Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 92021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1061

Thread: Bahrain GP 2017 - Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    i was not able to join you guys here yesterday because i was glued to the tv watching the race intently. what a win from Vet!

Clearly it's not the end of the season for us as some folks here stated earlier, but one thing is for sure - IT'S THE END OF MERCS DOMINANCE!
    It was boring.....2017 looks to be exciting and some good car-to-car, strategy-to-strategy battles.....looks to be close....as it should be but always Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It was boring.....2017 looks to be exciting and some good car-to-car, strategy-to-strategy battles.....looks to be close....as it should be but always Ferrari.
    i wouldn't mind it as long as Ferrari wins.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    So do we own race pace 100% or should we be concerned about the Sochi track suiting Mercedes? Does this even matter given that Mercedes are only quick in qualifying?
    IMO, we really have the race pace but as far as quali is concerned, we are not there yet. who cares about quali? as long as we are in 1st or 2nd row, we can always make it up in the race.
    Forza Ferrari

I think the best news so far, apart from the fact that we can legitimately fight and BEAT Mercedes - is that this season is super competitive with some great on track battles, and great strategy battles, too. What a season! I feel like a kid watching my first F1 race again every time. The winner isn't decided before the race even starts like the last 3 years. That in itself makes my heart beat out of my chest before (and during) every race.

IMO, we really have the race pace but as far as quali is concerned, we are not there yet. who cares about quali? as long as we are in 1st or 2nd row, we can always make it up in the race.
    Yeah so mate those questions were really just rhetorical.

Yeah so mate those questions were really just rhetorical.
    so what's your point?
    Forza Ferrari

Hi can anyone help me with a nice photo of Seb and Maurizio celebrating together yesterday? I can't find one on the internet please help!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

so what's your point?
    At the very least they were not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least they were not for you.

then what's the point of asking here?
    Forza Ferrari

So do we own race pace 100% or should we be concerned about the Sochi track suiting Mercedes? Does this even matter given that Mercedes are only quick in qualifying?
    I just asked will Mercedes is going to be more efficient there. Ferrari's race pace over Mercedes is partially due to our car's ability to not degrade the tire as much as Merc.
    Last edited by Stormy; 17th April 2017 at 05:17.

Just wondering what kind of results we'd be seeing if Lewis and Vettel swapped cars - would qualifying remain in the favour of Mercedes or would the Ferrari suddenly excel in the hands of Lewis? Maybe the difference in the cars is not as great as the current results are revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Just wondering what kind of results we'd be seeing if Lewis and Vettel swapped cars - would qualifying remain in the favour of Mercedes or would the Ferrari suddenly excel in the hands of Lewis? Maybe the difference in the cars is not as great as the current results are revealing.
    Would be the same I imagine, even Bottas gets the Q3 boost. Are you trying to say Seb is not that good or something?
    Forza Ferrari

Suddenly we are looking faster than the merc. And not just by a wee bit. At least in the hands of vettel.
    The mercs looked sluggish in comparison. Was it track specific or something else.
    If kimi can get his act together, WCC and WDC could both be in the bag this year.
    Silently, like a shadow

We would get similar results i presume. Seb is known to be a good qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We would get similar results i presume. Seb is known to be a good qualifier.
    Seb is a great qualifier and perhaps an even better racer. However, there's the off chance that the missing link in the Ferrari's qualy speed is not the car but maybe the drivers. W now know that Kimi is not in the same league as the other leading 3, and we've seen Vettel outclassed the one year he was pitted against Ricciardo as a team mate. That's the question - Lewis has pretty much dominated with all of his team mates but on few occasions. Also, when he has been outclassed, it was always just by a whisker and never humiliated.

So you all can jump to your own conclusions and be as defensive as you like, but the question is a valid one because it currently cannot be dismissed until it's put to the test!

Seb is a great qualifier and perhaps an even better racer. However, there's the off chance that the missing link in the Ferrari's qualy speed is not the car but maybe the drivers. W now know that Kimi is not in the same league as the other leading 3, and we've seen Vettel outclassed the one year he was pitted against Ricciardo as a team mate. That's the question - Lewis has pretty much dominated with all of his team mates but on few occasions. Also, when he has been outclassed, it was always just by a whisker and never humiliated.

