Page 1 of 19 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Russian GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Hope we get the win.

Here is the drivers press conference for this weekend

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xyLD8CfFws

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tSp6MzDbZA

Howzit guyz :)

Hehe hope Ferrari sorted out all the technical probs and have that engine stronger than ever! :D , this weather supposedly helps Mercs and im assuming they sorted out there tyre deterioration probs so i hope luck is on our side :)

"FOCUSING ON EVERY SINGLE STEP”

Russian Grand Prix - “Focusing on every single step”

Seb and Kimi’s thoughts about Sochi-and the season ahead

Sochi, April 27 – Scuderia Ferrari drivers are all set for the new challenge at Sochi. The team arrives at Sochi leading both drivers’ and constructors’ championships, but both Seb and Kimi are well aware that this weekend won’t be a walk in the park.

“We have a good car and the challenge for this year will be to make sure that we keep on having a good one”, says Seb.” I think everybody will improve their own cars and we’ll do our best as well. I’m looking forward to this weekend as we seem to be closer to our competitors than last year. Of course we had an excellent start to the season, but Mercedes are still very strong. It should be an interesting race. I like the track and it’s not an easy one. It’s difficult to have everything in one lap and there’s always a couple of things to look out for. Tomorrow will be an important day. We are happy with where we are and about the races we’ve had so far, but especially this year we have to focus on every single step.

Kimi finished on the podium last year at Sochi, but he seems to be just a little puzzled with… the location. “I like this race, but you wouldn’t think that we are in a country neighboring Finland, as here we’re quite far away from that border! The track is quite interesting, too. If you look at the past races here, it has not been easy for us to make the car and tires work as we wanted, but with the new cars and new rules the picture can be completely different. Also, the weather seems to be warmer than last year and this could help”.

“So far, this season has been very close with Mercedes,” he adds, “but It’s hard to know how this weekend will go. Obviously if you look at last year’s races they have been pretty strong everywhere compared to the other teams. This is a new weekend and I think we have a good package, but who knows, there’s always some tracks that fit one team a little bit better than the others. We can only do our best and hopefully we can be up there in the fight. As for myself, I haven’t had a problem with the car in the last race, in fact the feeling has been pretty good, but I need to qualify in a better position to be able to use its speed”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

There will be no way to solve the tyre problem within this year. They are trying to find the best settings for race and qualify. It is not a matter off set up.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    There will be no way to solve the tyre problem within this year. They are trying to find the best settings for race and qualify. It is not a matter off set up.
    you're beginning to sound negative already and the practice hasn't even started yet.
    Forza Ferrari

Yet another turbo change. This is becoming a real worry. I understand pushing the limits to catch Mercedes but we're going to be going backwards very soon

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    you're beginning to sound negative already and the practice hasn't even started yet.
    I think he is probably talking about the Merc tyre problems.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

when i watch these shows explaining why Ferrari have gotten closer to Mercs this year, i get salty, thinking "other teams are going to copy us shhhhhhhhhhh" lol

regarding that oil as fuel stuff i read, was it only mercs cheating like that last year? were they doing it the first 3 races in quali (would be nice to know if thats why they are half a second faster) or has it been banned since the start of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I think he was talking about MB

this is going to be a fascinating race. If Vet wins that's 3 out of 4, which historically would give him a high probability of winning the title.

Later on the year we're gonna deal with a lot of penalties...

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

we are already on 3rd

What is going on?????

by the time, Malaysia, dubai and spa, we are going to be starting from the back of the grid every race :( if they keep this up

Ah, as long as we get a fast car, we will come back through the field. Its ok, just make sure these changes bring a massive power increase.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    What is going on?????
    its really strange we are changing turbo every race, its worst than last year gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    its really strange we are changing turbo every race, its worst than last year gearbox
    I hope they have a plan and its not just near sightedness

I hope they have a plan and its not just near sightedness
    me too thinking the same.

I think these are the new upgraded turbo chargers that we read about.Hence all ferrari powered cars have new ones installed.

Bot is 0.56 faster than ham & 1.6 secs faster than ferrari

Bot seems like a cool guy, hope Ham doesn't cheat him out of racing positions this season

Mercedes on super soft, Ferrari on soft.

#RussianGP #Ferrari | Apparently, according to Amus, this is a reliability update. Old turbos to be used in free practice
    From Gianlu..I think its true about turbo upgrade
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Some discrepancies in how late different drivers are braking for Turn 2 early on. Most seem to be targeting the 100m marker. It's noticeable the Ferraris can go beyond that quite comfortably, the Red Bulls too (though Ricciardo had a big lock up on one lap).

The McLarens and Mercedes have been more reserved so far. Ericsson's Sauber has been noticeably aggressive, but last of the late brakers at the moment is Grosjean. via Ben Anderson Autosport

Arrivabene shaking his head =/

Arrivabene shaking his head =/
    Reason??

Massa just 0.1 behind Vet on Softs

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Reason??
    lol im not sure, KR just put FL, im guessing he messed up on the previous lap or something