Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Our pace looks good for the race, hopefully we can fine tune the set-up more to get the front row on Saturday. Having said this, Im worried that the SC will ruin our race yet again. Fingers crossed...
    Yeah this year SC ruined our race 3 times, which cost us 2 wins. We got away with other one.
    On the other hand, SC was good luck for mercs. It saved them.

Need to watch, wt will be the outcome this time.

Ferrari president SM about sebs contract "if he likes the car he can stay as much he wants".

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah this year SC ruined our race 3 times, which cost us 2 wins. We got away with other one.

However, in Spain it wasn't Mercedes' luck as it was our poor strategy. We really need to be very clever here under SC. SC will come for sure, i just hope it won't be before we pit. After that, no worries as it will be a one stop race.

do you guys think Ricciardo could be a serious threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    do you guys think Ricciardo could be a serious threat?
    Not really, but RB may beat Merc though I think Mercedes were not really sandbagging and may experience a debacle here in Monaco. Remember Singapore 2015? I think Singapore 2015 will happen to Mercedes here in Saturday/Sunday.
    Last edited by Stormy; 25th May 2017 at 19:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Not really, but RB may beat Merc though I think Mercedes were not really sandbagging and may experience a debacle here in Monaco. Remember Singapore 2015? I think Singapore 2015 will happen to Mercedes here in Sunday.
    i really, really hope that what you're saying will come true come saturday, sunday.....but i wouldn't count MY chickens just yet, if you know what i mean....Mercedes for all we know could be sandbagging OR not showing their full hand just yet.

if we see this kind of struggle from them in QUALI, then i would suggest they may have a problem, but until then i'd be very cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    if we see this kind of struggle from them in QUALI, then i would suggest they may have a problem, but until then i'd be very cautious.
    Yeah of course, i'm cautious as well. It's still Merc we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i really, really hope that what you're saying will come true come saturday, sunday.....but i wouldn't count MY chickens just yet, if you know what i mean....Mercedes for all we know could be sandbagging OR not showing their full hand just yet.

Mercs clearly struggling with tyre temp window. They neither seems to be strong on SS & US tyres.
    Toto was saying from earlier races, their car is sensitive to set-up & tyre temp range. So fp2 is clear indication of that.

If track temp are similar to fp2, i see them struggling for pace. Even though they find some solution like they did in Russia think so where they do back to back high 1.50's n then went for quali lap
    If theres no solution then it's singapore gp repeat which will be good for seb in WDC standings.

imo thats why Kimi's poor performances compared to Seb really put Ferrari in a hard place with strategy and timing

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    imo thats why Kimi's poor performances compared to Seb really put Ferrari in a hard place with strategy and timing
    Kimi needs to up his game, else vet will be handicapped where mercs can attack seb directly with two cars against one. As we saw in Barcelona. It will hinder vet wdc chances and also teams WCC challenge.

Kimi needs to make it hard for mercs guys to pass him. At the moment I don't see it. This is the Ferrari weakness currently.

Let's hope for a trouble-free week-end. We haven't won in Monaco since 2001. I think it's about time :)

Kimi needs to up his game, else vet will be handicapped where mercs can attack seb directly with two cars against one. As we saw in Barcelona. It will hinder vet wdc chances and also teams WCC challenge.

Kimi needs to make it hard for mercs guys to pass him. At the moment I don't see it. This is the Ferrari weakness currently.
    To be fair In Spain, Bottas kicked Kimi out of the race I first lap, not his fault. Anyway I will love to have Cheko in the other red car.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

World Champions Kissing The Barrier | F1 2017 Monaco GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVNT0ZaA7c

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Let's hope for a trouble-free week-end. We haven't won in Monaco since 2001. I think it's about time :)
    Yes please!
    also rapper kid is long overdue a DNF at monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Yes please!
    also rapper kid is long overdue a DNF at monaco.
    I don't see dnf untill n unless a mechanical failure.

I don't see dnf untill n unless a mechanical failure.
    He can make a mistake in qualy though.

[QUOTE=nani_s23;939419]I don't see dnf untill n unless a mechanical failure.[/QU

A safe DNF between Bottas and Lewis fighting each other would be great. 0 points for Merc & drivers!!

