Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix De Monaco 2017 - Race

So funny watching sky and reading bbc feed.
    Matter of fact is kimi was in best position and was lapping 1.17s. He wasn't quick enough
    Ferrari didn't engineer anything. Seb was faster and showed his race craft
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Vettel: "It feels unbelievable. It was a very intense race. I hoped to have a better launch at the start and I had to be patient. The tyres started to slide in the first stint and the pack were catching up a bit but then I had a second attempt and had a couple of laps where the car was really really good. I was able to use that window to come ahead and after that I could control the race.

"It was really difficult after the restart with the cold tyres.

"We couldn't plan much. We tried to pull away which we did. At that point the window opened. Kimi responded to Valtteri's stop. I tried to push as hard as possible and I was surprised to come out in front."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner on their pit stop decisions which saw Ricciardo get by Verstappen.

"In the situation we were in, Max had the pace on Bottas so we went for the pitstop. It was four tenths slower than we'd have liked and despite a mega out lap he was still that little bit behind Bottas.

"In free air, Daniel put some laps together while the other guys got behind Carlos Sainz and Daniel was able to get the jump on both of them.

"We're pretty happy. Pace-wise the car was very strong. In clean air we showed it was decent. we lost out in qualifying yesterday and we don't have that boost the others have. If we'd qualified a position or two higher, we could have pushed the Ferrari's a bit harder.

"It's a street circuit, emotions are running high. He needs to go through the race. I'll explain it with him. There were some calls he was going to benefit from and others he'd lose out."

And on Ferrari's call:

"Seb just looked quicker. Kimi started running out of tyres. He was given priority which was more than fair and then got caught in a bit of traffic. I think the result would've been the same if Seb did the undercut or overcut."

so for the 2nd time in a row, the pole sitter in Monaco fails to win

Lewis Hamilton on his seventh-place finish:

"I do have the smartest strategists and they said the best result was looking like 10th. I went in with a positive mentality, I pushed hard and I'm happy with the result.

"I came in this morning feeling terrible and didn't sleep well last night. To come away with the points I have I can leave happily and move on.

"The ultrasoft doesn't work well with me, the supersoft was much better. The car was very difficult to drive this weekend."

Damon Questioning toto about tyre pressures, these cheats inflating results, couldnt do it here

I feel it was the right thing for the championship ... but still the image of kimi is heart breaking

As a Ferrari fan in extatic. Happy to see a 1-2 at a track we haven't won since 2001 and happy to see the first Ferrari 1-2 since 2010.

As a Kimi fan I want to tear down the walls and kill everyone. I understand this is the better result for the championship, but with Hamilton in P7 this was the least costly oppertunity to allow Kimi to take the win. This is crap and I am . They could have pitted Vettel first and had the guys hold station.

how did alonso do? at indy

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I feel it was the right thing for the championship ... but still the image of kimi is heart breaking
    they never do team orders though

Kimi's interview https://youtu.be/O4d1n2A0d8A

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    This almost made me cry, i swear

thats in the Motorsports section....Onwards to Canada....thats a power track....fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    thats in the Motorsports section....Onwards to Canada....that a power track....fast.
    who does track favor ? from past results

We might be alright in Canada, no doubt Hamilton will improve and actually be challenging for the win this time

who does track favor ? from past results
    please refer comments in the motorsports section....with all due respect.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Why did Bottas and Verstappen pit before us then?
    With the pace difference between Seb and Kimi, Seb would have gotten him whether he pits first or later...
    Agree, when on SS Seb was 1s a lap faster then Kimi, if he'd pitted earlier he would, depending on traffic, also have a good shot at P1
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    As a Ferrari fan in extatic. Happy to see a 1-2 at a track we haven't won since 2001 and happy to see the first Ferrari 1-2 since 2010.

As a Kimi fan I want to tear down the walls and kill everyone. I understand this is the better result for the championship, but with Hamilton in P7 this was the least costly oppertunity to allow Kimi to take the win. This is crap and I am . They could have pitted Vettel first and had the guys hold station.
    ALLOW KIMI TO TAKE THE WIN? Channel 4 had his team radio on and HE was asking to pit then came out in traffic. Enjoy the win and enjoy the fact it was not a team order race, Kimi would have won if he could have pitted a couple of laps later.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    please refer comments in the motorsports section....with all due respect.
    sorry m8 i meant about canada next *race

Why pit Vettel when he still have some pace left in the tires?

This is nothing new. Some season ago, Alonso and Massa was in the same position where Alonso was behind Massa during the first phase. Alonso fell back to preserve some tires, and towards the pit window, he started closing in, and after Massa pits, put in some fast laps to leap frog ahead.

This is one way to move up a spot in Monaco. Vettel simply the extra pace over Kimi, and was able to use this same approach to pass Kimi.
    It's not any kind of team orders. It something the driver can do on his own.

Well done boys

What a season so far! Last year we couldn't win and were begging for better times start winning again. Now we win and feel 'bad' for our number 2..

My god..we already have a thread 'who will replace Kimi' since the start of the season..

I like Kimi very very very much and I would have been happy as can be when he would have taken victory today.

But Seb drove MAGNIFICENT today

Thank you Scuderia

Looking forward to Montreal.

sorry m8 i meant about canada next *race
    both Ferrari and Mercs......

Cannot believe its been so long since we have won here and how long its been to get a 1 - 2 finish. I am going to enjoy this and savor the moment.

When they interviewed Perez, he said he overtook Stroller, I knew he ment Lance Stroll! But it was so funny!
    Well, he is a Stroller! Baby stroller!

crofty only answering tweets that mention Ferrari pulling the team order

For any one who thinks Ferrari helped Vettel :

1- Do you think that Redbull helped Ricciardo over Max ? why?
    2- Do you think that Mercedes helped Ricciardo over their own driver ?

Cheer up Kimi Having 2nd place trophy presented by Princess Charlene was nice. Seb was definitely jealous lol
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

I think when a team is this competetive, these situations are not uncommon. We might have to deal this more than once this year. I'm rather pleased to see us facing this than scrapping for remaining podium places.

".. allow Kimi to take the win... have the guys hold station..."

So you are annoyed the team did not contrive to give Kimi a result which his own driving did not deserve? This is the best possible result for the team, and we got it without any funny business with team orders. (Mercedes, take note)