Thread: F1 car livery choices going forward...

F1 car livery choices going forward...

Right so as we know the current cars have had to add 3 letter abbreviations or a number to the car somewhere.

Now who's to say in a few seasons time, once Liberty Media really get their heels into the sport, that the cars will start to resemble more NASCAR livery? As in I'm talking HUGE numbers on the side all in fancy font and colour? I feel like it could happen... thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Right so as we know the current cars have had to add 3 letter abbreviations or a number to the car somewhere.

Now who's to say in a few seasons time, once Liberty Media really get their heels into the sport, that the cars will start to resemble more NASCAR livery? As in I'm talking HUGE numbers on the side all in fancy font and colour? I feel like it could happen... thoughts anyone?
    huh????....google Niki Lauda's 1975 312T......or Clay Regazzoni's 1976 312T2......any resemblance with the current SF70-H's large numbers???

Actually, some of the old liveries were pretty far out there lol... they may have inspired NASCAR ;)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Actually, some of the old liveries were pretty far out there lol... they may have inspired NASCAR ;)
    yup....no school like old school.....back then sex was safe and driving an F1 car was dangerous.....NOW, its the othe way around!!!!!

Also, look at Alonso's (#29) livery helmet for IndyCar......that design screams 70's!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yup....no school like old school.....back then sex was safe and driving an F1 car was dangerous.....NOW, its the othe way around!!!!!

Also, look at Alonso's (#29) livery helmet for IndyCar......that design screams 70's!!!!
    Haha, good one