Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

all those that are talking bad of the team and saying we already lost race and the fight for champioship... if Ferrari wins , they should all print the page where they bashed the team and eat their own words

Bahrain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    How about we all wait and see how things pan out in a few hours instead of collectively freaking out? This is round 3 of 20? It's a long season, so lets chill out. This season can't be any worse than '16 or '14.
    Yep. It will take 17 more toughly contested rounds for us to have a chance at the championships; it's best that meltdowns are kept to a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they better realise the flaws early, while the gap isnt as big as last year, its getting there.... they needa close the gap asap before its Dubai GP and we still saying wait and see

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-12010414.html
    FERRARI WITH TURBOCHARGER PROBLEMS

Silver-silver-red. These are the standard colors for the winning photo after the qualification. In the first two races, the man in the red jumpsuit always stood to the right of the training fastest. This time, Sebastian Vettel took his place to the left of the two Mercedes drivers. This was not the only difference to Melbourne and Shanghai. While there were 0.293 in Australia and 0.186 seconds in Shanghai, it was almost half a second in Bahrain. To be exact: 0.478 seconds.

Sebastian Vettel also had no conclusive answer for why the distance this time was bigger. "We have lost more time than usual on the straights. We were there in the middle sector. "It could not have been at the top speed. Vettel was stopped at the end of the finish line by 0.8 km / h faster than the fastest Valtteri Bottas. On the shorter straights, however, the Mercedes had the nose ahead. At the measuring point 1 by 2.7 km / h, at the second measuring point by 3.7 km / h and on the target by 2.6 km / h. In the curving second sector, Vettel lost only 7 hundredths to Bottas. What a good balance.

Ferrari changes engines and turbochargers
    Since engine power for Ferrari was not a big handicap in the first two races, one can only guess. Kimi Raikkonen's car overheated in the first practice of the turbochargers. Ferrari exchanged the entire drive unit as a precaution. On Saturday morning, the FIA's motor report reported that Ferrari had also installed the second unit of the turbocharger, MGU-H and battery in Vettel's vehicle. Perhaps you have also decided to reduce the performance in the same breath. This would explain the time loss on the straight line.
    According to Vettel, the early exchange is not yet worrying: "It was not a planned change. But this is sometimes the price of an aggressive development. We have a lot more power than last year. "Nevertheless, the recourse to new elements of the drive unit in the third race of the year limits Ferrari in its development scope. If the first stage of the GP Canada is to come, Vettel and Raikkonen with some components would already be in the third of four permitted units.

Raikkonen dissatisfied with himself
    Despite the respect for Mercedes and the strong Longruns from Mercedes, Vettel still sees a victory. "The car felt good. Better than the actual distance. This could help us in the race. "The Melbourne winner may have left his time in his last qualifying round. "Because the gap behind me was big enough, I could risk something. Maybe I attacked a bit too much and lost time. "Vettel looks despite the respectful distance to MercedesClick here for the matching products on Amazon.de! and the strong long runs of Mercedes still a chance to win. "The car felt good. Better than the actual distance. This could help us in the race . "The Melbourne winner may have left his time in his last qualifying round. "Because the gap behind me was big enough, I could risk something. Maybe I attacked a bit too much and lost time. "
    Kimi Raikkonen made a long face for the third time this year. The Finn starts with 0.320 seconds behind Vettel only from the fifth place and even has a Red Bull in front of his nose. "The car was really good, but I did not get enough of it." Raikkonen again complained about lower taxes, but admitted, "It was not as bad as the races before. Only when I attacked did not the car fit. "Kimi RaikkonenClick here for the matching products on Amazon.de! made a long face for the third time this year. The Finn starts with 0.320 seconds behindVettelonly from the fifth place and even has aRed Bullin front of his nose. "The car was really good, but I did not get enough of it." Raikkonen again complained about lower taxes, but admitted, "It was not as bad as theracesbefore. Only when I attacked did not the car fit. "

Report : Amus f1

On other side, RB were surprised as they are claiming they didn't introduce any new parts or updates for this race.
    Its just the circuit layout & track temperatures helped tyres to fall into right window for them states christian horner & Dr. Marko. "Also may be hotter temperatures helping RB car".

I'm guessing Ferrari had to depower the engine and turbo because it was the reason we had power failures during practice, looks like we got really lucky in Aus thanks to Max

Normal service resumed I see. I hope I am wrong, I pray to God I am wrong, but season is over. The only thing I am angry about is Mercs playing with us and F1 fans, to make sure rules remain in their favor until 2020 and maybe more. This is no longer FIA controlled but MMC (Merc Managed Championship).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Normal service resumed I see. I hope I am wrong, I pray to God I am wrong, but season is over. The only thing I am angry about is Mercs playing with us and F1 fans, to make sure rules remain in their favor until 2020 and maybe more. This is no longer FIA controlled but MMC (Merc Managed Championship).
    couldnt agree with you more, plus our new car just isnt good enough with the power imo. We already on new parts, rumored tuned parts down for reliability... we'l be fighting RB next race UNLESS Sergio gets these guys working on the PU to get more increases.

