Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I think this circuit is not good for the 2017 cars, so it's not good to the SF70H

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    track record was broken almost by 1 second

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seb had scrappy 2nd q3run... I think he would have closed atleast .2ths. But not pole.
    It might be the circuit that caught us. Let's hope that's the only reason. Else we r down again where RB will attack us.
    Really..? You believe what Niki said that it was circuit specific..They are clearly miles ahead of us, we've got to accept it and practice to live with it.. Though its hard to do.. I personally don't think merc don't need to bring any engine upgrades all season long.. U got us merc SOBs.. I seriously hope not to hear that we are the fastest from them again.. Had to vent out somewhere...!!

Disappointing qualifying for Scuderia but the race is tomorrow and Sunday's pace is usually better. Will be surprised if the silver cars pull away and dominate.

Happy for Bottas, his first pole and beating Hamilton. Consolation for Ferrari underperformance.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How is that trolling? and is he wrong?
    I think he might be not right, but I was looking at the times from Ferrari in FP2, I do not think we are that fast.
    I think Hamilton and Bottas were ultra consistent, compared to us. I hope I am wrong.
    Maybe in FP2, Ferrari setup was not perfect, but we were all over the place.

Fair weather fans in full flow today
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Really..? You believe what Niki said that it was circuit specific..They are clearly miles ahead of us, we've got to accept it and practice to live with it.. Though its hard to do.. I personally don't think merc don't need to bring any engine upgrades all season long.. U got us merc SOBs.. I seriously hope not to hear that we are the fastest from them again.. Had to vent out somewhere...!!
    I feel your pain brother, I had hope that sameway...somehow.... and Easily Easily proven not to be

Bahrain not have long fast curves like Shanghai. Red Bull low drag cars is lot closer to Ferrari because of this. Even works Renault is much closer.

I am not disappointed at all with where we are after Qualifying I am expecting Ferrari to do well in the race stream. I think the uniqueness of the circuit was not so suitable for our car but we are still in the shout for a win. I am hoping Vettel will get a good start tomorrow and then we will see. We can't suddenly be bad. my only concerned is Kimi, He said last week is has got a the solution, but today he was still complaining.

That was disappointing to say the least
    I thought we are gonna be 2 tenths down or something in Qualy,but almost a half second is worrying gap to be honest.I hope this is a one off ,or that the power tracks just suite the Merc much better ,cause 3 tenths in a week time , its simply too much..
    Yeah I saw too , Seb was quite disappointed,maybe the updates arent working ,but still to be behind a Red Bull is embarassing.Kimi should retire,I know lot of you think he has problems ,understeer,engine,front end , blablalbla.He will be 38 this year and there is lot of more drivers who can get payed less and are young and deserve to drive in a top team.I just hope tomorrow we are more faster and at least can split the Mercs.I guess its just a waiting game..

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I think this circuit is not good for the 2017 cars, so it's not good to the SF70H

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Bahrain is a power circuit first of all (so not surprising that Mercedes is faster) and also, it's rear limited, so RBR being competitive because it plays into their hands.

If anything, it speaks volumes about Ferrari's aero as on non-power tracks we're closer in quali.

I dont think we can pull back .5 in the race.
    Pat Symonds from SkyF1 was saying that he heard in the Mercedes team radio, they were talking about having .5 in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Yes, I am disappointed. But, I am saying he is trolling because, he is saying Ferrari is still fast, Ferrari are setting up the car for the race, they had understeer, so it means its for the race.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    track record was broken almost by 1 second
    yep

I also don't know why people here as so bugged down with what Toto and Niki or Hamilton is say; its the kind of gamesmanship that both Merc and Red Bull usually play. my focus is Ferrari and Ferrari only.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    third race for Bot and beats Hamster, never see that coming, congrats to Bottas
    To be fair, Hamilton messed up his lap. Still before that Bottas was breathing down his neck. Yes, well done to Bottas for his first career F1 Pole

Also, some people were talking about how Bahrain will be a Ferrari circuit, a rear dependent circuit is a good circuit for Ferrari.

Hi guys!!!

Quite a bit disappointed...And I just heard Pat Symons saying on an interview that all teams hear all the communications, and he said that at some point, He heard Toto saying " that´s ok, we still have half a second in the bag"

Now...They are playing with us!!!!

I dont think we can pull back .5 in the race.
    Pat Symonds from SkyF1 was saying that he heard in the Mercedes team radio, they were talking about having .5 in the bag.
    You realise race pace is very different to qualifying pace right?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    To be fair, Hamilton messed up his lap. Still before that Bottas was breathing down his neck. Yes, well done to Bottas for his first career F1 Pole
    okey, I did not know that, so it means gap is even bigger than 0.5

Well,

Having .5 of a second in the bag for quali means we might no be able to ever get a pole position...
    But that .5 of a second might not be used in race...

Also, some people were talking about how Bahrain will be a Ferrari circuit, a rear dependent circuit is a good circuit for Ferrari.
    been hearing that since Aus GP

I think after Kimi's engine problem Ferrari have had to change engine mapping and are hoping to take it to them in the long runs on the track cause we can follow behind without much issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well your sure back into old patterns.
    I just see them mate, no one would be happier than me if I'm wrong

I think with the new regulations it could have changed. Power circuits like Bahrain, Canada or Monza look to suit Mercedes more now, while Ferrari may be the favourite in Barcelona because being nowhere near Merc in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Well said, pulling a carrot and stick on Ferrari
    LOOL! Do we know what we can stick in front of Vettel? I know, in front of Kimi, you can put Vodka, or Wisky or some type of good quality alcohol.

how can you say updates didnt work? lol

if you dont have the data, just sit and enjoy the show, didnt need to be panic.

i give you data, see our boys time improvement from q2 to q3 , and compare to others.

and for RB, compare the data from shangai & bahrain qualification time, see the gap for the fastest rb to pole sitter, you can analyze from there...

no need to blame our boys, we dont know their porgram, their development milestone...

Frustrating quali result for us after believing that we had at least got close to Merc, and our reliability is causing concern for future races and penalties. Race is tomorrow and I'm not joining the desperados just yet, but Kimi needs to shut up and get on with it.

LOOL! Do we know what we can stick in front of Vettel? I know, in front of Kimi, you can put Vodka, or Wisky or some type of good quality alcohol.
    Lol Ham's head seems like his target

Ham will do his best to overtake bottas and destroy his tyres. If Seb can keep in touch them anything is possible.