Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who is to say this will be his only chance to win this year? And if we lost the title by 7 points?
    Look at it this way. Kimi needs a win. However, Seb is the WDC contender and Seb should be prioritized. Nevertheless, Kimi should win at least once if he is in a position to do so. What better race to let Kimi win than this one where Lewis is way behind? There will be plenty of other races where you can tell Kimi to back off. I think this one is the most ideal to let him win. After a Monaco win Kimi should be more motivated than ever. He will be more competitive to help Seb for the rest of the season.

Who is to say this will be his only chance to win this year? And if we lost the title by 7 points?
    +1

Ferrari needs to let Kimi take the win if he is in position to. It all depends on where Hamilton will be at the end of the race and how many points Seb will have on him. Tough call for the team. I get it. But Kimi deserves this win if he can keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Here's the radio after P1 :) [video]https://youtu.be/-fXLLJkyoM0[/url]
    compare that with vettel in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    compare that with vettel in Russia
    bwoah, it's only pole

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Ferrari needs to let Kimi take the win if he is in position to. It all depends on where Hamilton will be at the end of the race and how many points Seb will have on him. Tough call for the team. I get it. But Kimi deserves this win if he can keep it clean.

Agree. If Ferrari try to give the win to seb it will cost a damage during the season. Seb need to win being fast that is all I can say now. Let The drivers drive and win by merit.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    Let The drivers drive and win by merit.
    Especially in this kind of a situation when we can afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Look at it this way. Kimi needs a win. However, Seb is the WDC contender and Seb should be prioritized. Nevertheless, Kimi should win at least once if he is in a position to do so. What better race to let Kimi win than this one where Lewis is way behind? There will be plenty of other races where you can tell Kimi to back off. I think this one is the most ideal to let him win. After a Monaco win Kimi should be more motivated than ever. He will be more competitive to help Seb for the rest of the season.
    A win in Monaco for Kimi is not going to feel the same as a WDC for Vettel so I tend to look at the bigger picture and the overall aim to win the titles. I doubt Kimi needs to win here to be motivated.
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi did a better job then Seb, pole around Monaco, he deserves to win. The team can't take the victory from him. Ofcourse, a lot will depend on the threat from BOT. If BOT tries the undercut on Seb and we need to pit Seb earlier to defend from BOT and that means Kimi loses P1, then that's for the team, to get 1-2. But we shouldn't think of the WDC.
    Last time we did that was Germany 2010, it seemed Obvious because everyone wanted the WDC, but it destroyed Felipe I think. If Kimi can win Monaco, he should be allowed to. Also, for Seb, it's a sign he needs to up his game.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Kimi did a better job then Seb, pole around Monaco, he deserves to win. The team can't take the victory from him. Ofcourse, a lot will depend on the threat from BOT. If BOT tries the undercut on Seb and we need to pit Seb earlier to defend from BOT and that means Kimi loses P1, then that's for the team, to get 1-2. But we shouldn't think of the WDC.
    Last time we did that was Germany 2010, it seemed Obvious because everyone wanted the WDC, but it destroyed Felipe I think. If Kimi can win Monaco, he should be allowed to. Also, for Seb, it's a sign he needs to up his game.
    And maybe Seb will do the better job tomorrow when the points are given out I don't think we need to be telling Seb to up his game after what he has been delivering so far this season....unbelievable
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Mercedes employ team orders quite blatantly and it does not seem to have destroyed Bottas. And since they do employ team orders, we're at a disadvantage if we don't do the same.

And maybe Seb will do the better job tomorrow when the points are given out I don't think we need to be telling Seb to up his game after what he has been delivering so far this season....unbelievable
    Yeah i agree with this one. Seb has been outstanding this season. If someone needs to up his game that's Kimi. However, Kimi has delivered a better lap this qualy and got the pole and that's why he deserves full support by the team, especially now when Lewis didn't manage to get into Q3.

WCC points will be the same if they finish after each other despite of the finishing order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    WCC points will be the same if they finish after each other despite of the finishing order.
    That's why nobody has mentioned WCC....obviously.
    Forza Ferrari

More likely people just forgot.

More likely people just forgot.
    Or they know how the points work without someone posting the obvious.
    Forza Ferrari

+1

Sebastian Vettel is not Fernando Alonso, he is not a team killer. And he wont ask the team to prioritize him over Kimi tomorrow.

