Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bahrain test days 18th and 19th April 2017

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    mclaren-honda 80laps without trouble.....mclaren fans might be celebrating
    Fans? I think their F1 team will be celebrating (or already have)!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I am I am I am....
    For Alonso.. not McLaren.
    Silently, like a shadow

Not much news out of the test. Apart from some reliability issues, I'm assuming there's not a great deal of interesting things being tested?

After testing for Pirelli, a day dedicated to development

Sakhir, 19 April – This time there was no need to extend the test session: at 18h00 local time, (17h00 CET,) Seb Vettel parked the SF70H in the pits at the end of the day’s work. 67 laps were completed, the best in 1’31’”574, set on the Soft compound. Yesterday, the Bahrain GP winner had been testing for Pirelli, while today it was a normal programme of development for the season. “It would be nice to have done even more,” said Sebastian at the end of the day. “But today we had a few little problems in the morning, which is normal for testing and then, in the afternoon, we lost some time when there was an electrical black-out in our garage.” That’s not unheard of during testing, when so many sets of tyres are used that the tyre blankets can soak up quite a bit of energy. “In any case, driving this car is always a pleasure,” concluded Seb. “The times don’t mean much, given we don’t know what programmes the others are running.”

That marks the end of the first in-season test of 2017. The next one takes place in July in Hungary.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Fans? I thought they'd all morphed into Mercedes fans a couple of seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Never go bust? Titanic was unsikable, BHS, ENRON, Some very big banks have gone bust. In terms of companies McLaren are a in the sea.
    Yeah but McLaren's activities outside of F1 are going great. Only the F1 team is doing poorly because of Honda's PU issues. I think they are doing good in terms of chassis. Let's not forget Alonso's radio quote during the Bahrain GP -
    I've never raced with less power in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but McLaren's activities outside of F1 are going great. Only the F1 team is doing poorly because of Honda's PU issues. I think they are doing good in terms of chassis. Let's not forget Alonso's radio quote during the Bahrain GP -
    Maybe. Alonso on the radio was just to put more pressure on Honda the chassis is probably rubbish as well.

Other areas of the business? Road cars is all propaganda, huge investment and only now turning a tiny profit. Sales figures blown up by dealers pre registering cars like a Citroen dealership and when they do sell the cars they are giving huge discounts as depreciation on their cars is awful. Saying that I can't afford the Managers Special on a 540C.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Maybe. Alonso on the radio was just to put more pressure on Honda the chassis is probably rubbish as well.

Other areas of the business? Road cars is all propaganda, huge investment and only now turning a tiny profit. Sales figures blown up by dealers pre registering cars like a Citroen dealership and when they do sell the cars they are giving huge discounts as depreciation on their cars is awful. Saying that I can't afford the Managers Special on a 540C.
    What about their catering organization ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Taste

I just read that Seb drove a lot of laps with then Pirelli 2018 prototype tires. Aren't these year's tires a priority to work with or are we looking at long term stuff here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I just read that Seb drove a lot of laps with then Pirelli 2018 prototype tires. Aren't these year's tires a priority to work with or are we looking at long term stuff here?
    Teams were only allowed to test with one car/driver at a time. Giovinazzi carried out Ferrari's test programme on that day, Seb carried out thre testing for the 2018 tyres. Seb then tested a normal programme the following day.

Good strategy to get two cars on track, gives them a leg up on the 2018 tyres, and assists Pirelli in their development. Win/win/win

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Fans? I thought they'd all morphed into Mercedes fans a couple of seasons ago.
    yeah they have some real identity issues

Sochi weather for all three days calling for: NO RAIN.....temps in the high 60's to low 70's for all 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Sochi weather for all three days calling for: NO RAIN.....temps in the high 60's to low 70's for all 3 days.
    Please convert to EU standard

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Basically around 20 degrees Celsius lol... if it's sunny I would expect track temps to be in the low 30's....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

sorry mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Basically around 20 degrees Celsius lol... if it's sunny I would expect track temps to be in the low 30's....
    thanks Tony.....its calling for overcast

With our awesome low tire degradation performance, i think we can last the entire race on softs without pitting lol. Shame the rules don't allow that though.

the Fahrenheit scale was invented by a european

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    the Fahrenheit scale was invented by a european
    Everything has been invented by an European, whats your point ?

New 'speed bumps' added at Sochi's Turn 2/3

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/14444