Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Spain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Hammertime!!!!!.....he makes it to turn 1, clean, then after that it will be up to tyre strategy. We go for the possible overcut and wait and see when he pits and where he ends behind who and/or traffic; make them make the first move as we are better at tyre management.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Should be uploaded on YouTube any moment now. Will share here when it's uploaded.
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

It's still positive, as Vettel was half a tenth behind Hamilton in Q3 and Ferrari gains on Saturday relative to Mercedes. Also better tyre management can only help.

And what a performance from Alonso! McLaren leading incredibly-tight tier 2... meanwhile Red Bull are about to join the other planet.

Déjà vu ?? this could happen tomorrow https://youtu.be/GVlLI-BI4cA

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    1st run
    2nd run
    HAM
    21.807 / 29.695 / 27.647 1:19.149
    21.730 / 29.537 / 27.907 1:19.174
    VET
    21.844 / 29.711 / 28.106 1:19.661
    21.626 / 29.440 / 28.134 1:19.200
    BOT
    21.847 / 29.543 / 28.000 1:19.390
    21.752 / 29.709 / 27.912 1:19.373
    RAI
    21.727 / 29.657 / 28.055 1:19.439
    21.616 / 29.810 / 28.168 1:19.594

Even with his best S3 time Vettel can't beat Hamilton..Hamilton S3 time for pole was monstrous
    We just dont know what was Vets pace in s3 before thar lock error in final S.Could it be a 27,9 for example???We will never know.
    BUT he where monstrous on the other 2/3 of the track!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We just dont know what was Vets pace in s3 before thar lock error in final S.Could it be a 27,9 for example???We will never know.
    BUT he where monstrous on the other 2/3 of the track!!!!!!
    Exactly. I didn't see anything to say that Hamilton made an error. I'm confident putting aside mechanical issues that we have a strong enough package to win this one. Forza Ferrari, facci orgoglioso di essere rosso

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Start gonna be important. If bottas get ahead it's a headache for Ferrari. Bottas will form a train behind him. Lewis will then cruise to victory.
    So it's imp, vet to hold his position or jump ham. Kimi needs a good start.

Kimi must block Bottas at the start.
    Our cars on dirty side of grid. Hope it's not a big disadvantage

I must say I'm relieved after this qualifying session because because these Merc updates had me worried on Friday.
    As another member said, maybe they added all these bits and pieces to try to fix a more fundamental issue with the aerodynamics of the car.
    The only downside for tomorrow is that in case we can't jump them at the start it's going to be hard to overtake on track given their superiority in S3.

I really really hope they get the jump on the mercs tomorrow. ..other wise it's gonna be sad. Just look at kimi on sainz last year the struggle of the last corner it's impossible to follow close ... I don't think it's ferrari it's just this corner and this year with these cars it's even more accentuated. Take a look https://youtu.be/8KuOErj8WPI

What Even makes it more sad is that it was possible :(

Here are the sector times ... and gosh can kimi for once get it right ?? best_sector_times_69.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    The only downside for tomorrow is that in case we can't jump them at the start it's going to be hard to overtake on track given their superiority in S3.
    You sure they are that superior in S3? Seb admitted he made a mistake on the last chicane otherwise he had that pole in the bag. A pity, but it is what it is, let's hope we can jump Lewis at the start. But yeah, that last chicane makes it hard to overtake on the straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Sorry guys off topic:

Is there the ted's qualifying notebook program for this gp..?
    Here you go

Thank you
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

“I DON’T KNOW HOW THE MECHANICS DID IT”

Seb thanks team for ‘massive effort’. Kimi: “Disappointed, but the speed was there”

Montmelò, May 13th – Scuderia Ferrari secured second and fourth place on tomorrow’s starting grid with Seb and Kimi respectively. But numbers don’t tell the whole story, as a precautionary replacement of the Power Unit on car #5 required an extraordinary team effort to have Seb on track in time for Q1.

“I don’t know how the mechanics did it”, said Seb after the end of the session. “It’s a lot of work to put together. I want to say a big thanks to the team. This morning we couldn’t do what we wanted to. We know the track and the car, and I know that it is working. In the end we could have got pole position, but I missed the apex at the chicane. I was a bit late and lost a bit of time there. But, overall, putting the car on the front row is a massive success. I think we worked really well. We realized that there was an issue and that we could fix it. Tomorrow, with the race rhythm, it will be fine, because when you get into the pace it is easier. A good start looks always good, so we’ll see, but I am confident for tomorrow and I always try to keep a smile”.

Kimi was not as happy, as some small errors during his last flying lap meant that he missed third slot on the grid by 0.066 secs. “The car has been working well the whole weekend and I’m happy with that, but I’m disappointed with the qualifying result . Track conditions were a bit tricky today, better than yesterday though. Although I felt I had a lot of speed I struggled here and there, making small mistakes, hitting the kerb, running wide, so I did not put a good lap together. Tomorrow we’ll try again. We can make hundreds of different plans for the race, but there’s no guarantee things will run as we wish. We know the strategies of our two cars, but we don’t know what the others will do. We’ll try to react in the right time and take the right decisions. The length of the DRS area has been increased: we don’t know if it will make a big difference, but it’s probably going to help a little bit”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

We can cath Hamilton in 1 and 2 sector

Vettels mistake in last chicane

https://streamable.com/k0t8t
    Last edited by Rob; 13th May 2017 at 17:42.

Great effort by the whole team to come back from what we thought would be Seb's elimination in Q1, we are still up there with the Mercs and I wouldn't want to tempt fate by predicting the outcome of the race....just pray for a good result.

Here are the last runs guys. It was nice to watch kept us all waiting till the last second.

https://youtu.be/8OyJjyUnjtw

So it looks like Seb was definitely on front till last S!!!If there wasnt thet lock,he would have being on pole!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    So it looks like Seb was definitely on front till last S!!!If there wasnt thet lock,he would have being on pole!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1q1GO1n9I&sns=em
    We'll get him tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Our cars on dirty side of grid. Hope it's not a big disadvantage
    Ouch for us

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Lewis was on the dirty side last year, we all know what happened. It will be extremely hard at the start. Nevertheless, we are in a good position and i think we'll be faster in race pace. Even if we finish second, no biggie, really. After this race comes Monaco, and we will own them there.

Lewis was on the dirty side last year, we all know what happened. It will be extremely hard at the start. Nevertheless, we are in a good position and i think we'll be faster in race pace. Even if we finish second, no biggie, really. After this race comes Monaco, and we will own them there.
    Ham start was not bad right at that time, but ros held his position. After corner 1, ham was too aggressive & went inside of ros where he was pretty tight rest is known.
    In conclusive, both had good starts

Ham start was not bad right at that time, but ros held his position. After corner 1, ham was too aggressive & went inside of ros where he was pretty tight rest is known.
    Yeah, you got a point.

Yeah, you got a point.
    Sry I was thinking ros was p1 in 2016. But it was ham p1.
    Ros start was normal n down to turn1 he took ham n was p1.

uhhhhhh ......hmmmmmmm.....no....after turn 3 Ham switched to a better "strat-mode" and had a better trajectory while Ros switched to a less aggressive mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjQRudbcmHQ

Fingers crossed we have a mega start to-morrow.
    Go Seb
    Go Kimi

Forza Jules

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...erence-905487/
    Vet saying it's not that big disadvantage on dirty side of track.

So all the doom and gloomers from Friday are quiet now? you would think they would learn but clearly not Great to see us still there after Merc threw everything they have at the car

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari