Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Spain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    it is gonna be tight fight for pole and race
    Hello. Agree

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Can't help but feel Ferrari are throwing a massive dummy to Mercedes. 2 seconds slower on the soft tires compared to the test times and slower race simulation as well. With a car that has evolved since then, we are clearly holding ours cards back at this stage of the weekend.

Plus the teams have so much data about this circuit that these sessions become slightly less relevant in terms of understanding behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Can't help but feel Ferrari are throwing a massive dummy to Mercedes. 2 seconds slower on the soft tires compared to the test times and slower race simulation as well. With a car that has evolved since then, we are clearly holding ours cards back at this stage of the weekend.
    Different weather condition, higher pressures, Mercedes with huge upgrade, us with.... nothing. I fear we are falling behind once again. I hope it's not true, but we have dominated the practices last race. Now we are struggling in one lap pace and what is more serious, in long run pace, where we were miles behind Mercedes. And I don't see us bluffing... why would we do that?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    doomers and gloomers are again at large.
    They have been panicking since the beginning of the session and will always do

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Different weather condition, higher pressures, Mercedes with huge upgrade, us with.... nothing. I fear we are falling behind once again. I hope it's not true, but we have dominated the practices last race. Now we are struggling in one lap pace and what is more serious, in long run pace, where we were miles behind Mercedes. And I don't see us bluffing... why would we do that?
    If anything the weather is warmer which should be helping us and without any upgrades we should be able to atleast match the times we set at the tests. This car has evolved since the tests as well with updated at Bahrain for example, so I would be surprised if we suddenly went backwards so much against our own times from the tests. We probably have the old PU elements as well for practice. Tomorrow we will be back
    .chin up everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    If anything the weather is warmer which should be helping us and without any upgrades we should be able to atleast match the times we set at the tests. This car has evolved since the tests as well with updated at Bahrain for example, so I would be surprised if we suddenly went backwards so much against our own times from the tests. We probably have the old PU elements as well for practice. Tomorrow we will be back
    .chin up everyone!
    Ferrari will do well tomorrow mark my word, Ferrari deliberately missed most of the apex selling dummy to others

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Ferrari will do well tomorrow mark my word, Ferrari deliberately missed most of the apex selling dummy to others
    Best Sector times for Mercedes added together gives a 1:20:676
    Best Sector times for Ferrari added together gives a 1:20:772

so within one tenth. people here get so hysterical, despite winning 2 out of the 4 races this season people continue to do the same.

hope we get upgrades to catch up asap

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I hope you're right and we beat the dummies on Sunday

Let's hope Kimi's T-wing does not fall off again. Did anyone find out why he(KR) came in from team orders with regards to the engine in FP2?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post

so within one tenth. people here get so hysterical, despite winning 2 out of the 4 races this season people continue to do the same.
    I agree. It's like children. And without naming names, there's one person who's name starts with Z that is always just crying and throwing in the towel.

I don't know that the difference is as small as 1 tenth (I would be happy if it is) - but there is more time to be found for us for sure. This has been a trend throughout the season. We went from being unhappy on a Friday to happy on Saturday in Australia, Bahrain and Russia (at least with Seb in russia). People need to chill. At least complain if/when a bad result happens not just because you have a feeling...

i donno why people are getting panic.
    Seb will get new power element tomorrow for FP3. there is still some time to find.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post

I never liked the 'best sector added' lap times.
    Are you sure those sectors times were done with the same configuration?
    If you do several runs with different downforce configurations you will get record times for fast and slow sectors that would be impossible to post at the same time in a single lap.

I learned not to panic after the qualy in Bahrain. Many people here (including me) were calling it doom and gloom just for Ferrari to dominate the race next day. Have hope.

Does anyone know how many power units each team is on or what site has this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I learned not to panic after the qualy in Bahrain. Many people here (including me) were calling it doom and gloom just for Ferrari to dominate the race next day. Have hope.
    Yeah really beginning to get tired of these doom and gloom on this site. Going bananas after free practice is not right, just like being over optimistic is not good. Last race we locked the front row and didn't win, in Bahrain we looked miles behind in qualy and won the race.

It's Friday so lets chill out. Despite Mercs massise update we are still 0.3-0.5 secs off the Merc time. Remember how far we was off the Mercs in Austrailia after FP2?

not to mention we should have won China if not for the dreaded safety car.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Let's hope Kimi's T-wing does not fall off again. Did anyone find out why he(KR) came in from team orders with regards to the engine in FP2?
    it was false alarm, i think kimi said on the radio something about some debris.
    Forza Ferrari

Friday....

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    it was false alarm, i think kimi said on the radio something about some debris.
    I think the debris was about something fall of Sainz car
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    I think the debris was about something fall of Sainz car
    oh yeah my bad, but after hearing from the commentator that there was really nothing wrong with kimi's engine, i was quite relieved.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    merc will be 0.5 s faster, mark my words
    like in Sochi??

there are signs they are much faster than us, it would be a shame to be killed in one Merc update
    i have the same feeling, and i think it will suck more
    Strange longrun pace so far. 1sec off mercedes over half a second slower than the bulls and just even with Williams and Toro Rosso.
    something is seriously wrong with our cars
    Our longrun pace is horrible compard to mercedes

1s off pace with both rubber
    Thank God we have experts like you around so we don't waste time watching the races

Pathetic posts....
    Vet said he didn't find the sweet spot yet + he would be getting new PU element. It's just Friday, now they fine tune the set-up to the liking & go forward. Good to see Kimi is up there.
    Haven't seen fp2 so couldn't analyse race pace.

Interesting note: whenever I don't see fp2 .. vet won the races.
    Hopefully Sunday vet will win the race

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Thank God we have experts like you around so we don't waste time watching the races
    could not have said it any better mate.....

i used to be one of those people, all doom and gloom from watching friday practices....not anymore...this year Ferrari is holding their cards close to their chest and only playing with the teams like Merc and red bull

we had a strong car at the first FOUR races, so i think we're gonna be competitive here as welll as for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    could not have said it any better mate.....

i used to be one of those people, all doom and gloom from watching friday practices....not anymore...this year Ferrari is holding their cards close to their chest and only playing with the teams like Merc and red bull

we had a strong car at the first FOUR races, so i think we're gonna be competitive here as welll as for the rest of the season
    +1

Ferrari upgrades:
    1. New t-wing
    2. Modified bargeboard
    3. Modified winglet
    4. New monkey tail
    ------ gainlu

The problem with quite a vocal contingent on this forum is that unless Ferrari dominate FP1 to Race day they won't be happy, the reality is that's setting yourself up for a fall, temper your expectations.

The way some people go on you'd think we have lost the title already because of FP1 and FP2. Who would have thought we'd won 50% of the races and locked out the front row at a historically power and Mercedes dominant track at the last race in Russia...not me going by the mass hysteria here.

I will continue to be positive, even if we end up 3 and 4 tomorrow in qualifying, because races are won on the Sunday and we have shown in the first 4 races that we have a quick car in race trim.

Lewis Hamilton seemingly corroborating what I said earlier:

"It's not really changed anything, the gap looks like it's within a tenth between us and Ferrari, which is the same as the last race, we've both made pretty much the identical step.

"It's basically a token of time, you put it on the car and you get that extra tenth or two, whatever it is usually, and that's what we're seeing today."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari upgrades:
    1. New t-wing
    2. Modified bargeboard
    3. Modified winglet
    4. New monkey tail
    ------ gainlu
    And some other things that we can't see i suppose.