Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Or do both? not like the engine department will be designing aero in their lunch break?
    The resource the money that goes makes the difference is what I ment

First sector alone we are loosing the chunk of time.its down to the power I think so.
    We are not equal to merc on PU terms yet might be. That's wts costing quali laps.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    First sector alone we are loosing the chunk of time.its down to the power I think so.
    We are not equal to merc on PU terms yet might be. That's wts costing quali laps.
    I think it is more than just PU, I suspect Ferrari turned down their engine after Kimi's problem, why did i say that the speed trap at 1st sector did not show much different is speed. i think we have more downforce setting to help us do better at the more slow corners. If we have a good start tomorrow we would do well and a win is possible. by problem is with the slow kimi who is going to cost us constructor's points tomorrow because captain slow won't overtake Red bull Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I think it is more than just PU, I suspect Ferrari turned down their engine after Kimi's problem, why did i say that the speed trap at 1st sector did not show much different is speed. i think we have more downforce setting to help us do better at the more slow corners. If we have a good start tomorrow we would do well and a win is possible. by problem is with the slow kimi who is going to cost us constructor's points tomorrow because captain slow won't overtake Red bull Ric.
    I heard somewhere some reports saying,
    1. Ferrari tried for race set-up to protect their rear tyres, that's why there is much understeer for one lap. When on heavy fuel it wouldn't be a concern & race will be pretty much interesting.

All doom and gloom here because we are off pole by 4 and a half tenths? Let's not forget in q2 The top 3 were within a tenth before Merc pressed their special button

Merc turned their quali mode for q3 and pulled ut a gap, they can't use this in the race so we should be able to give them a good race hopefully.Everyone thinks we will be in for a tighter race.

Toto also thinks we set up our car more for the race

"The Ferrari drivers suffered understeer which can be an indication they are protecting the rear tyres for tomorrow," said Wolff" - source Sky F1

Also most think it will be a 2 stop race so we can probably win on strategy and if Bottas is leading I can't see Hamilton sitting back and settling for 2nd, so he will Attack Bottas and they both will take tyre life out by fighting and Seb can hopefully pick up the pieces if he has not taken 1 or both on the starting grid.

'

Merc must have turned up their engines again...

BTW Anyone has some movies about this burning oil thing?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    All doom and gloom here because we are off pole by 4 and a half tenths? Let's not forget in q2 The top 3 were within a tenth before Merc pressed their special button

Merc turned their quali mode for q3 and pulled ut a gap, they can't use this in the race so we should be able to give them a good race hopefully.Everyone thinks we will be in for a tighter race.

Toto also thinks we set up our car more for the race

"The Ferrari drivers suffered understeer which can be an indication they are protecting the rear tyres for tomorrow," said Wolff" - source Sky F1

Also most think it will be a 2 stop race so we can probably win on strategy and if Bottas is leading I can't see Hamilton sitting back and settling for 2nd, so he will Attack Bottas and they both will take tyre life out by fighting and Seb can hopefully pick up the pieces if he has not taken 1 or both on the starting grid.

'
    Main important thing is we should not get behind RB's at the start. They screw our race pace & strategy.
    Start should be perfect from our drivers then you see game on.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ri-on-race-day
    Pat, toto mentioning the same. Hopefully we get good life out of those tyres with this set-up

From BBC sport website defo has resonance with me:

11. Posted by F1Knowledge on
    27 minutes ago
    Ceefax used to give better data in the 80s.

Less is certainly more. Pathetic articles from the chief writer.

Full results should always be the priority. Gossip way down the list.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Merc must have turned up their engines again...

BTW Anyone has some movies about this burning oil thing?

no vids on the "oil burning thing".....just whats been posted here with links addressing the issue. They did this last year as well with LH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    From BBC sport website defo has resonance with me:

11. Posted by F1Knowledge on
    27 minutes ago
    Ceefax used to give better data in the 80s.

Less is certainly more. Pathetic articles from the chief writer.

Full results should always be the priority. Gossip way down the list.
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ????
    ditto

Next week's inseason testing vet & Ferrari reserve driver Antonio will take part.

