Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I still think Alonso... but if you want a no.2 driver, then the Hulk might be a good replacement.
    Perez too is a good option. Or bottas, since he is a 'Gentleman' at bending over on team orders in the 3rd race of the season.

Ric or max will have the same problem as Alonso. They will beat Seb and he wont like it.
    Alonso is very tricky for me even Pat Simon who worked with him for a long time said Alonso is very tricky to manage, yes his team has problem but the way he goes about it is so immature, he also carries baggage everywhere he goes, its me me me, but formula 1 is a teams sport. He left Ferrari for the money and said to Ferrari, MacHonda has better plan than Ferrari, Vettel would be with us for a while so we need a Younger driver.

Mark my words: Kimi will start winning races soon and you all will be quiet....

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Alonso is very tricky for me even Pat Simon who worked with him for a long time said Alonso is very tricky to manage, yes his team has problem but the way he goes about it is so immature, he also carries baggage everywhere he goes, its me me me, but formula 1 is a teams sport. He left Ferrari for the money and said to Ferrari, MacHonda has better plan than Ferrari, Vettel would be with us for a while so we need a Younger driver.
    You will not find a SINGLE driver in the paddock who is there for the 'Team'. Each one is there for himself. These are perhaps the best 20 race car pilots in the world. So its almost natural that most of them have HUGE egos. At least the good ones. And Alonso is the best there is.
    He left Ferrari because after 5 years, he saw Ferrari was not making any progress. McLaren had a more promising "plan", Cant blame him really. I dunno why everyone gets their panties in a twist about this. Their careers are short. They need to make the most of it.
    Look at Seb. One year RBR runs into trouble and he ran to us. Talk about loyalties to a team that gave him 4 titles back to back. So make no mistake about it, if this year car was also a lemon, you would be looking for a replacement for Seb instead of kimi.

Point is to get the best drivers for our car. You cant get emotional about it and sit with the past. Right now, there are 3 top drivers. Alonso, Seb and Lewis. And coming up fast would be Max and Ric.
    You need to get one or two of these drivers in your team.
    Silently, like a shadow

You will not find a SINGLE driver in the paddock who is there for the 'Team'. Each one is there for himself. These are perhaps the best 20 race car pilots in the world. So its almost natural that most of them have HUGE egos. At least the good ones. And Alonso is the best there is.
    He left Ferrari because after 5 years, he saw Ferrari was not making any progress. McLaren had a more promising "plan", Cant blame him really. I dunno why everyone gets their panties in a twist about this. Their careers are short. They need to make the most of it.
    Look at Seb. One year RBR runs into trouble and he ran to us. Talk about loyalties to a team that gave him 4 titles back to back. So make no mistake about it, if this year car was also a lemon, you would be looking for a replacement for Seb instead of kimi.

Point is to get the best drivers for our car. You cant get emotional about it and sit with the past. Right now, there are 3 top drivers. Alonso, Seb and Lewis. And coming up fast would be Max and Ric.
    Well said! We've got a good pairing right now. When Kimi gets his setup issue worked out they will be back on song. Oh and a little more attention to a decent #2 car strategy will help. I am ready to enjoy the rest of this promising season!!!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I have no problem when a driver moves from one team to the next; as is the case when an up-and-coming driver(young) starts with a lesser team and moves up. Ex. Vettel - STR, RB, now Ferrari. Schumi - Benetton, Ferrari, MB.

That said Alonso's tally is numerous:

1. Minardi
    2. Renault
    3. Mclaren
    4. Ferrari
    5. Mclaren
    6. (hypothetical) Renault

So really 5 moves so far with a possible 6th. The question is not Alonso's talented driving "race-craft" on the track, its his attitude off the track towards TEAM MANAGEMENT. He is abrasive and has a history of "DRAMA" whether its scandal(Mclaren/MB) or bad-mouthing the team (Ferrari, Mclaren/Honda). Its understandable the situation he is in with Honda but you are the spokesperson for a multi-billion dollar organization and you should act accordingly regardless of the situation....its not his fault and EVERYONE knows its Honda's fault given these past 3yrs. Its amazing they still believe in him after all he has done given his historic drama off the track; on the track....totally different as he is talented. You have to wonder if anyone is ready to deal with his drama off the track, as well as, his history with other teams. I know of one that mostly likely won't touch him; the other no longer exits.

