Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2017 - Race thread

The positive we can take from this race is that Seb on medium tyres kept up with Ham on softs.
    If that is so then I would conclude that Ferrari are at least on a par with Merc.
    Today Seb had to drive a longer stint on mediums than he would have liked but that's how it panned out.
    I would conclude that all things considered he did a good job to-day. We cannot win them all.
    Pity about Kimi's race though.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ... I don't see that. Kimi is true gentleman . He's doesn't do that stuff like RB cars & bottas do.
    To be honest bottas did not mean to take out kimi, u could see that clearly he backed out earlier before the corner and kimi went on the outside along with max on the outside of kimi, three cars in the corner and there was supposed to be an accident anyway coz of the increased with and only think I felt that was "too much was bottas holding up web that was really nerve boiling". I had pitty for bottas when everyone were saying he was the no 2 driver but now after this race it's all gone.
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

So damn confident that we have an extraordinary car along with a very strong engine coz I think if seb could hang with ham (who has a much updated car with so call phase two engine) there is nothing much to ask for.. Its only down to the strategy people now.. I hope and believe they can make us winning in future races like they did in the past..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

One little kid will remember Spanish GP for the rest of his life.

Man,of course its your right to discuss the race and the team.Its just sad allways trying to find something bad for the team. (like :marc had better pace,we where bad in s3 and we will be in trouble in Monaco etc).Remenber in Friday and the FPs ,you again where so pessimistic and sure thet we are lost.
    Anyhow want you to know that i have nothing against you.
    I had the exact same conversation we a freind of mine tgis last couple of days.And its jut makes me sad reading bad things from my fellow tifosi!!!!!!
    Just have a nice day,and hope thar from Monaco ,we will just celebrate!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Kindky let me know in which post did i mention anything bad abt the team. ??? All of them were analyzing the bad &good about the race.
    Every Ferrari fan in this forum has right to discuss abt the team.
    If there no right for me to discuss abt the race or abt Ferrari team.
    Then it's waste for me to be in this forum.
    Bye to all... Good luck. Hope vet will be crowned WDC.
    You over analyse and then make rash statements mate, and speak it like fact. It'll be hell on here for 2 weeks now with people stating we're slower on softs than Mercs, when we're not. We're in great shape. Enjoy it. We look good for Monaco which is rare!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I actually think, the Mercedes upgrades worked better, than most of us think, not just solving their tire issues, but also speeding them up... This should have been a track, which suits our car way more, then all the previous ones. There were even talks, that we would destroy Mercedes here, but these were little overoptimistic. But we lost to them. And not just by strategy, their pace was slightly better. I fear we may have a problem now as on the circuits, which will suit Mercedes, they could dominate... If we won't bring some massive upgrade, like they did. I hope my theory is completely wrong though

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

don't forget Merc blew an engine today, so all is not well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Man,of course its your right to discuss the race and the team.Its just sad allways trying to find something bad for the team. (like :marc had better pace,we where bad in s3 and we will be in trouble in Monaco etc).Remenber in Friday and the FPs ,you again where so pessimistic and sure thet we are lost.
    Anyhow want you to know that i have nothing against you.
    I had the exact same conversation we a freind of mine tgis last couple of days.And its jut makes me sad reading bad things from my fellow tifosi!!!!!!
    Just have a nice day,and hope thar from Monaco ,we will just celebrate!!!!!!
    Kindky look at my previous posts for fp1 fp3 fp3 ...quali &race.

Yest too when quali got finished. I said team made race set up that's why we were slow in s3 for better tyre usage. Such was my posts.

Today after race, i just asked one question which I wasn't sure as Monaco is aero & traction track.
    Then comparing to race pace i have provided my analysis which I feel is correct. Once you get the race pace data you will get to know.

Ferrari stand no chance today once Kimi crashed out because clearly Mercedes was going to sacrifice Bottas, that is why felt the could have tried Plan C much earlier on. Vettel stand no chance on Medium even if Lewis soft start to fade out.

But above all I am very happy with Ferrari progress so far.
    Last edited by vetalo; 14th May 2017 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I actually think, the Mercedes upgrades worked better, than most of us think, not just solving their tire issues, but also speeding them up... This should have been a track, which suits our car way more, then all the previous ones. There were even talks, that we would destroy Mercedes here, but these were little overoptimistic. But we lost to them. And not just by strategy, their pace was slightly better. I fear we may have a problem now as on the circuits, which will suit Mercedes, they could dominate... If we won't bring some massive upgrade, like they did. I hope my theory is completely wrong though
    This is what I'm saying from all the time.

