Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Giovanazzi - I understand Sauber has no cars left.

I would go with Max. He wound me up last year just like Nando and Hamster did when they were threatening our drivers in the past in teir rookie year. It would be a marriage made in heavan.
    So bring him on, I'm sure I could pay him more than the pittance he's being paid by RB
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Alonso gets paid $40 million from Mclaren/Honda....thats all I'm gonna say.
    give him 41 then. its not our money. and imagine the PR perspective. ALO and VET head to head. they are both fairly mature.
    we're number one

Holy hell. This should be called the "Chicken Little Forum" He was okay in Australia, sure he kinda sucked it up a bit in China, but its only been two raced.

I know I am bias as he is my favorite driver, I saw him in a red car in Indy in 2007 and that was awesome.

For selfish reasons I want him to stay in 2018 so that I can see my favorite driver, Kimi, in my favorite team, Ferrari, at my favorite track, Spa.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    give him 41 then. its not our money. and imagine the PR perspective. ALO and VET head to head. they are both fairly mature.
    Ferrari pays Vettel $50 million and Kimi $7 million. I don't think they will pay Alonso $40 million let alone $30 million so with that be said, it has to be an up and coming driver.

Which drivers are available for 2018? Bear in mind that it could be that two are needed.

Which drivers are available for 2018? Bear in mind that it could be that two are needed.
    All of them probably Can't see why Seb would be leaving though.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari pays Vettel $50 million and Kimi $7 million. I don't think they will pay Alonso $40 million let alone $30 million so with that be said, it has to be an up and coming driver.
    It will be an established driver.
    Forza Ferrari

Ricci, Perez, Sainz, Grosjean........then there is Bottas, Alonso, Kimi....oh forgot Massa

two in mind: Paul di Resta(reserve driver), Alex Lynn(GP2), Pierre Gasly (GP2)

Pascal looks to be out the rest of the season. That crash at ROC really did a number on his back so Sauber is stuck with GIO (I bet they want Pascal back)...go figure.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 10th April 2017 at 18:41.

di Resta? come off it LOL and we won't take from GP2.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    di Resta? come off it LOL and we won't take from GP2.
    to fill in the mid-tier or back marker teams...so it has to be one of the first 4 I mentioned

I have always been a kimi fan, wow this guy used to be one of the fastest drivers in f1, but yes i do agree that he is past is best unfortunately. I have also learned to be more a team player rather than favoring one of our drives. I support both of them 100% win or loose. As for a driver to replace kimi........guy's sometimes for the love of the sport we have to be honest and give credit where it's dew. We all know that there is one driver that will do the job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    i'd forgive Alonso. Bring him back. He is still the best there is out there.

Agreed!!!!

Although, if Ferrari can get Max then that is great. He has awesome raw speed and potential, but you also have to say he needs to get more experience and learn how to drive around a cars problems.

Please never ever Grosjean...

Oldonso is almost the same age as Kimi

Hi everyone .Maybe Rosberg come to SF

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    Hi everyone .Maybe Rosberg come to SF
    Rosberg got his championship....he is done as thats what his life long dream is plus he stated " there is more to life than F1"; time to raise a family as that is his focus.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I'd love to see Daniel in red!, Max would be good too but I bet his contract is watertight right now. as for the others
    I'd welcome Alonso back, I think Sainz would be good too. The only drivers I would dislike to see at Ferrari are Massa (again), Stroll, Wehrlein and Palmer.
    oh and the day Ferrari hires Hamilton is the day I cease to be a Ferrari fan.. sorry, just being honest.

Romain Grosjean. Good driver. Wants to drive for the team. Unusually for an F1 driver, a nice chap AFAIAA.
    Trying to be less angry..

Not too sure about Giovanazzi(sp?) after his twin (major) *** ups in China!
    Trying to be less angry..

I don't really rate Perez, I wouldn't want to see him in Ferrari, has the odd glimmer of brilliance, then drops off for a few races.

