Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

Don't mean to get sentimental ladies and gents......thought I would post. Happy Anniversary JB17 P9

Attachment 7151

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Yes.. But for now I rather see our closest rivals finishing furthest away from us
    That's fine, argument was should we hope & pray rivals DNF?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    That's fine, argument was should we hope & pray rivals DNF?
    A wins a win doesn't matter how you get it i would rather win by pure pace than luck but you still get 25 points no matter how you win

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If Hamilton hits the wall then Seb is the better driver for not hitting the wall. So, nothing wrong if we win like that. If they DNF because of a technical issue Ferrari is the better team for not having technical issues. If we win on pure pace then we are again the better team for having the better pace. So, nothing wrong in winning either way. Nevertheless, It would be good if Hamilton doesn't get any points here.
    Im not talking about that, please read what I replied to. I was saying, dont wish that Hamilton crash or something. So, when we win it out right, then they have no way to make excuses. I was not saying taking the win or not. I was saying, dont wish bad on others, so I was agreeing with that post. The best way to win is win outright, so then it gives the best indication of where you are, not because others crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If Hamilton hits the wall then Seb is the better driver for not hitting the wall. So, nothing wrong if we win like that. If they DNF because of a technical issue Ferrari is the better team for not having technical issues. If we win on pure pace then we are again the better team for having the better pace. So, nothing wrong in winning either way. Nevertheless, It would be good if Hamilton doesn't get any points here.
    Bingo!

I don't wish ill will on anyone, but Hamilton not finishing is much better for our situation than him finishing second place behind Vettel.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Don't mean to get sentimental ladies and gents......thought I would post. Happy Anniversary JB17 P9

Attachment 7151
    What a shame... He would have been the perfect replacement for Kimi.

Disappointed Since 2010

If we are fast enough, qualify in Q2 on SS, start the race on those, we can run to any time we get a gap big enough or SC in the race to pit and stay in front. No one is going to pass us here on the track unless we make a mistake. Kimi has to be on the front row with Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    If we are fast enough, qualify in Q2 on SS, start the race on those, we can run to any time we get a gap big enough or SC in the race to pit and stay in front. No one is going to pass us here on the track unless we make a mistake. Kimi has to be on the front row with Seb.
    The Ultrasoft may just offer a bit more grip off the line but I think what you said is a good strategy as the SS will stretch the pit stop window.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    The Ultrasoft may just offer a bit more grip off the line but I think what you said is a good strategy as the SS will stretch the pit stop window.
    US tyres can do a whole race distance even more- according to Pirelli. So the SS tyres would make us slower a bit and less grip at the start and offer no benefit at all regarding pit window.

I like the idea of the start on the SS tyre, but it's just too big a risk to line up on the grid against the others on the ultra softs. On the plus side, the SS tyres won 't be slow when finally coming out from a pit stop, and we'll most likely see record fastest laps set on them in the final 10 laps of the race.

good idea

I don't see the point in taking the risk. There is no need to be on the faster tyre at the end as it's impossible to pass anyway. Also, Ferrari's pace on the SS is superior to the others anyway so if we run it at the end we'll still be faster than the others on the same tyre. IF (repeat IF) we have superior pace, then it's safer to be on the same tyre as others and simply go faster anyway.

A fairytale would be Kimi getting into the Monaco zone by either getting pole and/or the win. It would be just the tonic he needs because we see glimpses of his great speed but just at a diminishing level! Probably a 15 to 1 chance, so here's hoping.

This is the most confident that I've seen Seb all year. Seb's confidence is usually the best barometer of how competitive the car is.
    Forever Ferrari

Guys, just a reminder, before all this tactitac ideas about on what tires and when Ferrari should be, first we need to lock up first row! From there we will see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys, just a reminder, before all this tactitac ideas about on what tires and when Ferrari should be, first we need to lock up first row! From there we will see how it goes...
    I don't think strategy will matter that much..
    After the start drivers wille just follow each other. Ultrasoft are so hard (for this circuit), they will last very long, so probably by the time the leading drivers would pit they are already lapping other drivers, so because of that traffic the gaps can close up or become even bigger, so undercut is also difficult.
    Crashes and SC will make the race, so it will depend on how you react to that.

Personally I still believe in Kimi but I think he's not going to deliver this weekend, which is a shame because RBR seem to be in the mix and both Mercs will be up there, so Seb is on his own. This gives Mercs advantages since they can split strategy and for instance pit BOT early to try and force Seb in early pit stop aswell etc etc
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Forza Ferrari

excited hope we dont have any reliability issues like the last race weekend

Botas on US, Mercs changed their setup from FP2

Honda to take a 15 place grid spot penalty for changing engine components on Buttons car

Honda to take a 15 place grid spot penalty for changing engine components on Buttons car
    damn the penalties begin

sacrificial lamb for alonzo.
    Forza Ferrari

botas currently set a 1:14:122 going faster each lap

Kimi 1:13:568

the display showing kimi on softs but i think thats an error... *on US

close call on Kimi.
    Forza Ferrari

was that Kimi or Vettel that almost hit the barricade?

nonstop talk about honda and mcleran while action out on the track

Kimi p1 1:13:379
    Vet p2 1:13:464
    Bot p3
    Ham p4

Encouraging pace. We've got 2 tenths on the Mercedes at the moment. Any ideas on why we're 6 tenths slower than Fp2 times?? Track just seems slower at the moment...? Or track temp? Anyone?