Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2017 - Race thread

Maurizio Arrivabene: “Shame for the end result, but we leave Spain knowing that we can count on a car that is solid and very quick. Seb’s race was very good from the start, and he was able to lead for many laps. In the last stint, despite being on Medium tires, he held off Hamilton until he had to give way to his main rival, who could take the best of DRS and Soft compound. More time was lost behind Bottas and also because of the Virtual Safety Car, which ended just when we had to pit to cover Hamilton’s move. Kimi’s race did not last long, as he was rammed at the first corner. That’s racing, and we must keep our concentration and humility, as we are aware that there is still a lot of work to do and so much to improve. The championship is still a long way and we are already focusing on the next race at Monaco.”

Sebastian Vettel: “My start was good, I saw Lewis struggle with wheelspin, and kept looking in mirror to see if anybody else had a better start. The first stint went ok, then we had to pit, otherwise they might have got us with an undercut. My second stint was also pretty good: I managed to get close to Valtteri who was all over the place with his tyres. He blocked me, in the end I managed to get past, but by then I had lost an awful lot of time. Then in the last stint we did everything we could, the car was good, it was close with Lewis. I am happy when we have the chance to race the Mercedes cars, we can be very happy but not entirely happy today. The most important thing, though, is that we were in the fight; the team is in great form, we need to improve because we want to be ahead of them.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “I made a good start, but on the main straight I got blocked once by Bottas. I chose to lift and go a little bit on the left to leave him space, but, I don’t know how, he hit me on the right rear corner , my car jumped and I end up going into Verstappen. There was nothing me or Max could have done, when you get hit from behind in that way there’s no way to avoid the collision. I’m pretty sure Valtteri had enough space. Unfortunately my race ended there. Obviously it’s very disappointing, we had been running quite well all weekend and I was happy with the behavior of the car.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    On the Bottas-Kimi-Max racing incident, VB did NOT make a deliberate move to TAKE OUT KIMI. He held his line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUPxFl7AVUg

On holding up Vettel, we would have done the same thing to either one of the Mercs had both Ferrari's been in the race. He was being a good #2 during this race as he was racing with an already 4-race PU...hence it gave out on him.
    Yes but he was behind at that point, She SHOULD HAVE BRAKED AND LET KIMI THROUGH. End of discussion

Let's all look at the bright side of things and look forward to Monaco, hopefully we will have a good race there. I am confident we will have pole there.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Let's all look at the bright side of things and look forward to Monaco, hopefully we will have a good race there. I am confident we will have pole there.
    Yes, and we should not forget that Seb is leading the championship since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Yes, and we should not forget that Seb is leading the championship since day 1
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yes but he was behind at that point, She SHOULD HAVE BRAKED AND LET KIMI THROUGH. End of discussion
    So in this video, since Kimi was behind Bottas, he should have braked and let Bottas through then:

Raikkonen & Bottas Collide, 2015 Russian Grand Prix | F1 Classic Onboard (fast forward to 1min to see the crash set up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAPI3t_9Kg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So in this video, since Kimi was behind Bottas, he should have braked and let Bottas through then:

Raikkonen & Bottas Collide, 2015 Russian Grand Prix | F1 Classic Onboard (fast forward to 1min to see the crash set up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAPI3t_9Kg
    No, this was different. This was kimi's fault 100 % . Bottas didn't see him and kimi was not infront at any point...

Was an entertaining race and the new F1 is sure more fun than the last version.
    It was unfortunate for seb not to get victory. I was certain he had it, cant figure out how hamilton clawed back.
    It would have been spectacular to watch both on softs and having pitted the same time.
    This season is a cracker. I think we have a very very fine edge over the merc. Or so it appears atm.

F1 made a great gesture in inviting the lil kid and his family into the paddock and meet with Kimi. I hear its the change in mgt to liberty media that has brought about the change, and Bernie would never have allowed it.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    let's hope so. I'm thinking of placing a bet on Merc to win the race, with my bad luck that should be enough to jinx them

Quote Originally Posted by long2ma View Post
    Talking about Bottas, I really look down on this guy as soon as he confessed he will do anything the team ask for. He is such a loser without dignity. Wonder how can he be a F1 driver. Shame on him really.
    So you look down on a guy that says he is a team player?
    Do you even understand what F1 is really about?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    So you look down on a guy that says he is a team player?
    Do you even understand what F1 is really about?
    I look down on bottas for messing both kimi's and seb's races and going to retire after all :D

My love for the sport is so high that I still like to continue,
    but I don’t see any reason to fix myself too early. © MS

Quote Originally Posted by long2ma View Post
    Talking about Bottas, I really look down on this guy as soon as he confessed he will do anything the team ask for. He is such a loser without dignity. Wonder how can he be a F1 driver. Shame on him really.
    He is just another Rubens now
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is just another Rubens now
    Well, he deserved to be a second driver in this race. If he had better results in qualy or a better start in the race, he wouldn't have been in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, he deserved to be a second driver in this race. If he had better results in qualy or a better start in the race, he wouldn't have been in that situation.
    Somehow i doubt it mate, remember the previous race when Bottas was on pole but eventually he was asked to let ham pass by.
    Forza Ferrari

I attended the race, was disappointed by the result but amazing atmosphere !!

Just a note guys.
    Yes, strategy lost the race for Ferrari. But the wrong calls where not during the VSC. The wrong call were the very early pitstop and the wrong tyre choice in the 1st pit stop.
    It doesn't make sense to use the harder tyre at the end of the race!

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Just a note guys.
    Yes, strategy lost the race for Ferrari. But the wrong calls where not during the VSC. The wrong call were the very early pitstop and the wrong tyre choice in the 1st pit stop.
    It doesn't make sense to use the harder tyre at the end of the race!
    Had they won using this strategy you wouldn't be saying this now. Every thing is easy with hindsight...

By far the best moment of the race

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6PcZIKnU4
    Exactly!!!!

Well done Kimi and Ferrari

Hey guys back to the qualy check this it shows exactly how he lost it, he seems to have different lines... and by the looks of it, seb did not have optimal lines. Question is, is it because he had no rubber left ?? https://youtu.be/X6IHaqrkaSc

Hey guys back to the qualy check this it shows exactly how he lost it, he seems to have different lines... and by the looks of it, seb did not have optimal lines. Question is, is it because he had no rubber left ?? [video]https://youtu.be/X6IHaqrkaSc[/url]
    So it wasen't only the last chicane after all ...

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That says it all doesn't it ? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6PcZIKnU4
    That and THIS:
    Attachment 7135
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hey guys back to the qualy check this it shows exactly how he lost it, he seems to have different lines... and by the looks of it, seb did not have optimal lines. Question is, is it because he had no rubber left ?? [video]https://youtu.be/X6IHaqrkaSc[/url]
    I don't know, i just know that Seb admitted he made a mistake and locked the wheel at the last chicane.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know, i just know that Seb admitted he made a mistake and locked the wheel at the last chicane.
    Yes OK he sais that and it is true he locked up. But it wasn't all due to that lock up... in fact most of the 4 tenth he had on Lewis he lost it before the last chicane...

Yes OK he sais that and it is true he locked up. But it wasn't all due to that lock up... in fact most of the 4 tenth he had on Lewis he lost it before the last chicane...
    Yeah that's because S3 absolutely killed our car...!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Yeah that's because S3 absolutely killed our car...!
    did you check the video ? it looked as though seb had the wrong lines all throught S3 .

Considering he only off by 0.05s, that lock up did cost him the pole I reckon.