Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Spain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

S3 is high demanding for tyres. Ferrari are underperforming in that area means they are on race set-up to look out for tyres.
    Where they can attack later part in race.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    that seems to be the case.
    If that's the case little trouble for us. As we are not getting good starts, now dirty side means should be worrying

Hamilton pole time was not set during last part of Q3 right?
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If that's the case little trouble for us. As we are not getting good starts, now dirty side means should be worrying
    depends on how Ham and Bottas starts out. we could only hope they both have bad start so that we can somehow capitalize.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Hamilton pole time was not set during last part of Q3 right?
    yup, it was his first lap in q3 , he was quicker on his second lap in s1, s2 but lost out in s3

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    S3 is high demanding for tyres. Ferrari are underperforming in that area means they are on race set-up to look out for tyres.
    Where they can attack later part in race.
    That's an exciting prospect and I hope you're right!

will history repeat itself? i hope so for both mercs.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    most disappointing for me has to be Kimi, no fight whatsoever when it matters for anything
    I don't think he's ever been particularly good in qualy.

I'm so relieved now when it's obvious Mercedes' new components didn't give them a big advantage. The gap is extra small, in fact, it looks like we are still faster than them even though we didn't get pole. If only Seb didn't make a mistake and lock-up...
    Hate to say it, but i think Lewis completely nailed that lap.
    Nevertheless, we look pretty powerful, hope for a win tomorrow. However, even if we don't win, i'll be content with Seb second and Kimi third. Then, looking forward to Monaco where i think Ferrari will have a definite edge over Merc because of the track's characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Merc - 0.3s - Ferrari - 0.3s - Red Bull. The Bulls' upgrade package looks to have delivered.
    Yes it is working, Red bull not there yet but closer, My only laugh is all parts that Mercedes brough are just noise, if vettel had not locked up he would have beating Lewis to the pole, weldon Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm so relieved now when it's obvious Mercedes' new components didn't give them a big advantage. The gap is extra small, in fact, it looks like we are still faster than them even though we didn't get pole. If only Seb didn't make a mistake and lock-up...
    Nevertheless, we look pretty powerful, hope for a win tomorrow. However, even if we don't win, i'll be content with Seb second and Kimi third. Then, looking forward to Monaco where i think Ferrari will have a definite edge over Merc because of the track's characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    5 hundredths the ultimate difference over a lap. Who said merc would be half a second in front? Oh yeah, Zike.
    typical dommers he is we could have been on the pole Mercedes can bring in all their Gizmos who cares

To be only 0.05 after such big uptade for Merc is very good

What are you on about? Hamilton did not improve his lap at all in fact he was slower. Vet improved and was faster on first 2 sectors unfortunately last sector is a bit of down to hp and traction and that's where we have been loosing almost half a second.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    typical dommers he is we could have been on the pole Mercedes can bring in all their Gizmos who cares
    Yup that was me, and I'm so glad to be wrong :D

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    we are all having a laugh, we all sometimes get it wrong so no worries mate

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    What are you on about? Hamilton did not improve his lap at all in fact he was slower. Vet improved and was faster on first 2 sectors unfortunately last sector is a bit of down to hp and traction and that's where we have been loosing almost half a second.
    Who cares about improvement. At the end of Q3, Lewis had the fastest time and his fastest time lap was near perfect. He was the best driver today in qualy, like him or not. Seb locked-up and thus missed pole by a very small margin. Not saying Seb sucks but unfortunately Lewis was slightly better.

Who cares about improvement. At the end of Q3, Lewis had the fastest time and his fastest time lap was near perfect. He was the best driver today in qualy, like him or not.
    precisely, Seb himself admitted he made a mistake in the last sector particularly the chicane.
    Forza Ferrari

as i said earlier, it will all go down to whoever gets that perfect lap.
    Forza Ferrari

According to Bianca Leppert (AMus journalist) Vettel revert back to his first PU after water leak in PU2...Don't know the truth..Some said PU3..He also got the third MGU-H and the fourth turbo. Next time penalty

Ferrari are just inspired at the moment. To get Sebs car fixed so fast, and then to have pole position all to play for. Just awesome! Can't wait for the race. Hope for clean starts and good racing! Great job Ferrari!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just have one question what is happening to Kimi, because I can't explain why Bottas still beat him. he gave excuses about setup in the past few races and here today he was still 4th we need him to start coming 2nd or 3rd to help Ferrari win constructer title. 4th is not goo enough and i bet tomorrow Red bull will nail him in the first conner. at the moment he is the weakest drivers in the top 4.
    Last edited by vetalo; 13th May 2017 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    According to Bianca Leppert (AMus journalist) Vettel revert back to his first PU after water leak in PU2...Don't know the truth..Some said PU3..He also got the third MGU-H and the fourth turbo. Next time penalty
    I don't think we need to worry because Ferrari said they know what they are doing about Engine usage

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I don't think we need to worry because Ferrari said they know what they are doing about Engine usage
    Yeah..i know just a little bit concern about our reliability..But today was superb team job..

If it would be the old engine, I wold be so happy (even though if it isn't im happy anyway) coz if mercs with the so many aero updates and along with their so called "phase 2" engine could only make up .05 sec's... Pity of them... Booooo... Mercedes....
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

hows are engine/gearbox etc situation (# of uses) compared to merc?
    we're number one

1st run
    2nd run
    HAM
    21.807 / 29.695 / 27.647 1:19.149
    21.730 / 29.537 / 27.907 1:19.174
    VET
    21.844 / 29.711 / 28.106 1:19.661
    21.626 / 29.440 / 28.134 1:19.200
    BOT
    21.847 / 29.543 / 28.000 1:19.390
    21.752 / 29.709 / 27.912 1:19.373
    RAI
    21.727 / 29.657 / 28.055 1:19.439
    21.616 / 29.810 / 28.168 1:19.594

Even with his best S3 time Vettel can't beat Hamilton..Hamilton S3 time for pole was monstrous

Sorry guys off topic:

Is there the ted's qualifying notebook program for this gp..?
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Sorry guys off topic:

Is there the ted's qualifying notebook program for this gp..?
    Should be uploaded on YouTube any moment now. Will share here when it's uploaded.