Alonso is too much of a drama queen (lol) he makes too much noise when everybody knows for example that Honda was down on power. He got what he want and he has been shopping himself to the likes of Red Bull and Mercedes who i heard he offered to drive for them for free but nobody want to even touch him with a long stick. His manager was recently talking nonsense about Ferrari before the start of 2017 season
    Ferrari don't want the return of the drama queen a saying says you should not return to a place you have spited upon. Ferrari will do better without Alonso.

The Irony of this is i started supporting Ferrari when MS (whom i met at a motor show in Frankfurt) was driving for Ferrari and since then I have made Ferrari my team, and when Vettel started driving for the sister team for Red Bull I saw MS attitude in him and knew he would drive for Ferrari one day so I gave him a a nick name Vetalo which is what i use on this site.

If we give him a winning car this year H e would not be leaving us because his aim has always been to surpass MS record.
    Last edited by vetalo; 20th April 2017 at 12:30.

If mercedes lost Hamilton, they would take Alonso in a second

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    If mercedes lost Hamilton, they would take Alonso in a second

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Alonso tried with Mercedes but Lewis "vetoed" him out. It is unlikely that Lewis will leave Mercedes as Lewis has a say of who his team-mate is AND NOT Mercedes.

Antonio @ Sauber finishing say 8th to 12 pos. for that experience in traffic is great and very important. As soon as Kimi is ready, put him in a real car and he will be the man! As long as Seb says it's ok. No need for Ferrari to pay a heavy salary for a driver who will be only used as a #2 driver. The F1 big shots will also love the boom in F1 attendance with an Italian driving for Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I have no problem when a driver moves from one team to the next; as is the case when an up-and-coming driver(young) starts with a lesser team and moves up. Ex. Vettel - STR, RB, now Ferrari. Schumi - Benetton, Ferrari, MB.

That said Alonso's tally is numerous:

1. Minardi
    2. Renault
    3. Mclaren
    4. Renault (08)
    5. Ferrari
    6. Mclaren
    7. (hypothetical) Renault.

Fixed that for you
    Like you i once was
    Like me you will be.

If Kimi still has issues it would have been wise to put him in the Bahrain test, to learn more and to adjust those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    I would rather have Alonso in a Ferrari than as a rival in a competitive car.
    #1 and #2 driver will sort itself out during the season anyway (cfr 2007-2010).
    But he can't be a rival in a competitive car, that's for certain. No top team wants him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    If Kimi still has issues it would have been wise to put him in the Bahrain test, to learn more and to adjust those issues.
    weird decision indeed

Maybe he was asked?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe he was asked?
    And he said no? I thought he can't do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe he was asked?
    After Bahrain he looked dissapointed of where he is in the standings and wanted to improve ASAP. I am sure if he was asked he would have went

Sure he would've stayed if Ferrari wanted him to test. He himself said that
    those missed testing sessions has made it difficult to get the set up right.

Was it just last year when Arrivabene said about Kimi, that he needs to feel the
    support of the team to perform at his best. Hard to say how things are inside
    the team, but to outside it seems that it has been all about Seb lately

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    I sincerely hope so. I have a feeling that it may not be in F1, though

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

After Bahrain he looked dissapointed of where he is in the standings and wanted to improve ASAP. I am sure if he was asked he would have went
    Well I am sure he can do as much work in the simulator as he wants?
    Forza Ferrari

Perhaps he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Perhaps he does.
    His issues suggest otherwise, but yeah perhaps he does, just like perhaps he did not want to test.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes, that must be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yes, that must be it.
    If you say so.
    Forza Ferrari

This video shows that Kimi is a dedicated driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    i am not that sure but i hope he does deliver for the sake of the team.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    i am not that sure but i hope he does deliver for the sake of the team.
    I think he will. He is known to up his game after heavy criticism.

Ferrari needs to allow Kimi's car to be set up to be the on pole Ferrari, and he will do the rest as long as the pit crew are for him winning also. I read here many times that Ferrari no longer has #1,#2 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    This video shows that Kimi is a dedicated driver.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTK6QJbMi4Q
    Don't think I have ever seen him like that before.

Disappointed Since 2010

let's wait and see.
    Forza Ferrari