Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Race thread

I don't think he is saying he is lacking motivation....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I don't think he is saying he is lacking motivation....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    "Kimi Raikkonen says Ferrari team-mate Sebastian Vettel's two wins in the opening three races of the 2017 Formula 1 season offer him no extra motivation or hunger to succeed."

While Vettel swept to victory in Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, Raikkonen was once again unable to match his team-mate for pace, finishing 22 seconds adrift in fourth place after passing Williams' Felipe Massa twice.

"I had a start and awful first corners," Raikkonen explained. "Obviously after that I tried to catch up and got reasonably quick past Massa, even though that cost me some time. Then, obviously I was a bit unlucky with the safety car when it came to the first pit stop, lost the position to Massa and had to try and get past him again.

"At that point, obviously, I was a bit behind. In a way, a lot of good things happened but the end result is still disappointing, at least in my books. The overall feeling was a lot better and I feel I can go fast, but the start didn't help."

Despite seeing Vettel make the best start to a season by a Ferrari driver since Michael Schumacher in 2004, Raikkonen said it offers him not extra motivation.

"I don't know why it would make me hungrier," Raikkonen said. "I'm happy for the team, happy for him, but we want to do better, no matter in what position we are and that's always the aim.

"Like I said, there were a lot of good things in today's race, but unfortunately we were out of position after the first lap and it was difficult because of that."

apparently he is lacking motivation......
    No extra motivation or hungrier as he is motivated and hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    No extra motivation or hungrier as he is motivated and hungry.
    Well Ed, since you put it that way.....it makes it all the better!

It is not me but what KR allegedly has said in the interview.

Kimi is only hungrier when he eat an ice cream that melts to fast .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Great job to be leading WDC and WCC. Seb was excelent in the first 3 races, if he continues like this it looks promising. Kimi looked faster than Bottas today finishing 2 sec behind but because of him sleeping at the start Bottas's position never looked in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by FreciaRosso View Post
    To all the doubters before the race you are all pathetic, and I am ashamed that most of you jumped off the bandwagon. Mercedes was saved today from embarrassment due to the safety car and Max retiring from the race. Ferrari really out did them with pace and better strategy. Vettle was 3 seconds a lap quicker than the Mercedes and would have destroyed them if the SC hadn't came out. Mercedes once again were caught out on strategy. I told all of you Ferrari will win going away yesterday. Now on to Russia we will be even stronger now that we can really test our new additions in testing this week.
    Totally agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Sorry dude but this is getting very... jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Look, I dunno anything about you but some advice from my own personal experience... excessive marijuana consumption can cause paranoid and delusions. The whole of formula 1 is not a giant conspiracy owned and operated by Mercedes.
    Jet fuel cant, but thermite can cut steel like butter! I say, listen to everything, consider everything but believe nothing,

Have you already mentioned or seen that Seb used black gloves in race. Was it case durung weekend or just today?
    Any reason for that or maybe to reduce contrast of colors in cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    never scored a single point unless I'm mistaken. Heck even Webber got points in a Minardi.
    Yeah, in a race where a ton of cars were wiped out after Ralf's crash at the very start. I'm no Alonso fan but come on, he impressed everyone when he was in a Minardi.

I've not paid much attention to F1 recently but it was great to feel nervous in the closing laps again today, I had forgotten what that felt like. Absolutely love Seb at Ferrari.
    Last edited by Suzie; 16th April 2017 at 21:18.
    Forza Jules

Looks to me like Vet stays behind the merc's just long enough to wreck their tires then backs off and waits for the race to come to them. Proactive racing instead of reactive racing. I really don't care about pole position as Ferrari know they can make it up now. Remember when Braun would say okay Micheal we need 25 seconds and he would get on with it. Ferrari for ever

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Jet fuel cant, but thermite can cut steel like butter! I say, listen to everything, consider everything but believe nothing,
    Why follow F1? If the winner is already decided, just read the news in November to see who was chosen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chuffed!
    Trying to be less angry..

Congratulations for the win, it is a great one

I admit, i as many others overreacted by yesterday's lack of pace. Nevertheless, you got to admit that looked scary, being 0.5 seconds behind Merc. However, now i'm 100% sure that Mercedes can be so quick only in qualy. We own race pace, that's for certain.
    Glad i was wrong and that it was just an overreaction. I'll know better next time

Can't wait for Russia.

One question though, can Sochi suit Mercedes more because the track doesn't inflict so much tire degradation?