So you all can jump to your own conclusions and be as defensive as you like, but the question is a valid one because it currently cannot be dismissed until it's put to the test!
    Well it will never be put to the test. So it's a rather worthless question and not really valid. Ferrari said they sacrificed qual speed for having a better race car in Bahrain but what do they know
    Forza Ferrari

Guys, do we know anything as to what we will be testing this week? Hopefully Ferrari realise we must work on the engine side like a qualifying boost to help us.
    Seems power tracks this is going to be a big benefit, Monza? Spa? Baku? Sochi? Malaysia (two long straights)
    Last edited by Cemz85; 17th April 2017 at 08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    Guys, do we know anything as to what we will be testing this week? Hopefully Ferrari realise we must work on the engine side like a qualifying boost to help us.
    Seems power tracks this is going to be a big benefit, Monza? Spa? Baku? Sochi? Malaysia (two long straights)
    sochi i think its kind of street circuit and Yeah Monza, spa, baku are power kind of circuits where you need your PU to be at maximum.

I think Mercedes showed they're against the ropes this weekend. They set their cars up for qualifying performance to try and control us from the front. To get close to our race pace, they will need to set up for the race, at which point we'll out qualify them and still beat them in the race. They've got no option but to go all out in qualifying. Thats what I took from this circuit at least. Might not be the same everywhere, and the upgrades race can change things. But... we're the nuts right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well it will never be put to the test. So it's a rather worthless question and not really valid. Ferrari said they sacrificed qual speed for having a better race car in Bahrain but what do they know
    Absolutely not a worthless question because your reasoning is inconclusive: Ferrari sacrificing qualifying speed does not instantly mean they will be slower in qualifying. The could have been starting from a higher level to start with only to be pegged back with the slower speed settings. Your reasoning is on the presumption that Vettel and Lewis are exactly on the same performance levels when it comes to qualifying, which is false - one of the 2 will have to come out on top given the same machinery, and it may well be Vettel but it's just a question. Until then, nothing is conclusive!

then what's the point of asking here?
    There's a quote function. What stick is up your ?

Can anyone copy and paste the below article please

http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...the-bahrain-gp

Merc to re-think team orders, it is clear now Ferrari have to respond and make Vettel the clear number 1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rders-approach

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Let's have a good one I predict 1st for Seb and 4th for Kimi.

Spot on ,mate!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Merc to re-think team orders, it is clear now Ferrari have to respond and make Vettel the clear number 1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rders-approach
    Doesn't really matter.
    The only "bad" on yesterday's race,was that as it turned out ,Ham with fresher tires on his smallest last srint,and as he had no other chance then to go flat out,he made some spectacular lap times.But we dont really know what Seb was capable of.So this gave the opportunity to many ,to say that Merx had pace advantage.I think (more,im sure) that they didn't. But ,you cant persuade them!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Doesn't really matter.
    The only "bad" on yesterday's race,was that as it turned out ,Ham with fresher tires on his smallest last srint,and as he had no other chance then to go flat out,he made some spectacular lap times.But we dont really know what Seb was capable of.So this gave the opportunity to many ,to say that Merx had pace advantage.I think (more,im sure) that they didn't. But ,you cant persuade them!
    I think seb had pace like he said in the interview, he was just managing it. But not sure relative to Hamilton how quick he could have gone. One thing is for sure, had it not been for the safety car seb would have been further more in front.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I think seb had pace like he said in the interview, he was just managing it. But not sure relative to Hamilton how quick he could have gone. One thing is for sure, had it not been for the safety car seb would have been further more in front.
    not only seb, kimi would have been on that podium as well, if there was no SC incident.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Bottas was holding up Vettel in the first stint and Lewis had a bigger gap behind the 2. Without Bottas, we would have seen a larger gap back to Lewis - how much bigger is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    i agree. i do think Seb is very well aware of the gap and that there is no way Ham will catch him given the traffic, and of course he know he can up his pace if needed. i think this is a good ploy as well to keep Merc into thinking that they are 'faster' pace-wise given the pace shown by Ham compared to Seb during the last stint..

it is important as well, given Seb's gap, to nurse his engine considering the reliability issues they had this weekend.

are you now saying ferrarri car is so great..after all these years and now the drivers are underperforming... ?wow...what a load of krap.. mr krapalot...