Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seb To Mercedes Next Year?!

I think they've both used interesting terminology. I think Seb could have thrown cold water on it immediately if he is committed to Ferrari as Michael was. He didn't. It's scary to consider, but he may be leaving us after all

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think they've both used interesting terminology. I think Seb could have thrown cold water on it immediately if he is committed to Ferrari as Michael was. He didn't. It's scary to consider, but he may be leaving us after all
    He doesn't want to extinguish the fire yet as he is still considering. However, this is definitely not final. Most probably he is waiting for the end of the season to form his final decision. I doubt he will leave if he wins the WDC though. I'm waiting for the Press Conference to be released, there are bound to be some awkward questions directed to him regarding this matter.

EDIT: There was one question regarding these rumors and Seb still didn't want to put them to rest. He just said that he is focused for this year and that the atmosphere is positive even if there is nothing on paper for next year. So, obviously he is considering a move to Mercedes but he hasn't come to a final decision yet. However, i'm positive he will stay if he wins the WDC.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11th May 2017 at 14:56.

if this issue is going to be a distraction, would it affect how Seb performs? hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    if this issue is going to be a distraction, would it affect how Seb performs? hmm..
    In my opinion, not at all. Even if he is planning a move to Mercedes, Ferrari won't hold any grudges because this year is extremely important for Ferrari and everyone must perform at their highest level.

Of course Seb isn't quashing any rumours, as one thing is for sure, he needs to negotiate a new contract for 2018. My feeling is it will be with Ferrari & all this speculation just solidifies his bargaining power.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Seb is going nowhere, but at the same time he isn't stupid. Allowing Ferrari to think he may jump, will make his negotiating for next year a lot easier and worth more.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Seb is going nowhere, but at the same time he isn't stupid. Allowing Ferrari to think he may jump, will make his negotiating for next year a lot easier and worth more.
    If seb wins the championship with Ferrari. How can he get more power, it's just makes Ferrari life easier. Where Ferrari will have more power to negotiate deal with seb. Seb will compromise for the sake of strong championship Ferrari car for 2018 , as there is a chance to claim 2018 title too

Interesting development. In all likelihood, this was before Seb found out we have a winning car this year. So Lauda may not be lying about having an agreement with Seb, but there is no reason to think Seb will follow through with it, especially if he can win the WCC this year or even realistically challenge for it. Based on last years car, i dont blame seb for shopping elsewhere.
    Dont think it will happen though. We can only get better from here, now that we have cracked it with this car.
    P.S: And if it is true, he has even less patience than Fernando. Where is that member who was blaming Fernando for "leaving us" when the car was not good, and how Seb will never leave us.
    Silently, like a shadow

My opinion - its not going to happen

Seb will leave, it's just a matter of when - old age, a new challenge, a bigger contract???? That's called life.

But until that day arrives, I'm gonna enjoy the ride to the max.

I am not too overly concerned about Seb right now and all the rumors surrounding his plan next season, I am more concerned about our car's performance.
    Forza Ferrari

I am more concerned about our car's performance
    Totaly agree,if car is fast and reliable we will have good drivers then to challenge Merc.

Has been denied by Lauda live on Sky.
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    Has been denied by Lauda live on Sky.
    yep

Well, Niki Lauda has given a blunt verdict on those rumours that Sebastian Vettel has signed a pre-contract arrangement with Mercedes!

We won't repeat the rather succinct word he used, but he also said this:

"Why would Vettel leave Ferrari when he's winning?

"There is no reason. He will stay in this team, he loves this team, and everything is right. So there is no reason to think all these things."

That's the very same question plenty of people have been asking...

skysports

Next thread daniel Ric to Ferrari or Alonso to Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    no to both.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    no to both.
    amen.
    Forza Ferrari

Guys,
    Vettel did not put a rest on the rumours. Lauda did't say that Vettel will NOT leave. He ASKED why would she leave?
    Bottas is for one year only.

So, it MIGHT be an agreement or even a contract. We will find out after a few months. Remember, in 2016 Vettel was really, really, really nervous.

Ricci, Perez, then Ocon.....in that order. Would MUCH prefer Mad Max above all, the kid is a freak...literally...for his age but he is locked in with RB...contracts can be broken though but it will cost alot of money. Not Alonso, who is talented behind the wheel but thats it; he brings drama and de-stabilizes inter-team culture plus his age is, IF someone were to hire him, would be a tactical (short-term) move.....need to look strategic (long-term).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ricci, Perez, then Ocon.....in that order. Would MUCH prefer Mad Max above all, the kid is a freak...literally...for his age but he is locked in with RB...contracts can be broken though but it will cost alot of money. Not Alonso, who is talented behind the wheel but thats it; he brings drama and de-stabilizes inter-team culture plus his age is, IF someone were to hire him, would be a tactical (short-term) move.....need to look strategic (long-term).
    Ricciardo or Perez is the best replacement. However, if we can't get one of these two i prefer Hulk instead of Ocon to be honest. Nevertheless, these guys are a suitable replacement for Kimi only, not Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ricciardo or Perez is the best replacement. However, if we can't get one of these two i prefer Hulk instead of Ocon to be honest. Nevertheless, these guys are a suitable replacement for Kimi only, not Seb.
    forgot about Hulk.....yes....he would be in front of Ocon...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    forgot about Hulk.....yes....he would be in front of Ocon...thanks
    If DR,perez,max are available then I would pick DR or perez. Not max, because this guy doesn't have patience. If it's inter team battle or any team orders he would not listen. He tries to show his elbow first.
    Perez & daniel are team players.

Max need some more time.

Max need some more time.
    Agree, we should not think about Max in the next 5 years. In 5 years time he will be 24...he's way too young.

Agree, we should not think about Max in the next 5 years. In 5 years time he will be 24...he's way too young.
    Age has nothing to do with it. He is a brilliant racer and i am willing to go out on a limb and say in equal machinery he will beat Seb.
    He should be the one taking any vacant seat we have/if we have next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Considering all listed candidates perhaps it would be easier to make a list of non-candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Age has nothing to do with it. He is a brilliant racer and i am willing to go out on a limb and say in equal machinery he will beat Seb.
    He should be the one taking any vacant seat we have/if we have next year.
    That's debatable really. Maybe he has a bigger potential, however, to early to know. Let RB teach him some manners first and like it or not he'll want to come to Ferrari. They all do at a certain point in their career.

Straight swap with Lewis?!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Straight swap with Lewis?!
    Insanely good driver, but will red suit him though?

Insanely good driver, but will red suit him though?
    I'd have Lewis and Seb as the dream team, would Ferrari allow all the special edition caps as well?! And the amount of our of F1 stuff he does ...