Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi wasn't so bad yesterday could have been 3rd if he did not need to call the team up and remind them he needed a strategy. Much like China it seems we are doing a very good strategy with Seb and forgetting we have another car, something the team needs to look at.
    Hmm, this is a very strange statement by you. I'm a Kimi fan and i thought he was terrible considering he got passed by both Red Bulls at the start which ruined his race. If it wasn't for that, he would've been third, no doubt.

I agree! Why did they not simply shadow Seb's strategy? He would have been much faster on fresher tyres and would have had more time to use them, considering how much faster than Bottas he was at the end. Kimi seems to be fundamentally harder on the tyres, so they should really stop trying to just leave him out forever. Kimi made a great point on the radio... he was already struggling with a power issue, the newer tyres would have offset his poor pace to some extent... they know this! Why is he having to tell them?!

With Seb it's working perfectly... I hope they can play the game a bit better with Kimi without sacrificing Seb's strategy.

Wait until massa retires at the end of the season and make him come out of retirement again.

But seriously, I have the feeling the redfools will start favoring Voostaffen and Ricciardo will get disgruntled and seek out the ferrari seat, which I would absolutely love being a Perth local.
    But then I expect vettel to block the move and make ferrari to go for a proper 'second' driver ala hulkenberg, grosjean or perez so he can have his way with them..
    Which would probably be the sensible move, it worked well in the Schuey in years.

Bring Alonso back.

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    But then I expect vettel to block the move and make ferrari to go for a proper 'second' driver ala hulkenberg, grosjean or perez so he can have his way with them..
    Which would probably be the sensible move, it worked well in the Schuey in years.
    Seb will most definitely block a move like Alonso, but i think he can work with Ricciardo. As i can see, they are pretty friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hmm, this is a very strange statement by you. I'm a Kimi fan and i thought he was terrible considering he got passed by both Red Bulls at the start which ruined his race. If it wasn't for that, he would've been third, no doubt.
    agree with you...Seb did take different move on ham at turn1 start of the race & he was always in the mirrors of Bottas. such was the pace.

Kimi had 2 issues
    1) he didnt have perfect start, although we he was trying to make up for it where he did make a move on riccardo & Max he coudlnt put enough on it By that time massa passed him. I reckon if it was perez or max or sainz they would have made a move on riccardo at that start.
    2) He was struck behind massa for some time, after passing him he didn't have that pace to match riccardo & max.
    As that battle was going on at the front, team preferred seb for pit strategy.

Before SC vet did FL's so he did come out on top after SC was IN. Where kimi didn't show that pace, so he go struck behind Massa again.

Anyways he finished ahead of RB's. & made good moves to pass massa.

Well, next year with another driver will make things better.

The Mercs finish 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3..................just puttin that out there folks with regards to Kimi and/or his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The Mercs finish 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3..................just puttin that out there folks with regards to Kimi and/or his situation.
    I must have missed the Merc 1-2?

Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi is 4 points off Bottas who will be his target to beat while Seb takes care of Lewis.
    And 'another one bites to dust' .

Although i must admit, some do make it so easy for you.

How I enjoy Seb's 5th. victory with us..first one for red under the floodlights in Bahrain..

Full confidence in Kimi for the remainder of the season. Don't worry about his replacement at all.

sorry Greig, my bad.......2-3, 1-6, 2-3.....your right

"I'm very proud of my team today," Checo said. "To finish seventh after starting from P18 is an amazing recovery and we can be very happy tonight.

"I think we made the most of every opportunity and the whole team – the engineers and the mechanics – played their part in executing a perfect race. We showed, once again, that we never give up on Sundays and we can come back strong after a difficult qualifying."

Just as impressively, this was Perez's 13th consecutive points finish in a row – the Mexican's best ever run, and also the best on the current grid. Indeed only 10 drivers in history have ever managed more.

About perez.

I see perez & hulk as a good choice to Vet. Team players + In the race aggressive moves + when it matters mostly they will deliver that quali lap.

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    But seriously, I have the feeling the redfools will start favoring Voostaffen and Ricciardo will get disgruntled and seek out the ferrari seat, which I would absolutely love being a Perth local.
    Interesting and plausable however this would mean Ricciardo would have been easily beaten. He has a contract which would cost a fortune to buy out yet you would be paying for Red Bulls sloppy seconds. Same goes in reverse if Max wanted out. Yesterday was progress 1st time Kimi finished in sight of a Merc on pure race pace. He can build on that.

And if he manages to beat Bottas by a margin, maybe he will get a contract renewal?

I guess I am alone on this one, but as i am enjoying this season so far why do i want to fix something that is not broken? I don't want Kimi to go and i certainly don't want Alonso back. He is a disruptive force in the team when he does not get his way regardless how good he drives. Sooner keep Kimi as he will deliver as the season progresses. Blimey some of you are whiny little toy throwers. Just a week a before the season started you had given up on Ferrari, now they are delivering the goods its still not good enough you want to sack a driver three races in!!!

^We don't need Alonso anyway, we got Seb. Why destroy the harmony, right? Besides, Ferrari are not known for having two top drivers in their cars.

Vettel is Schumi
    Kimi is Rubens now.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by eugene22n View Post
    Bring Alonso back.
    No.

It makes no sense having two #1 drivers (actually that just cannot be in a team like Ferrari).

However what we do need, is not to focus on just Seb and let Kimi wander alone. Ferrari needs to improve themselves in the strategy area so both drivers get results.
    Want Seb #1, very well, but Kimi needs the support to deliver as #2, so we snatch both WCC and WDC.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Vettel is Schumi
    Kimi is Rubens now.
    Exactly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No.

It makes no sense having two #1 drivers (actually that just cannot be in a team like Ferrari).

However what we do need, is not to focus on just Seb and let Kimi wander alone. Ferrari needs to improve themselves in the strategy area so both drivers get results.
    Want Seb #1, very well, but Kimi needs the support to deliver as #2, so we snatch both WCC and WDC.
    I agree. I won't mind two #1 drivers only if Ferrari are sure they are going to dominate like Mercedes was the last three years. However, you can never be 100% sure so...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No.

Correct.....Ferrari will not take Alonso back; he should not come back. Kimi needs to fight Bottas if both drivers are to be support drivers while Vettel and Lewis duke it out up front. Kimi HAS to be in front of Bottas on every race in order to win the WCC and WDC....otherwise the Mercs will slowly and patiently eat away any points Kimi has to solidify the WCC because thats where battle for the WCC is.....Kimi and Bottas. We all know Vettel has the means and the car to beat Lewis as he is consistent in true race form.

Is it possible they were seriously thinking of keeping him out there on a one stopper and hoping he would be able to keep Bottas behind after his stop on lap 30?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    ^We don't need Alonso anyway, we got Seb. Why destroy the harmony, right? Besides, Ferrari are not known for having two top drivers in their cars.
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).

I mean by all means Raikkonen can improve, but he's not gonna be around come 2020, so if this year is a lacklustre year then new blood for sure!

Imagine if Ferrari announces Maldonado! Would cause shockwaves

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I mean by all means Raikkonen can improve, but he's not gonna be around come 2020, so if this year is a lacklustre year then new blood for sure!

Only marginally, I think. Time is his enemy now. Kimi Raikkello.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post

thats not funny; "Crashtor" Maldonado....what a waist to money.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).
    Good point! We should get Alonso.
    Silently, like a shadow