Michael. He is I would say the most knowledgeable F1 driver on the grid: he is one-to-one with his mechanics, engineers, his whole team and gets to know their families; knows the ins and outs of "Gina" including all the settings and mappings and mechanicals. Even during testing as Hamilton feels its a waist of time; Vettels ideology: "I would rather be driving than sitting at home doing nothing." Two multiple world champions with different sets of ideologies on and off the track....Love Sebs ideology.

I believe Kimi doesent have that drive anymore. Not that i am biased against Kimi or anything but what i find annoying is lack of consistency . How many times have we seen him caught napping at starts and re-starts. He was fine at Barcelona testing. Guess he is not good at managing pressure anymore. How many times we have seen him setting fl when it least mattered. From media reports and expert opinion, the car is easy to set up, its on rails right from the word go . I was surprised how balanced the car was in FP3 in china in those tricky conditions when others were still trying to find the sweet spot. If Kimi had managed to keep Ric behind at the start of the race in China, i think the race win could have been ours. Thats where he completely lost it and even his own race.
    Is it me or the starts where Ferraris use to shine is not kicking in for us anymore. The new Merc finger hole starts or whatever they call them is atleast as good as ours. What we need is consistency from Kimi and shame we aint seeing it from him anymore.
    Just my 2 cents

Maybe its me but has anyone noticed how Vettel is so "Schumacher-esque" lately. The win in Melbourne: joyous, jumping up and down (no bunny-hop as MS would do), the "inspector" (he is inspecting Mercedes and Redbull cars after the race)....little innuendo's that so remind me of Michael. He is I would say the most knowledgeable F1 driver on the grid: he is one-to-one with his mechanics, engineers, his whole team and gets to know their families; knows the ins and outs of "Gina" including all the settings and mappings and mechanicals. Even during testing as Hamilton feels its a waist of time; Vettels ideology: "I would rather be driving than sitting at home doing nothing." Two multiple world champions with different sets of ideologies on and off the track....Love Sebs ideology.
    I agree totally! That's why it's so annoying when after one (or two) poor races everyone on here jumps up and down demanding they be replaced. I've said this before - but it was only a few short months ago when the thread "what is going on with Sebastian Vettel" was started to discuss who his replacement should be... and the thread "why raikkonen is delivering for Ferrari" got started. People have such short memories! Now we're back to bashing raikkonen. Give it a race or two and it will be Vettel's turn again... It is ohhh so frustrating.

Let's not forget that it was Ferrari's undoing for A DECADE by simply firing people immediately after a poor performance. Let the team grow. We're in great shape and have faith in the whole team right now. Look at what they've achieved over the winter and thus far this season.

100% Ricciardo. Proven can even beat Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    Alonso, the only driver on the grid to pretty much despise Seb is Alonso.

I think everyone despises Seb. Even his mother.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post

I think everyone despises Seb. Even his mother.
    He is winning our heart with this year drive

Only good replacement is Ricciardo in my opinion. Not easy to get but the only one that could be available. Alonso, Ham and Verst are not realistic and the others are just a downgrade from Kimi. Still cant believe how they botched his strategy in China, they didnt do Seb any favours either

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    100% Ricciardo. Proven can even beat Vettel.
    Now getting beaten by MAx.

Even when he lined up out of his grid slot... when asked about it he said there wasn't anything in the rules against how he lined up. So he knows his stuff.

OK , I've read the posts and some of them gave me a migraine... ;)
    0. Ya, the way this goes, unless Kimi does an 180 degrees, he needs to eventually go.
    1. I don't see how Grosjean or Perez would be better replacements for Kimi; At one point I thought of that for Perez but in all honesty I don't see that right now.
    2. I cannot understand those that want Alonso back. His age alone is a factor, for a team that wants to build for the future. I am sorry but that is what it is; I don't say that Alonso is not a great driver, quite the opposite. But if Ferrari looks ahead ,Alonso should not be the option.
    3. Hamilton ... I don't like the guy , but quite frankly I like the driver. But does he fit to the team if Vettel is part of it? hm....
    4. Max. Same question to (3.) Also, in regards to some of the comments (that goes to Ric too), in the world of F1, contracts are meant to be broken. Also, if Ferrari was to prove at least competitive , let alone win one of the two (or even both) titles this year, do you really think one of those, or both drivers would not care to join the Scuderia?
    5. Seb. I don't believe that if this year Ferrari is competitive and does not win the title he 'll leave. If he sees potential to the team and effort, (which is the opposite of last year), he will extend contract. If this is one of last year's repeat well.... hm.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Ferrari should have signed Hulkenberg instead od bringing Kimi back. Providing Sebastian stays on in 2018, I'd like to see Ferrari taking a chance on a young guy like Sainz or Giovinazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Remember that without Alonso 2010-2014 would have been so awful - an average of 1-2 podium finishes per season with no wins for his team-mates. He was putting Ferrari in places they shouldn't be. Vettel is his worthy replacement and they both damaged Raikkonen's legacy as well.

I don't know the numbers but I doubt Ferrari is paying Kimi much less and definitely can afford to spend a few millions more if necessary. Fernando himself is willing to lose a few millions to get a winning car rather than a last/second-to-last car.
    Kimi is around 10 million. I am against bringing back Alonso. Too much politics, disrupts harmony, divides the team. We are where we are because of the the organisation is happy and working well together. Dont think Mercedes will get him either

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Kimi is around 10 million. I am against bringing back Alonso. Too much politics, disrupts harmony, divides the team. We are where we are because of the the organisation is happy and working well together
    We need a clear 2
    Pérez or GRO maybe SAI
    GIO is too green

Remember that without Alonso 2010-2014 would have been so awful - an average of 1-2 podium finishes per season with no wins for his team-mates. He was putting Ferrari in places they shouldn't be. Vettel is his worthy replacement and they both damaged Raikkonen's legacy as well.

I don't know the numbers but I doubt Ferrari is paying Kimi much less and definitely can afford to spend a few millions more if necessary. Fernando himself is willing to lose a few millions to get a winning car rather than a last/second-to-last car.
    I should point out that what is in the past, indeed is in the past.
    I don't say that in order to minimize whatever Alonso has offered to the team for the years he was a part of it; however, fact remains that for the victories that he brought to the team,the team also suffered from politics, power plays and eventually his ego.

One should say that ok, being the driver that he is, ego is a part of him and I would agree, however I would suggest that for instance the team never suffered in this way on account of Schumacher even if one could equally say there were times that Michael did push for things and of course the team was built around him.
    The difference is, Michael came to the team to build along with what came to be known as the dream team in order to restore Ferrari to its glory and bring them out of its stone age years perse, whereas Alonso came to an already established team.

So it is not at any rate an apple to apple comparison.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve