Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 688

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    i missed fp2..what happened to mercs???
    Looks like the Mercs went the wrong way on setup for this session (and couldnt revert back given how long it takes to) but looks like we do have the edge here.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    if we play our cards right then yes, also the strategy and of course the timing when safety car comes.
    Oh yeah definitely. Let's hope there won't be a safety car before the first pit stop as we can be very poor when it comes to strategy under safety car.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    528
    I see merc have brought a truckload of sandbags to monaco

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I see merc have brought a truckload of sandbags to monaco
    We've brought a lot of bags with downforce as well.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,134
    Somehow I cannot believe that this is Mercedes actual speed. One second down?!?!?!

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We've brought a lot of bags with downforce as well.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ferrari World
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Somehow I cannot believe that this is Mercedes actual speed. One second down?!?!?!
    I do.
    Forza Ferrari


  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ferrari World
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Somehow I cannot believe that this is Mercedes actual speed. One second down?!?!?!
    remember singapore 2015.
    Forza Ferrari


  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    1,957
    Well Toto said ,thet tried a set up that it didnt work.So we have to wait to see where they are with a "proper " set up (if they can find one).
    BUT still i think we are clearly ahead.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  10. #190
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    94
    A good day for both of the drivers, like I said we should be at least about 0,1-0,2 s per lap faster here then the nearest competition. But still we need to keep our feed on the ground. We will know more on saturday.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    367
    I think there are encouraging signs, but as Toto and Bottas said post session they went the wrong way with setup. They will come back strong on Saturday and we need to be ready. Things are looking good but never count your chickens people

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well Toto said ,thet tried a set up that it didnt work.So we have to wait to see where they are with a "proper " set up (if they can find one).
    BUT still i think we are clearly ahead.
    Just wonder why they didn't try the new setup on just one car instead of on both. But it looks like seb is comfortable with the car which is a good thing.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ferrari World
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Just wonder why they didn't try the new setup on just one car instead of on both. But it looks like seb is comfortable with the car which is a good thing.
    or perhaps vettel is better driver when it comes to street circuit.
    Forza Ferrari


  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,234
    Formula 1‏Verified account @F1 · 29m29 minutes ago

    VET: "It's weird what happened to Mercedes [P8 & P10] but I'm pretty sure they'll find a reason and be back in force on Saturday"


    Formula 1‏Verified account @F1 · 36m36 minutes ago

    BOT (on Mercedes' P8 and P10): "Our changes between FP1 and FP2 went in the wrong direction. We hope gap to Ferrari isn't real"

  15. #195
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,234
    the merc's are clearly sandbagging....let's hope Ferrari has MORE in the tank and we'll show our hand even more come QUALI

  16. #196
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prague - CZ
    Posts
    157
    Love this shot

    585982042.jpg

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    or perhaps vettel is better driver when it comes to street circuit.
    I also think so, because he is mega in Singapore too.
    Maybe, he is more like Senna in that regards? Balls to the walls type?

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,001
    Bottas however did say to Ted that they seem to take longer to put heat onto the tyres unlike Ferrari. This would be crucial over here to bank in a good lap.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prague - CZ
    Posts
    157

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,234
    Kimi was fined for speeding in the pits for both FP1 & FP2!!!

    Maybe that some bloke was standing in front of him!!!

    2017 Russian Grand Prix: Best of Team Radio

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69RFpkGxlUU

  21. #201
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prague - CZ
    Posts
    157

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,182
    Shattered lap records already. Not really too surprising, this is the track where the tires will play the biggest role.

    Hopefully Ferrari's pace remains as on Friday the track is open to the public and it can change quite a lot when compared to Saturday.

  23. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    the merc's are clearly sandbagging....let's hope Ferrari has MORE in the tank and we'll show our hand even more come QUALI
    "merc's are clearly sandbagging"...yeah, that's what a lot of people thought before Singapore 2015 qualifying as well.

    As Anthony Davidson once said: "There isn't anything to gain from sandbagging". There's just no point in it, all you would accomplish is ruining your own team program and not getting the correct data. Merc is not sandbagging, they just didn't get the setup right in FP2. Hopefully they won't get it right on Saturday either. But whatever merc does, it's clear that Ferrari has a lot in reserve too, and with Ferrari having a much better and productive FP1 and FP2 they'll go into Saturday full of confidence, while merc has to figure out their setup issues.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI


  24. #204
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,134
    Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    I do.
    I just don't want to be unpleasantly surprised come Saturday/Sunday...

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    "merc's are clearly sandbagging"...yeah, that's what a lot of people thought before Singapore 2015 qualifying as well.

    As Anthony Davidson once said: "There isn't anything to gain from sandbagging". There's just no point in it, all you would accomplish is ruining your own team program and not getting the correct data. Merc is not sandbagging, they just didn't get the setup right in FP2. Hopefully they won't get it right on Saturday either. But whatever merc does, it's clear that Ferrari has a lot in reserve too, and with Ferrari having a much better and productive FP1 and FP2 they'll go into Saturday full of confidence, while merc has to figure out their setup issues.
    Good ponit

  26. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,105

  27. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,234
    Stroll making a comparison regarding where he crashed today in Monaco AND his playstation game............really??



    Stroll struggling with same corners as "on PlayStation"

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...crashl-910273/

  28. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Stroll making a comparison regarding where he crashed today in Monaco AND his playstation game............really??



    Stroll struggling with same corners as "on PlayStation"

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...crashl-910273/
    I'm sure the team saw it as a "little crash" too. pfft.

    One would think Williams would have a better simulator than a playstation lol.

  29. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I'm sure the team saw it as a "little crash" too. pfft.

    One would think Williams would have a better simulator than a playstation lol.

    Yes they do. I think the Stroll-er was comparing it to his $30k sim at his mansion and has logged alot of hours on it.

  30. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Red Planet
    Posts
    229
    Our pace looks good for the race, hopefully we can fine tune the set-up more to get the front row on Saturday. Having said this, Im worried that the SC will ruin our race yet again. Fingers crossed...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •