Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2017 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so it looks like whatever tire issues the merc had in the first races they seem to have sorted them out at the Bahrain test days.....
    Not true. Bottas was loosing 0.5s per lap before he pits. Even after his pit-stop, Vettel was really fast on 20+ laps US tires.

In terms of borefest, Sochi might be even worse than Monaco.

Well done to Bottas on the win though.

Any way good result! In a bigger picture we have gained - SV over LH, I know we a now trailing Mercedes by 1 point, but we have a winning car!

it would have been better if kimi started p3 and bottas p2, knowing that p2 had a dirtier part of the track, but i'm just assuming.
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi taking the champagne

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Massa comes to congratulate Bottas at parc ferme. "How'd you like my block?" lol
    i think they will be going out for dinner tonight.
    Forza Ferrari

Congrats to Botas, all round best from the green light

Hmm not a bad day, neither excellent too.
    Ferrari need to fix the race starts, I see no excellent starts in all these 4 races.
    This race surely cost that one.
    As said yesterday, vet carrying more downforce than Bottas.
    So straight line speed is lacking.
    But I'm surprised to see pace of Bottas on US, also about .9 we lost in the pit

Toto was not happy his boy didnt win.
    He started to make excuses for Hamilton and he didnt say much about how good bottas was. Yesterday he blamed Bottas for loosing pole! What a jacka$$. Glad Bottas won. Even Eddie Jordan called him out!!!

Disappointed as we could win today but looking for bigger picture as Vettel extends his lead from Hamilton..Spain will be tough to pass so quali will be important
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Good result this for us on a 'Mercedes' track..low tyre degradation, high power first sector and an unusual first corner layout where the pole sitter is at a slight disadvantage always, all contributing to us being slower than the merc over the race distance (albeit only by 0.617 in the end). Barcelona should see us do much better and I'll be there to watch the race!

Bitterly disappointed, but good points still. Damn.

Congratulations to Valtteri Bottas. He drove a monster race. Very good result for Ferrari at a track Mercedes has completely dominated.

Disappointed Since 2010

Maybe this is is how Merc fans feel this season..Got pole but did not win..
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Good weekend nonetheless for Ferrari, showed they are competitive everywhere and Vettel already 13 points ahead of Hamilton, more than the gap between him and Mercedes no. 2 driver. Great race and fully deserved win from Valtteri. Kimi showed improved form, but still not quite there. At least he is back on a podium and close enough to grab valuable points for Ferrari and off Mercedes. As for Seb, he was absolutely incredible in the first part of the season, clearly driver of the year so far.

Besides the car, our pit wall has made good calls so far this year. Keep it up

all I heard for the 4 races its all suits Merc track, so what race suits our car?

our pit-crew needs to improve, those valuable tenth of a second could mean victory or defeat.
    Forza Ferrari

One more lap and vettel would've had bottas right then and there. But still both raikonnen and vettel on podium is great. Ferrari is back. Vettel leads ahead in drivers championship standings. It's a close battle for sure and I hope ferrari will come on top.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ladaladunka View Post
    One more lap and vettel would've had bottas right then and there. But still both raikonnen and vettel on podium is great. Ferrari is back. Vettel leads ahead in drivers championship standings. It's a close battle for sure and I hope ferrari will come on top.
    I don't think so. Mercedes was faster in straight and this track doesn't allow to follow another car.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    all I heard for the 4 races its all suits Merc track, so what race suits our car?
    Apparently Barcelona and Monaco should be good too. Then Canada and Baku are rather for Merc. But it's really too close to call and the other team could have easily won each of the first four races.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Apparently Barcelona and Monaco should be good too. Then Canada and Baku are rather for Merc. But it's really too close to call and the other team could have easily won each of the first four races.
    thats it???? Ferrari develop their car for 2 tracks that suits them??? I rather have 18 tracks vs 2

thats it???? Ferrari develop their car for 2 tracks that suits them??? I rather have 18 tracks vs 2
    Spa, Monza, Singapore, Silverstone should suit us too

Most of them so far as you might have seen?
    Forza Ferrari

Low speed corners and warm conditions suit our cars
    Straights and cooler conditions suit the mercs

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so it looks like whatever tire issues the merc had in the first races they seem to have sorted them out at the Bahrain test days.....
    You can not jump to that conclusion just yet, The tarmac at Sochi is not as abbrasive as other tracks.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

a mixed bag today, lost lead in WCC, would expect to win with a front row lockout, but at least we have extended lead in WDC.

http://www.fia.com/events/fia-formul...ssification-28

From PU side Ferrari not far away from MB. I think Vettel and Kimi have more downforce than Mercedes. In last sector Ferrari have 0.5 advantage. Looking good in next races.

i for me can't get rid of the feeling that quite a number of fans still aren't happy with the position our team is in so far..

Look where we came from in 2016.

General opinion was that Red Bull would close the gap to Mercedes, but it's really us that have come soo close. 86 out of 100 for Vettel, Kimi a solid 2nd. man, 5
    podiums out of 8..and very strong 1st (WDC) and 2nd (WCC) in the standings.

I'm having another beer

Forza Ferrari!!