Ferrari eating up its power units

http://www.f1technical.net/news/21232

If this keeps happening, FP1,2,3 speed traps and times PLUS quali speed traps and times really don't matter....RedBull will be second in the WCC title points.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

If this keeps happening, FP1,2,3 speed traps and times PLUS quali speed traps and times really don't matter....RedBull will be second in the WCC title points.
    Nothing surprise. Hopefully the earlier components should be available for re-use

I'd rather have a fast car that can compete for wins that brakes down from time to time, then another year like 2016 but nothing brakes down.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

The press is assuming that there's problems.they just removed vets parts for precaustion.they can use these motor parts at a later race and they also said there pretty sure they can salvage most of kimi parts to

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

oh hell, that's not good. :(

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    The press is assuming that there's problems.they just removed vets parts for precaustion.they can use these motor parts at a later race and they also said there pretty sure they can salvage most of kimi parts to
    Are they still allowed to use old PUs in upcoming races? Or can they just use them in practice sessions?

They can use old pu for practice.20 races means 5 races per engine at least

It also appears, people, that Bottas MIGHT have settled in his car. That said with regards to constructor points, Mercs look to clinch P1 & P2(high probability since LH & VB will be fighting for P1) but lets say P3...room for Vettel in one of those spots? Absolutely.....But we need Kimi to take the fight and some/most of us know where he stands on the grid going forward? Just me thinking given what we have seen so far. Vettel desperately needs Kimi as he cannot do it alone, while carrying all of the Scuderia on his back, fighting by himself against those silver arrows.

It would seem the odds are stacked against us relative to the amount of PU's and Kimi's situation......but hey, anything is possible?.....delusional or a realist?
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 15th April 2017 at 22:15.

It was a tricky qualifying session. No one's lost or won yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    It was a tricky qualifying session. No one's lost or won yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    to some extent that is true; there is a possibility that WE can still win the race tomorrow OR that the 6 numbers i picked for 6/49 may come up tonight....so there's always a chance if you have a bit of LUCK

but what's worrying is the GAP to mercedes in Quali, almost HALF a second....that is HUGE relatively speaking in F1 terms....it seems the MERCEDES drivers finally found that MAGIC button on then NEW steering wheels
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    to some extent that is true; there is a possibility that WE can still win the race tomorrow OR that the 6 numbers i picked for 6/49 may come up tonight....so there's always a chance if you have a bit of LUCK

but what's worrying is the GAP to mercedes in Quali, almost HALF a second....that is HUGE relatively speaking in F1 terms....it seems the MERCEDES drivers finally found that MAGIC button on then NEW steering wheels
    either that or all of the Mercedes AMG Petronas crew are eating ice cream as Kimi is leaving the pits as some form of distraction..............Bwooah, that ice cream sure looks good!

I said it after Australia; this season still has every potential of turning into another Merc wins everything snore fest. I am about to be proven right.

More overreaction. Ferrari gains a few tenths compared to Mercedes on race day but for some reason they're being written off already. The margin was only 0,2s lesser in Australia and Vettel was quicker on Sunday. It's amazing how easily mood changes. I remember people "jumping off hype train" in Australia when red cars were way off the pace in FP1. Keep calm and wait for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    More overreaction. Ferrari gains a few tenths compared to Mercedes on race day but for some reason they're being written off already. The margin was only 0,2s lesser in Australia and Vettel was quicker on Sunday. It's amazing how easily mood changes. I remember people "jumping off hype train" in Australia when red cars were way off the pace in FP1. Keep calm and wait for the race.
    Vettel as in singular. Mercedes as in plural....both drivers. I do see Vettel as threat. I did'nt see Bottas as much of a threat but it appears he is getting settled in his car and has beaten his teammate in quali with another 17 to go. I'm sure Kimi has something up his sleeve maybe and shows some signs of improvement????....because we need him more than ever!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 16th April 2017 at 00:56.

How about we all wait and see how things pan out in a few hours instead of collectively freaking out? This is round 3 of 20? It's a long season, so lets chill out. This season can't be any worse than '16 or '14.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    How about we all wait and see how things pan out in a few hours instead of collectively freaking out? This is round 3 of 20? It's a long season, so lets chill out. This season can't be any worse than '16 or '14.
    Forza Ferrari

I still see a possible win for Vet barring any misfortunes on the 1st turn. Toto admitted himself that tire wear are not in their favor and this might play in our favor. Another possibility is Vet jumps either ham or bottas but i noticed lately that we are a bit slow in the startup.
    Forza Ferrari