As for Grosjean... I'm not sure, hey if K-Mag starts smashing it at Haas, why not him?! Give us the old one up on Macca!

Or yeah ideally Ricciardo with Sainz replacing him. Then Torro Rosso bringing in Gasly and probably someone to replace Kvyat

Max V

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Max is hungry young man, but drives like a SuperStar. He has contract till the end of 2018 with options. Ferrari always take the best drivers. And Max is best.

I have to say that in China that first lap was just amazing, he did keep safe distance, did not take any risks, and still 9 overtakes.

Rosberg got his championship....he is done as thats what his life long dream is plus he stated " there is more to life than F1"; time to raise a family as that is his focus.
    You never know, he might get bored, get the urge to race again and decide to make a surprise comeback. Besides, there were rumors that Nico was in talks with Ferrari last year so he might wanna drive for Ferrari.

This is a very good point. Ferrari will have to pay Alonso at least $30 million in order for him to sign. However, you never know with Ferrari, it's a very resourceful team. Nevertheless, you also have Seb in the team who might not be too glad to have Alonso as a teammate.

All of them probably Can't see why Seb would be leaving though.
    Me neither. If we had a weak car, sure, but with this performance i see no reason.

Contracts for F1 drivers are hardly concrete so if Ferrari wanted Max then I imagine he would be interested, no team wants a driver that has no desire to be there.
    Sometimes they are concrete, but sometimes they are not. If Max has a performance clause in his contract then maybe, but i kind of doubt it. Most probably it will be up to Red Bull if they would want to sell his contract or not and no way they would want to sell their superstar.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11th April 2017 at 01:50.

Giovanazzi - I understand Sauber has no cars left.
    Crashed twice in a weekend at the same spot. I can't see any quality in him..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Oldonso is almost the same age as Kimi
    Did you see his driving at mclaren even with that medicore car !??
    Or atleast this year first two races. He never gives his position too easily. That's the instinct needed.
    I see the same passion in max (but inexperienced), ric (similar to alonso), Perez (very matured as a driver). Pretty robust.

I think that Ferrari should let Kimi race till the end of the season and end his carrer with the team he scored the only WC. I know he is not in a good shape at the moment but i dont think we can get better solution for this year, but for the next one.. I just dont know who to bring.. the best drivers are under contracts, Vettel wouldn't like Alonso in the same team and than we stay with only clear second drivers as Gro, Per,.. One funny solution.. Rober Kubica said last year in one interview that he feels ready to try F1 again.. Maybe Ferrari should try him out after the season and see if he is still as fast as he was. In the end he would be very cheap and Vettel would remain clear number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I think that Ferrari should let Kimi race till the end of the season and end his carrer with the team he scored the only WC. I know he is not in a good shape at the moment but i dont think we can get better solution for this year, but for the next one.. I just dont know who to bring.. the best drivers are under contracts, Vettel wouldn't like Alonso in the same team and than we stay with only clear second drivers as Gro, Per,.. One funny solution.. Rober Kubica said last year in one interview that he feels ready to try F1 again.. Maybe Ferrari should try him out after the season and see if he is still as fast as he was. In the end he would be very cheap and Vettel would remain clear number one.
    I think it's not the stage to experiment with driver who is feeling to come back after long time. I know he's very good driver.
    But at this stage that too with this year's strong car, should not take a chance. Should look for experienced & who has proven.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think it's not the stage to experiment with driver who is feeling to come back after long time. I know he's very good driver.
    But at this stage that too with this year's strong car, should not take a chance. Should look for experienced & who has proven.
    yep as is the case with F1, they always draw from the mid-level or back marker teams, young, established, current driver.

yep as is the case with F1, they always draw from the mid-level or back marker teams, young, established, current driver.
    RB will always try to take that risk, because its energy drink company.
    Ferrari is a brand & it has history.