Guys you shouldn't wish misfortune on others just so we can succeed. Ferrari is capable of succeeding against Mercedes when they're at their best. There is no need to wish them a DNF. Put your energy into hoping Ferrari can simply do a better job. I have confidence that they can. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Guys you shouldn't wish misfortune on others just so we can succeed. Ferrari is capable of succeeding against Mercedes when they're at their best. There is no need to wish them a DNF. Put your energy into hoping Ferrari can simply do a better job. I have confidence that they can. Time will tell.
    I have to agree. Well said. Also, when we do that, then they have no other excuse, they cannot say we won because hamilton hit the wall. When we win like that, we win because we are the best, because we can. Be proud of our team. Lets do this for Michael and for Jules. Jules got his first points here and saved Manor for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    +1, I don't get it why winning a race with your competitor having misfortunes makes some people happy

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    +1, I don't get it why winning a race with your competitor having misfortunes makes some people happy
    Rosberg would not win the title without Ham misfortune, but nobody is talking about it, it's a part of this sport

We should be happy if our cars are more reliable.

When it comes to armchair racing a Formula One car, I must say that it does not look as hard as what it obviously is. On the other hand, when you see them in Monaco from the driver's view, it looks absolutely, mind-blowingly difficult to keep off from the side barriers - especially through the sharp chicanes leading into the last few corners. The drivers are caught between a rock and a hard place - stay within their comfort zone and they'd be at the bottom of the times' list. Push harder than you instinctively want to, and risk clipping a barrier, which shunts you into the next barrier! Of course, that's under perfect conditions; try doing all that with a damp track, let alone a rain downpour! Hats off to all of these drivers :)

Anyone know if Vettel's record braking lap video is available?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I have to agree. Well said. Also, when we do that, then they have no other excuse, they cannot say we won because hamilton hit the wall. When we win like that, we win because we are the best, because we can. Be proud of our team. Lets do this for Michael and for Jules. Jules got his first points here and saved Manor for another season.
    If Hamilton hits the wall then Seb is the better driver for not hitting the wall. So, nothing wrong if we win like that. If they DNF because of a technical issue Ferrari is the better team for not having technical issues. If we win on pure pace then we are again the better team for having the better pace. So, nothing wrong in winning either way. Nevertheless, It would be good if Hamilton doesn't get any points here.

If Hamilton hits the wall then Seb is the better driver for not hitting the wall. So, nothing wrong if we win like that. If they DNF because of a technical issue Ferrari is the better team for not having technical issues. If we win on pure pace then we are again the better team for having the better pace. So, nothing wrong in winning either way. Nevertheless, It would be good if Hamilton doesn't get any points here.
    Of course the driver that fails to have a DNF because of a collision is a better driver; but that goes ways from actually wishing a driver to have an accident in order for the driver of ones' preference to win.

If someone is to have a racing accident, so be it; but one should actually wish for the drivers to race it out and may the best one win.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

What if Vettel was leading the race and raikonnen is second with a 40 sec lead and at the final lap both Hammy & Bottas suffer mechanical issues and DNF. Wouldn't you be happy? I'd smile a little.

I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What if Vettel was leading the race and raikonnen is second with a 40 sec lead and at the final lap both Hammy & Bottas suffer mechanical issues and DNF. Wouldn't you be happy? I'd smile a little.
    That will be irrelevant no? I'd much rather focus on Ferrari winning no matter who finishes where. If we are good enough to win, I'll be happy to see all cars finishing the race behind

If the race is a one stopper(according to the Pirelli article below) AND Vettel is P1, he just has to build a gap, then pit and put on the SS, then Kimi pits on the same lap (undercuts possibly) and puts on the SS and its a Ferrari 1-2 finish.....BOOOOOM!!!!

Pirelli says ultrasoft can run whole race in Monaco

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...co-910541/?s=1

I hope MB does NOT figure out their issue that way RB and possibly STR can be between Vettel(hopefully Kimi...) and the MB.

That will be irrelevant no? I'd much rather focus on Ferrari winning no matter who finishes where. If we are good enough to win, I'll be happy to see all cars finishing the race behind
    Yes.. But for now I rather see our closest rivals finishing furthest away from us