Maybe they know, maybe they don't. Maybe people just want to put drivers ahead of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    Sebastian Vettel is not Fernando Alonso, he is not a team killer. And he wont ask the team to prioritize him over Kimi tomorrow.
    hahahahaha yeah cause he never got anything like that at Red Bull.....
    Forza Ferrari

Team orders should perhaps not be high on the list today. Surviving the 1st turn etc. and not allowing Bottas & co. jumping them both at start is rather crucial.

hahahahaha yeah cause he never got anything like that at Red Bull.....
    He got beat clean with Ricciardo, he fought Webber for the title in the first run.

Tell me which driver ever performed very well sitting next to Alonso? Other then Hamilton , and we know how that ended between them.

That's why nobody has mentioned WCC....obviously.
    WCC is what REALLY matters to me and although strategically it would be best for Sebastiano to win I am OVERJOYED for our stoic Kimi!. Great work by the team and drivers to put us in this enviable position and hopefully we'll carry it through and finish in the same order. FORZA FERRARI!!!

If the team order comes, Kimi should ignore it and win the race. If Ferrari wants to fire him because of that - go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah i agree with this one. Seb has been outstanding this season. If someone needs to up his game that's Kimi. However, Kimi has delivered a better lap this qualy and got the pole and that's why he deserves full support by the team, especially now when Lewis didn't manage to get into Q3.
    We see what the race brings tomorrow. If Lewis starts making his way back to the front, Kimi holding up Seb, then the team will make the call. End of, doesnt matter if he deserves it or not. Emotions and nice gestures mean nothing when WDC WCC is at stake. I want see Kimi take it tomorrow, but theres alot of things that may effect that outcome. People will not like it, but thats what a team sport is all about.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Kimi on pole as Ferrari secures front row lock-out in Monaco

Montecarlo, May 27 – It’s the most famous and challenging track on the calendar, the one which calls for maximum performance from both the car and the driver. Securing pole position here is more of a reward than anywhere else; locking out the front row is a synonym for sensational team work. At Monaco today, Scuderia Ferrari did it. The last one-two for the team on the grid in the Principality dates back to 2008. A perfect lap crowned Kimi’s performance through the weekend so far, giving him his 17th pole position in Formula One. Sebastian’s lap was only slightly less perfect, with a gap of just over 4 hundredths of a second to his team-mate at the finish line.

“It’s great to be on pole position” said Kimi, “this is one of the races where it is probably most important to be at the front. Half of the job is done, but we still have a big challenge in front of us tomorrow. So far so good, I’m happy with the car. This is a very special place, it’s been a bit tricky to get everything working as we wanted, but in qualifying things fell into place: and very small things make a massive difference in the lap time here . We got it right, the team put me in a very good position every time; things were running smoothly and hopefully tomorrow we can get a great result with both cars. We have to make a good start and try to stay out of trouble. It’s quite a short run to the first corner, cars are wide and it’s tricky to pass. We’ll try to do our best, but it’s not going to be easy, as many things can happen out of your control. The most important thing for me is to be in the same position tomorrow when it comes to the end”.

As for Sebastian, he’s not making any excuses for missing out on pole today: “I am not happy with myself because pole position was up for grabs, but it’s great for the team. If I had to give up pole position and hand it to someone, I would choose Kimi. I am happy for him. He did a very good job in qualifying. As I said, it’s been fantastic for the team, but I am not totally happy with my performance today. I should have done a better job overall. The car was good, so it was my mistake. I was a bit too greedy in my last run. Now it is impossible to make predictions for tomorrow, all we have to think about is the start, the pace, the strategy, and then try to put everything together. So, we are going to prepare for the race as usual”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    He got beat clean with Ricciardo, he fought Webber for the title in the first run.

Tell me which driver ever performed very well sitting next to Alonso? Other then Hamilton , and we know how that ended between them.
    And Red Bull still gave him favours.....so what are you on about? Alonso is gone he is not relevant to tomorrow's race for Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

But letting Seb through could kill kimi confidence and affect his driving which will cost us points in the wcc like it did with massa

A win in Monaco for Kimi is not going to feel the same as a WDC for Vettel so I tend to look at the bigger picture and the overall aim to win the titles. I doubt Kimi needs to win here to be motivated.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    If the team order comes, Kimi should ignore it and win the race. If Ferrari wants to fire him because of that - go ahead.
    It won't be a team orders. Frrrari has change. Like Grieg is saying. WCCits more important and if they finish as is nothing change. If sab can keep what he is doing he will win the race. If not the point for the team is the most important now.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"