Great job by Seb, we've learned from his Red Bull years that when he gets there in front it's almost impossible to catch him. Absolutely thrilled with the victory, I can't even remember the last time we won twice in three races.
    As for Kimi, well, no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Great job by Seb, we've learned from his Red Bull years that when he gets there in front it's almost impossible to catch him. Absolutely thrilled with the victory, I can't even remember the last time we won twice in three races.
    As for Kimi, well, no comment.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreciaRosso View Post
    To all the doubters before the race you are all pathetic, and I am ashamed that most of you jumped off the bandwagon. Mercedes was saved today from embarrassment due to the safety car and Max retiring from the race. Ferrari really out did them with pace and better strategy. Vettle was 3 seconds a lap quicker than the Mercedes and would have destroyed them if the SC hadn't came out. Mercedes once again were caught out on strategy. I told all of you Ferrari will win going away yesterday. Now on to Russia we will be even stronger now that we can really test our new additions in testing this week.
    Well said mate, great win by Vettel and the team. Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    never scored a single point unless I'm mistaken. Heck even Webber got points in a Minardi.
    Yeah and after Minardi, Webber went on to win a few drivers championships and was clear no 1 at Red Bull

I wrote this elsewhere and wondering if you will agree:

"What makes the Honda look so bad is that the Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault engines are at a much higher level of development. Ironically, Honda will now have a level of knowledge and superiority to most other non F1 manufacturers simply for jumping into the fire and pushing themselves beyond their limits with this cutting edge and extremely difficult technology. If all the F1 teams were using Honda engines, then we'd be none the wiser as the engines would be turned down for reliability and they'd still be fast compared to other Formula categories. The Honda engines aren't bad, it's just that the others are currently superior!"

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I wrote this elsewhere and wondering if you will agree:

"What makes the Honda look so bad is that the Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault engines are at a much higher level of development. Ironically, Honda will now have a level of knowledge and superiority to most other non F1 manufacturers simply for jumping into the fire and pushing themselves beyond their limits with this cutting edge and extremely difficult technology. If all the F1 teams were using Honda engines, then we'd be none the wiser as the engines would be turned down for reliability and they'd still be fast compared to other Formula categories. The Honda engines aren't bad, it's just that the others are currently superior!"
    Yeah right, Kimi is not slow it's just that Seb is superior . Ferrari and Mercedes set the standards for good, if you are nowhere close than you suck, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah right, Kimi is not slow it's just that Seb is superior . Ferrari and Mercedes set the standards for good, if you are nowhere close than you suck, period.
    If I may add Stormy to your agreeable statement with your permission; I believe I have said this time and time again but these current Hybrid PU's are so complex and expensive that Honda, with all its resources and money, cannot get it right. Agreed, they came into this with ZERO knowledge when this formula was introduced as the others already were working on it. We are in year 4 already and they are still playing catch-up and part of it also has to do with Honda's "culture" as it clashes with Mclaren's "culture"; I would side with Mclarens "culture" since Honda has been in and out of the game from time to time.....so yes, Honda is sucking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If I may add Stormy to your agreeable statement with your permission; I believe I have said this time and time again but these current Hybrid PU's are so complex and expensive that Honda, with all its resources and money, cannot get it right. Agreed, they came into this with ZERO knowledge when this formula was introduced as the others already were working on it. We are in year 4 already and they are still playing catch-up and part of it also has to do with Honda's "culture" as it clashes with Mclaren's "culture"; I would side with Mclarens "culture" since Honda has been in and out of the game from time to time.....so yes, Honda is sucking right now.
    Totally agree. Honda should sack some people and do everything to hire some renowned engineers from the F1 world.

There are some rumors started by Bild that Alonso could make a shock return to Renault for next year. Imagine Honda upping their game by a huge margin and Renault are nowhere, this would be the greatest tragicomedy F1 has ever witnessed.

Totally agree. Honda should sack some people and do everything to hire some renowned engineers from the F1 world.

There are some rumors started by Bild that Alonso could make a shock return to Renault for next year. Imagine Honda upping their game by a huge margin and Renault are nowhere, this would be the greatest tragicomedy F1 has ever witnessed.
    Read about those so called "rumours" as I feel he should do it(go to Renault). Not only have they approached Alonso about IndyCar but there are rumours that he wants to drive for Porsche at LeMans through his friend Mark Webber (retired from LeMans and they are both best buds).

It would certainly say something about Alonso's karma(Mclaren/Merc,Ferrari,Mclaren/Honda) IF, and thats a big tall IF, Honda turns things around once he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Woosh.
    nothin but net!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Told you we were going to win it! Where are all those gloomers now?

The qualifying thread is a fascinating read: drama, conspiracy, even magic!

what? what? what have i missed?
    Forza Ferrari

i was not able to join you guys here yesterday because i was glued to the tv watching the race intently. what a win from Vet!

Clearly it's not the end of the season for us as some folks here stated earlier, but one thing is for sure - IT'S THE END OF MERCS DOMINANCE!
    Last edited by fmatiasii; 17th April 2017 at 03:01.
    Forza Ferrari

Congratulations for the win, it is a great one

I admit, i as many others overreacted by yesterday's lack of pace. Nevertheless, you got to admit that looked scary, being 0.5 seconds behind Merc. However, now i'm 100% sure that Mercedes can be so quick only in qualy. We own race pace, that's for certain.
    Glad i was wrong and that it was just an overreaction. I'll know better next time

Can't wait for Russia.

One question though, can Sochi suit Mercedes more because the track doesn't inflict so much tire degradation?
    So do we own race pace 100% or should we be concerned about the Sochi track suiting Mercedes? Does this even matter given that Mercedes are only quick in qualifying?