The sky is falling...

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    couldnt agree with you more, plus our new car just isnt good enough with the power imo. We already on new parts, rumored tuned parts down for reliability... we'l be fighting RB next race UNLESS Sergio gets these guys working on the PU to get more increases.
    ... the sky really is falling!!

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    ... the sky really is falling!!
    ^_^ thats our chances not the sky

I still think we have a good chance in the race.

Even though Merc have an advantage in qualifying, that performance gap don't necessarily remain the same in the race. For example, if Merc is able to get the tires into optimal temperature quicker, then they will see a big advantage in qualifying but not in race.

Besides, this is a night race. I wouldn't predict the season outcome based on night race. Even Merc has had a horrible night race in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yawn. 3rd race of the season with a 1st and 2nd under our belt but ITS ALL OVER. Sigh.

Sometimes I question the mentality of some people who post on this forum. The above article clearly states Ferrari has Turbo charger problems. It could be related to the heat of the desert and our cooling system. Ferrari would never run their PU at max if it risks overheating the components. I think that is why the Gap has increased to 5 tenths. Its not that Merc is trolling everybody I think its because we couldnt give it the full beans but the race will be totally different as our drives in Particular Seb said the car felt very good meaning our updates worked well and lets not forget our car is generating a lot of downforce compared to the likes of Red bull and Maybe Mercs and Mercs run Less wing in order to keep up and use higher engine settings to compensate for the downforce difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Yawn. 3rd race of the season with a 1st and 2nd under our belt but ITS ALL OVER. Sigh.
    It's really unbelievable that some fans are so quick to throw in the towel, I can't understand it and never will.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's really unbelievable that some fans are so quick to throw in the towel, I can't understand it and never will.
    Not only towel ... everything is thrown

Now thats what i want to here.It"s not all doom and gloom.
    I can"t believe how many Ferrari fans on this forum throw in the towel after two races when wer'e in the best position wev'e ever been in the hybrid era.

what?? i really can't believe the post i am reading right now!! i am not even sure if these people here are really Ferrari supporters.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    that makes the two of us Greig.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    i am not even sure if these people here are really Ferrari supporters.
    Hey this is outright insult to us who can clearly see what is happening beyond the red-tinted spectacles of being a Tifosi - which is Merc clearly playing their script of "field is close and competitive blah blah blah". We want Ferrari to win as much as anyone here, but we are realistic as well.

Hey this is outright insult to us who can clearly see what is happening beyond the red-tinted spectacles of being a Tifosi - which is Merc clearly playing their script of "field is close and competitive blah blah blah". We want Ferrari to win as much as anyone here, but we are realistic as well.
    1st 2 races have shown its close at the front. We shall see later if it remains the case but most seem to expect Ferrari to be in with a good chance today.
    Forza Ferrari

In the 'early days' i would read overhere both cars at the clean side, no Hamilton pole and cannot wait for the start to happen

To be honest: After last year, I really didn't expect we already would have had 3 times Vettel in the FIA post- qualification press conference

Be proud of you Scuderia

Can't wait for the start to happen

Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Sometimes I question the mentality of some people who post on this forum. The above article clearly states Ferrari has Turbo charger problems. It could be related to the heat of the desert and our cooling system. Ferrari would never run their PU at max if it risks overheating the components. I think that is why the Gap has increased to 5 tenths. Its not that Merc is trolling everybody I think its because we couldnt give it the full beans but the race will be totally different as our drives in Particular Seb said the car felt very good meaning our updates worked well and lets not forget our car is generating a lot of downforce compared to the likes of Red bull and Maybe Mercs and Mercs run Less wing in order to keep up and use higher engine settings to compensate for the downforce difference.
    Yeah i agree..I think our power unit really close with Mercedes but as article states looks like we had some sort of overheating problem..Maybe that's why they turned down the power..Hopefully they can sort it out the cooling and turbocharger problem plus we had 2 days of testing after this race
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

i understand where your coming from and i am simply expressing my opinion about the negativism of some members here. of course we all want Ferrari to win but in reality, there are and will have some issues every now and then in the engine given that we have not yet perfected our reliability but that should not stop us fans from hoping that we will get over this situation. in my opinion, it's better not to say anything at all if you have nothing good to say about the team.
    Forza Ferrari

Wau you are overreacting!!! Season is over?!?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    And there is apocalypse comming, so why even bother living...?!
    Last edited by stefa; 16th April 2017 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Wau you are overreacting!!! Season is over?!?
    Stefa any predictions for today's race ??

And there is apocalypse comming, so why eveb bother living...?!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Stefa any predictions for today's race ??
    I am trying to be realistic, but my heart is telling me
    SV, LH, VB

I am trying to be realistic, but my heart is telling me
    SV, LH, VB
    Hmm wt about Kimi ??