Not the result we wanted but hey, Seb drove a blinder and maybe the VSC lost it for us, the car seems pretty much up for a fight with the Mercs on race pace and the Merc upgrades didn't seem any better than ours. Shame for Kimi but he still covered himself in glory with the crying tifoso boy, a great gesture after a rubbish race for him. And it was just coincidence and Seb's late braking that put Massa in his path, no need to put all the blame on him, although I wouldn't hold it against him if it was sour grapes!! On to Monaco and maybe more luck for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    You over analyse and then make rash statements mate, and speak it like fact. It'll be hell on here for 2 weeks now with people stating we're slower on softs than Mercs, when we're not. We're in great shape. Enjoy it. We look good for Monaco which is rare!!

Mate, i didn't make rash statement . I was asking to my fellow Ferrari fans, will we good at Monaco as vet was struggling in s3. This was straight fwd question.
    Practically i feel Ferrari didn't have that raw pace over mercs or mercs upgrades worked for them in race pace. This is what I was trying to conclude

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    While FIA is investigating Force India for not having proper numbers on their cars, I found out something else:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ercedes-trick/

And today at the end of lap 35 Mercedes went out onto the pitlane to trick Ferrari. They came back into the garage before coming out again one lap later. But looks like the anthem presence or the size of numbers is more important. Why not investigating this situation then :P
    Comentators from SKY Germany told that that kind of move is prohibited from this season?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    thats racing, could been worse and retired with few laps left.
    We all remember at the same track just couple of corners left how Mika Hakinen handed the win to MS

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    One little kid will remember Spanish GP for the rest of his life.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_yTh2HWsAEAWez.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_yj4TDXgAAHNgC.jpg
    Picutes of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well journalists sau a lot of things. They said that Barcelona we will beat them,just from the picture they had in the tests.And then Mercs had a lot of problems.So dont worry.After all these updates ,and a new pu i think we where pretty good against them.
    Again (as nani) nothing to say to persuaded you.
    As you me also hope that you are completely wrong.
    Time will tell.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well journalists sau a lot of things. They said that Barcelona we will beat them,just from the picture they had in the tests.And then Mercs had a lot of problems.So dont worry.After all these updates ,and a new pu i think we where pretty good against them.
    Again (as nani) nothing to say to persuaded you.
    As you me also hope that you are completely wrong.
    Time will tell.
    Yeah time will tell.

Its a shame Bottas got away with taking out a few cars at the start, if he had been punished he would not have been able to win the race for Lewis later on.

The motor gods made him pay with the retirement, but it already hurt Vettels titles chances sadly.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

From gianlu
    If you are interested in knowing how much time seb lost today (because of Bottas & VSC/compared to ham) about 14 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Kindky let me know in which post did i mention anything bad abt the team. ??? All of them were analyzing the bad &good about the race.
    Every Ferrari fan in this forum has right to discuss abt the team.
    If there no right for me to discuss abt the race or abt Ferrari team.
    Then it's waste for me to be in this forum.
    Bye to all... Good luck. Hope vet will be crowned WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Don't worry mate. Will b there

Juat one thing abourmt pace on softs.
    Remember that in pre saeson testa,Merc spend almost all8 days running this yellow tires.So they might had somerhing more here in this tires.But honestly (in seb's way ��) i dont think they where faster.Just different strategy (so they pushed differently)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Great race today,could have been 1-3 but thats racing and sport.Good thing is Seb is still leading the WDC ,and in WCC we are just mere 8 points behind.My worries are that in track like Monaco where qualy is very important(and its 4-1 in favour of Merc so far) and where there are lot of slow corners ,and as we saw in S3 merc are better on traction and slow corners.But their car is like a boat ,so it wont be easy in narrrow streets of Monaco.Hoping for a win, its gonna be a u tough and a exciting battle,hopefully with RED on the top.
    Oh and a great gesture by Kimi to sign a give a cap to the young lad,i think he is slowly getting his mojo back so its looking good for Scuderia.

Ted Interviews the Crying Kid! Teds Race Notebook | F1 2017 Spanish GP (Video 2min 42sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_Ckdk-mbA

It's sad that some will just never be happy, look at how we are doing this year compared to last and still some want to attack the team, it's bizarre.

We are on the right path.
    Forza Ferrari

I do feel we need to win in Monaco though, otherwise momentum will firmly be with Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I do feel we need to win in Monaco though, otherwise momentum will firmly be with Mercs.
    I still can not go over this race let alone think about Monaco

we haven't won there since 2001, so surely this is our year? I mean the law of probabilities alone would suggest we must win sometime soon.