Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix De Monaco 2017 - Race

What are all the people moaning about? I don't get it. Both drivers had equal opportunities to win and Seb was simply faster at the end of the day, nothing more to it. Kimi had his opportunity to win, but he just wasn't fast enough. Ferrari did absolutely nothing wrong, great pit stops, and gave both drivers fair treatment. It could've easily gone Kimi's way if he had been faster with new tyres after coming out of the pits, but Seb was simply able to be faster with used tyres. Traffic also hindered Kimi's progress while Seb had the luck of no backmarkers in front of him, and that made the difference. Some people are just upset because Ferrari didn't let the "ultra popular" Kimi win, even though it was clear that Seb was simply faster. If at Merc Hamilton would've jumped Bottas after pit stop then nobody would complain, but when it happens at Ferrari then suddenly it's "all wrong" LOL. Crazy.

Great 1-2 win and in Monaco of all places. The 16 year wait is finally over. Couldn't be happier. Fantastic! Forza Ferrari!!!!!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Dull dull dull race. But still a very significant and special 1-2. Grateful to both drivers and the whole team. Great great job Ferrari!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    All these debate of Kimi/ Vettel conspiracy start from one person: DAVID CROFT. Someone just needs to shut him from playing with people's minds.
    Yes, exactly. Croft absolutely loves talking negatively about Ferrari and getting people riled up. He's a pathetic, bitter, Hamilton fanboy. The most biased commentator ever.

Pat Symonds the ex Williams man is surprisingly the least biased commentator on Sky. Speaks pure truth. The faster driver won today, simple as that.

The question is, was something discussed upfront and did it just happened top be that a clear swap wasn't necessary because Seb could win without?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    The question is, was something discussed upfront and did it just happened top be that a clear swap wasn't necessary because Seb could win without?
    Seb won because of pure pace. Period.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

i'm sure most of the conspiracy theorists are ham fanboys, can't accept the fact that Seb won with superb pace and at the same time stretching his lead further in the WDC standings..

even if Seb made the undercut and still won, these guys will still find a reason to whine and call out Ferrari for team orders.. damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing.. sign of sore losers really..

I agree, faster driver won today. Was a bit sad because Kimi lost, would have wanted him to win, but team needed this, Seb needed this for the championship.
    So, guess we all need to suck it up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Seb won because of pure pace. Period.
    Agree 100%, the thing is Kimi suggested a team order on sky. So that keeps me wondering if there was something decides upfront (but just wasn't necessary)
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

And look how Sky Sports F1 went overboard to create this sort of 'conspiracy'out of nothing: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...kimi-raikkonen

What I mean is that if the strategy was different, Kimi would have won. The strategy favored Seb. I don't fault the team for doing what they did, it was the right decision. I just would have liked to see it the other way around.

If this was mercedes nothing would be said about it kimi asked to pit on the radio

Kimi had plenty of laps to pull a gap on Seb, he never done it and Seb took full advantage.
    Forza Ferrari

Funny how if seb was allowed to pit first then everyone would say Ferrari favoured him. Kimi was slow today. Nothing more to add.

Here's Kimi with sky uk - post race interview https://youtu.be/siito-KHIxU

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What I mean is that if the strategy was different, Kimi would have won. The strategy favored Seb. I don't fault the team for doing what they did, it was the right decision. I just would have liked to see it the other way around.
    I don't know why you think that. The strategy did not favor Seb, his being faster did. If the team had done the pit stops the other way around Seb woud still have won, and you'd be still saying "The strategy favored Seb". Because it's the result you object to, not the strategy.

I think Seb was bit faster today. Still that does not mean anything in Monaco if you are behind other car. Pitting Kimi was not brightest moment for the team. Bit slower than Seb's pit stop and they put Kimi behind JB and PW - time lost. One lap later and it would have been much better timed.
    After Kimi found him self behind Seb he stopped trying and just saved the car.

Here in monaco you don't need to be the fastest car in the train - just in front. After quali I guess That what Kimi was waiting. Better pit stop and it could happen.
    After all good 1&2.

Great race by Ferrari today!! Amazing result.

Is anyone following the Indy 500? Any free streaming links?

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I think Seb was bit faster today. Still that does not mean anything in Monaco if you are behind other car. Pitting Kimi was not brightest moment for the team. Bit slower than Seb's pit stop and they put Kimi behind JB and PW - time lost. One lap later and it would have been much better timed.
    After Kimi found him self behind Seb he stopped trying and just saved the car.

Here in monaco you don't need to be the fastest car in the train - just in front. After quali I guess That what Kimi was waiting. Better pit stop and it could happen.
    After all good 1&2.
    I admit that how backmarkers blocked Kimi was a pretty frustrating scene to see. But having Vettel come out of pit with Kimi right behind his tail somehow gave me a thought that he could have capitalized on it. But his laptime kept falling from 2 to 9 seconds gap with Riccardo all over his mirror. Another chance came during SC and still he wasn't able to put pressure on the leader. Both lead to the conclusion that Vettel had the SS tyre worked better than Kimi's.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post

Motorsport section...Race is about to start....

Hello! New member here but a SF fan since '96. I couldn't believe it when I read yesterday that our last |Monaco win was in '01 when I was 15. Feel so old :))

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYetnfxq9vk live

to be honest, when the pit happened i thought myself the team prioritized kimi over seb. the thought of undercut was there.even red bull thought off it with verstappen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    Thank you

If Ferrari were favouring Seb they'd have pitted him first. Everyone's just ****hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    If Ferrari were favouring Seb they'd have pitted him first. Everyone's just ****hurt
    I don't believe so. I think at that stage hot used US would have still been faster than cold new SS and Kimi could have pitted the next lap and retained the lead by a fraction of a second. At that point, hold station.

Either way. Great result for the team. I am a Ferrari fan first and foremost, but it would have been nice to see Kimi win. This would have been the least impactful way to do it. If Ham is running 3rd, understand the need to have Seb come in P1 over P2. Today, it would not have been as detrimental to Seb's WDC chances. Then again, you never know. Championships have been lost by 1 point so if the team made the strategic call to help Seb win, I get it.

It is what it is no need to be sad. Still interesting news from Ferrari team... Kimi's race engineer Dave Greenwood was really upset of something that team did. There has been some serious talking an unhappy people. This was told by Toni Vilander who has pretty good sources inside the team. Hope the harmony is not broken.

Well, harmonies come and harmonies go.

Never mind, Kimi will bring home our next 1-2 in Canada