Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain test days 18th and 19th April 2017

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is getting really stupid!??!
    This is brilliant. Ferrari in with a real shot at the title and that horrid Woking team at the lowest point in their history. Shame Rons no longer there for the full pain. If only McLaren coukd go bust, MTC turned into a car park and Alfa Romeo replace them on the grid. (Asking for too much I know)

On the bright side.. plenty of laps for GIO in the SF70H (and VET - yeah, testing Pirelli's 2018 tyres..) and only HAM was quicker, albeit by 0.6s.

Good days for us long-suffering diehards!
    Trying to be less angry..

Always despised 'Sir' Ron Badloser. Hope he's really suffering, seeing the mess 'his' team is in.
    Trying to be less angry..

I can respect Ron from certain angle. He really had passion for that team...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Always despised 'Sir' Ron Badloser. Hope he's really suffering, seeing the mess 'his' team is in.
    With all due respect, Mclaren is suffering and Ron is laughing now that he has a seat in Parliament...He is done with the fiasco....Mclaren is imploding along with Honda. It really is an unfortunate state of affairs between the two as I thought I would never had imagined it.

Whatever the case may be, McLaren can never go bust. McLaren Automotive is a huge corporation that dabbles in all sorts of things outside of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Whatever the case may be, McLaren can never go bust. McLaren Automotive is a huge corporation that dabbles in all sorts of things outside of F1.
    I should have re-phrased it. Mclaren F1 is imploding along with Honda.

I feel bad for Mclaren, not that i am a fan of them but it's really a shame what's happening with them considering their great history in F1.
    Forza Ferrari

For me I have no hard feelings to McLaren, just to the people who were within McLaren and were duplicitous in the whole Steepneygate affair, which included Ron Dennis. In fact, I liked the original team as setup by Bruce McLaren and, if the exit of Ron Dennis and this cathartic moment in time for them leads them back to being a team more akin to their roots then I'd be happy to see that happen and happy to see them survive in F1.

Vettel only do 8 laps after 2 hours of testing start..Hope nothing major happen
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Bahrain Test - Antonio, a whole different feeling

18 Apr 2017

Giovinazzi’s first drive in the SF70H; 93 laps in Bahrain

Sakhir, 18 April – “I enjoyed every single lap.” On every one of the 93 times that he sped past the Scuderia Ferrari pits, Antonio Giovinazzi must have had a big grin on his face under the helmet. It’s true that he’d already experienced a Prancing Horse Formula 1 car in Fiorano and is au fait with what Formula 1 is all about in 2017. However, the Ferrari he drove in that first test was the SF15-T, not bad for a first run but two years old. And when it came to this past winter testing and the first two GPs of the season, that experience came at the wheel of a Sauber.
    But, truth be told, for an Italian driver, the first “real” day was surely this Tuesday in Bahrain. Antonio’s day began with a massage and some breakfast and that was followed with no less than nine hours of testing and even as we write, the technical debrief is still ongoing. Antonio showed maturity and professionalism at the wheel, setting a best lap of 1’31”984 on Supersoft tyres, although he spent more time running the Mediums and also when downloading information with his engineers. “To drive the car that won the last race and is leading the world championship, working with the Scuderia Ferrari engineers and mechanics, is not just a great feeling, it’s a dream I’ve had since I was little and racing in karts. And today it came true.”
    The reality of testing however could be seen elsewhere, as Seb Vettel was working late into the evening, to make up for time lost earlier in the day, as he was at the wheel of another SF70H, working on a separate programme, tyre testing for Pirelli.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/test-...erent-feeling/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vettel still in the pits with just 8 laps.......

Not a good start
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Anybody know, do they use their race allotment of PU's for this testing or are they allowed to use a separate new PU?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Vettel has only done 8 laps in the Ferrari so far today.The mechanics and engineers are pouring over the car and it is not expected to leave the garage for several hours, according to a team spokesperson.

It's not good but that why are testing. Maybe testing some new things.

Did Vettel come out as showing13 laps now

AMuS: "Vettel's Ferrari is jacked up in the garage. However, the engine and gearbox are on. This can only mean two things: Either the SF70H is completely rebuilt from the chassis and the weight distribution, or Ferrari brings new parts to the car."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seb back in the pits. 31 laps so far.

61 now.With the 2nd time. Almost 3 tenths behind Bottas
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

mclaren-honda 80laps without trouble.....mclaren fans might be celebrating

what was vettel's best lap compared to mercedes?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    what was vettel's best lap compared to mercedes?

1. Bottas Mercedes W08 1:31.280 143 ● PIT
    2. Vettel Ferrari SF70-H 1:31.574 +0.294 64 ● PIT
    Drive it like you stole it!

I think we are keeping our cards close to our chest now. Those are fast enough lap times for testing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    1. Bottas Mercedes W08 1:31.280 143 ● PIT
    2. Vettel Ferrari SF70-H 1:31.574 +0.294 64 ● PIT
    Thank you!, we needa find like 0.3s and we would be very competitive for fast laps and quali

Not a great to lose the testing time but the team sound reasonably happy:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...oubles-895867/

Bottas/Mercedes 143 laps today. They are really testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Never go bust? Titanic was unsikable, BHS, ENRON, Some very big banks have gone bust. In terms of companies McLaren are a in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    I think we are keeping our cards close to our chest now. Those are fast enough lap times for testing parts.
    That's what I would like to see! Actions speak louder than words is always a good motto, go fast enough to get your data & just say enough to be sociable with the press.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio