Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fernando Alonso to compete in 2017 Indy 500

Alonso made the Indy 500 a race worth watching. I had no doubt his skill was enough he could do the race without embarrassment, but he seriously looked like an Ace out there. Sure he was amongst the best team, but he legit had a chance to win.

But leave it to Honda to let him down again. When he won his 2 championships with Renault against Ferrari, I wasn't a fan. But now, I can't help be saddened at seeing such a great talent be wasted in crap cars.

Alonso made the Indy 500 a race worth watching. I had no doubt his skill was enough he could do the race without embarrassment, but he seriously looked like an Ace out there. Sure he was amongst the best team, but he legit had a chance to win.

But leave it to Honda to let him down again. When he won his 2 championships with Renault against Ferrari, I wasn't a fan. But now, I can't help be saddened at seeing such a great talent be wasted in crap cars.

Well said and agree. As much as I talked about his "toxicity" with his F1 teams of his past, the way he represented himself during the pre/post/banquet conferences/dinner while at Indy was "a class act" all the way around; humble, sincere, happy. The way the fans (most probably have no idea about who he really is - just some spaniard coming from F1) gave him a standing ovation when the Honda crapped out on him and he exited out of the car was truly and eye-opener of acceptance and applause for at least trying Indy. While on the track, he looked poised and patient....he looked like a natural at Indy. He brought so much media attention to Indy as a horde of jounalists/photographers were always with him. The other guys at Indy considered themselves "the other 32." Then there are the other 32 guys at Indy that accepted him with open arms and gave him the respect on the track....the whole event was spectacular on all levels of motorsport racing from an North American aspect as well as a global aspect. I don't know if you or I will ever witness such granduer in motorsport racing that just took place at the Indy500. He should return.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He is just great inside and outside of the car, just great.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post

Including, sadly, ours

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus