Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seb To Mercedes Next Year?!

Seb To Mercedes Next Year?!

Apparently a well known F1 blogger and Ferrari insider - Leo Turrini found out that Seb has a pre-agreement to join Mercedes for 2018!

This is what he stated:

"It is no secret to anyone that after Rosberg's retirement, Mercedes contacted Seb," he said.

"During the pre-season test in Barcelona, Niki Lauda told friends confidentially that Vettel has a pre-agreement with the Germans for next season."
    I can't quite understand why Seb would do such a thing especially now when Ferrari finally delivered a competitive car and he may win the WDC. Maybe he is more passionate about ending his career in a German team? However, Ferrari might counter Mercedes' pre-agreement now with a new deal when we have a competitive car.

http://en.f1i.com/news/267559-vettel...s-insider.html

I can't quite understand why Seb would do such a thing especially now when Ferrari finally delivered a competitive car and he may win the WDC. Maybe he is more passionate about ending his career in a German team? However, Ferrari might counter Mercedes' pre-agreement now with a new deal when we have a competitive car.
    Seb will not leave Ferrari in 2018 for 3 reasons: 1) He is following his mentor 2) the Scuderia have developed a winning car(finally) 3) Five - on his helmet.

Nothing wrong with talking to MB well in advance just in case he felt(past-tense) the Scuderia did not produce a winning car for 2017. He is keeping his options open as well as he is his own "manager" and not like the others that have managers; he is also knowledgeable on that side of the business.

vet is not going anyware already been discussed.plus turen puts out bogus info every day.put this to bed please

You might be right, i may have overreacted. After all, these talks were held back in pre-season testing when we didn't know exactly how competitive the Ferrari was going to be.

Non story, I'd say.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb will not leave Ferrari in 2018 for 3 reasons: 1) He is following his mentor 2) the Scuderia have developed a winning car(finally) 3) Five - on his helmet.

Nothing wrong with talking to MB well in advance just in case he felt(past-tense) the Scuderia did not produce a winning car for 2017. He is keeping his options open as well as he is his own "manager" and not like the others that have managers; he is also knowledgeable on that side of the business.
    Just think realistically. He's keeping options still open... he doesn't want to follow Alonso route where he stayed at Ferrari & never won championship with us for 5yrs. No wonder this thing is on seb mind already it's 3rd year for him with Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Just think realistically. He's keeping options still open... he doesn't want to follow Alonso route where he stayed at Ferrari & never won championship with us for 5yrs. No wonder this thing is on seb mind already it's 3rd year for him with Ferrari.
    +1

After last season, cannt blame him. But look at this year, front running, and winning car, possible WDC car. Ferrari insider wouldnt say this out in public this early in season. This seems like somewhere, someone wants to rock the Ferrari boat and try to destabilize the team.

This just seems poor click bait.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Seb To Mercedes Next Year?!
    There are three possibilities:
    - he stays
    - he goes to Mercedes
    - he goes elsewhere

We will see how it turns out.

For me this is onlu reasonble scenario

Last year Rosberg goes to out.
    Mercs are in trouble, so in that moment Vettel is not free but one year after that he will be avalaible.
    So merc goes to Bottas and sign him to one year contract.

In that time lots of people had opinion that ferrari is on downslope, maybe was also Vettel, very bad season 2016, new rules for this seasson and Ferrari was never good at reading rules on first sight.

So Vettel sign pre contract and Ferrari is on charge again.

Simple question is:

Is Vettel wish to win championship with Ferrari or he just want to win championship?
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

here's one:

Vettel wins WDC with Ferrari this year and then decides to retire as there's nothing more to achieve in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by zamlatuljko View Post
    For me this is onlu reasonble scenario

Last year Rosberg goes to out.
    Mercs are in trouble, so in that moment Vettel is not free but one year after that he will be avalaible.
    So merc goes to Bottas and sign him to one year contract.

In that time lots of people had opinion that ferrari is on downslope, maybe was also Vettel, very bad season 2016, new rules for this seasson and Ferrari was never good at reading rules on first sight.

So Vettel sign pre contract and Ferrari is on charge again.

Simple question is:

Is Vettel wish to win championship with Ferrari or he just want to win championship?
    Since Vettel was a kid, his life long wish was to win a championship with Ferrari.

Since Vettel was a kid, his life long wish was to win a championship with Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Wolff said in last december, when Nico ended his carrier, that Kimi and Kvyat didn't call about that driver seat.

All F1 drivers are opportunists, Vettel included. Only exception I can think of is Michael

What is this? CNN?

Fake News.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    here's one:

Vettel wins WDC with Ferrari this year and then decides to retire as there's nothing more to achieve in the sport.
    Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What is this? CNN?

Fake News.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Really?!
    why not? not all drivers want to go on till they're 40

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yet one needs to remember how many years it took MS to win a championship with Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

here's one:

Not everyone is Rosberg.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Not everyone is Rosberg.
    Rosberg had 1 title, this would be Seb's 5th.

Rosberg had 1 title, this would be Seb's 5th.
    Seb is young enough to achieve what Michael did if he's got the right car. Hopefully this year is WDC number 5 with Ferrari... hopefully next year is number 6... with Ferrari. Then number 7 and 8 and 9 haha

The good thing is these regulations will remain in place for the next several years. Ferrari has started this era with a fundamentally competitive car, something we've not done since the 2006 change to V6 engines. I think that bodes well for Ferrari remaining competitive for the next few seasons (look at redbull 2009-2014, Mercedes 2014-now). I think Seb will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think Seb will stay.
    You're probably right. Sometimes people do have other plans in life though, so ya never know.

if yu can dream it , you can do it : enzo ferrari
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Seb wont go because plain and simply, he will win the dwc this year.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

i believe vet is staying but ferrari has to comment to this subject now.this is going to get out of control fast and its going to distract them big time

i think vet has to meet the press today and he will be asked and asked till hes blue in the face.i think lauda is just letting this grow to put unwanted pressure on them psyological war fair.they best get out the fire exstinguisher to put this fire out fast

Speaking of Fire....

Lauda stokes the ‘Vettel to Mercedes’ fire

Niki Lauda has done little to quash continued reports that Sebastian Vettel has a pre-agreement with Mercedes for next season, praising the German as the “best at the moment.”
    Former F1 team boss turned TV pundit Eddie Jordan, who got it right when he told the world that Michael Schumacher would return to Formula 1 after his first retirement and would do so with Mercedes, recently stated that he believes Vettel is in talks with Mercedes.

He told Sport Bild: “Of course they’re talking with Vettel. They need to be.
    “Formula 1 is a brutal business. It’s not just about strengthening yourself, but weakening your opponent.”
    Jordan, though, isn’t the only F1 personality who believes a deal, or at least a pre-agreement, is in the bag.
    But rather than quash the rumours, Mercedes non-executive chairman Niki Lauda has thrown fuel on the fire.
    He told Auto Bild: “He’s the best at the moment.
    “He is a straight-lined guy without talking a lot.
    “He knows what he wants, he knows the points where he has to find something within himself to get the maximum performance.
    “Just an incredible guy.”
    Vettel, though, is keeping quiet about his future.
    “I’m here at the moment with Ferrari,” he said. “That’s what it’s all about.”

http://www.planetf1.com/news/lauda-s...mercedes-fire/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Speaking of Fire....

He told Auto Bild: “He’s the best at the moment.
    ]
    So indiretcly Lauda said that Lewis is not best at the moment?

Interesting