Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win The 2017 WDC & WCC?

Who Will Win The 2017 WDC & WCC?

Well folks, I know it's still quite early to conclude who will win this year's WDC & WCC but I'm gonna go out an a limb and predict we will win this year's WDC and WCC.
    Forza Ferrari

Obviously I want ferrari to achieve the wdc and wcc.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

It's looking good so far. Obviously there are many variables that come into play. For me one the question marks is Bottas, how well can he perform? he's already won one race, can he keep improving and become a bigger threat?

As of now it looks Ferrari Vet for WDC, i don't have clear imagination about WCC duely because of Kimi.
    From here on if he performs consistently, We can dream about WCC. But it will be pretty tight.

Basically, we can dream about WDC & WCC after summer break only. Because this is where ferrari tend to loose its advanatage or graph.

We are in a strong position to win both, but a lot of races to go so hard to tell but if we can keep performing as we have the opening 6 races then both titles are achievable.
    Forza Ferrari

I think we have a very good chance at it.
    I really think Vetttel will be the winner this year.

Not because I support Ferrari, but because it looks to me like Ferrari have the fastest car this season.
    Merc seems to be fast in certain situation while struggle in others, but our car has been very consistent this year. Exactly the kind of thing we to win the title.

Vettel will win WDC & it will be a well deserved one. WCC depends a lot upon the number two driver

If Ferrari can break tradition and treat both cars and drivers equal, WDC and WCC wins for sure. There supposedly is no longer a #2 driver @ Ferrari!!! Just look at how Merc slipped once Bottas became #1 & a 1/2 ! Ferrari fans in general must and due keep in mind WCC doesn't matter who as long as there's a string of 1, 2 wins, the points are the same.

Both titles look pretty good right now, if our drivers can stay clear of trouble, i have lots of faith in Seb's and Kimi's driving capabilities
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 1st June 2017 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Ferrari can break tradition and treat both cars and drivers equal, WDC and WCC wins for sure. There supposedly is no longer a #2 driver @ Ferrari!!! Just look at how Merc slipped once Bottas became #1 & a 1/2 ! Ferrari fans in general must and due keep in mind WCC doesn't matter who as long as there's a string of 1, 2 wins, the points are the same.
    If we want both titles we can't afford an inter-team rivalry. Yes, both cars must be equal but not both drivers. Seb needs to score points in front of Kimi while the team makes sure Kimi finishes right behind Seb. As for Kimi i only want him to win one more time before he retires. Spa would be nice.

As for the titles, we look very good at the moment. Merc are under immense pressure and are struggling with setup. However, Canada now will be a nice indicator to where we are in comparison. It won't be easy but it looks like we have the edge.

It's a bit early to raise this question as we all know how quickly things can turn around. So far so good, but after the Kimi/Seb driver status nonsense in Monaco, we may find ourselves with an un-cooperative driver in future races. We appear to have the best car for most circuits and Seb is driving brilliantly, but penalties may soon creep in and all we need is a bad result to put us on the back foot again. After the summer break we will have a better idea and the team deserve huge credit for the work done over the winter to give Seb and Kimi a fantastic car.

Kimi will have ample opportunity to show his true quality this year in a race that Vettel has a DNF. We'll see if Kimi can beat one or both Mercedes in this situation and limit damage in the championships a la what Barrichello did in 2000 at Germany.

Right now I am just enjoying the fact we are in the thick of it for both titles & loving a 1-2 finish in Monaco! There's a lot of racing left & there will be twists & turns to the plot, so no predictions from me.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Right now I'd say it's a tossup between us and Mercedes. Monaco is an atypical circuit and I'm not reading too much into the results there. If we can win in Montreal then perhaps we can say we have the better car.

Too soon to tell. It could very well come down to the final race. I think Ferrari and Vettel have a very good shot though. Definitely the best chance in the last eight years of me following the sport.

Disappointed Since 2010

Vettel and Ferrari

Is this a trick question?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We are in a strong position to win both, but a lot of races to go so hard to tell but if we can keep performing as we have the opening 6 races then both titles are achievable.
    Actually, IF we perform like the first 6 races ,we will dominate both championships!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Lauda said Vettel must have at least one DNF till the end of season in order for them to have a chance at the title.

FerrariSteve Guest
    It goes without saying that I want Ferrari and Vettel to win.

However, I'm not sure if we will, Merc are usually known for really huge development upgrades during the 2nd half of the season, so that has me concerned and they could steal it, however I will be hoping for and cheering on Ferrari at every race!
    Last edited by FerrariSteve; 1st June 2017 at 22:31. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    It goes without saying that I want Ferrari and Vettel to win.

However, I'm not sure if we will, Merc are usually known for really huge development upgrades during the 2nd half of the season, so that has me concerned and they could steal it, however I will be hoping for and cheering on Ferrari at every race!
    huge development upgrades are from RB not from mercs.
    from past 3yrs, mercs had safe buffer from race 1. So they played with their engine modes & rest of the pack alot. Turning up & down when required.
    This year, they already came with huge upgrade in barcelona. Which i think solved their tyre degradation problem.
    But mercs expected to give them around .1-.3ths advantage over ferrari overall. Which ferrari with their innovative bits & pieces covered that gap. So mercs didn't get that advantage which they were looking for.

From ferrari point of view, they will be bringing few bits & pieces almost every race.in order not to loose advantage over rivals. They now have clear idea, with which set-up they can go for that particualr track.

We haven't seen any major upgrade from Ferrari yet, which is good from championship point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Which i think solved their tyre degradation problem.
    Yeah. However, they still have issues with tire temperature on slow street circuits. Do you think they will have the same issues in Singapore or will they overcome these issues by then? They may have big problems on Hungaroring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah. However, they still have issues with tire temperature on slow street circuits. Do you think they will have the same issues in Singapore or will they overcome these issues by then? They may have big problems on Hungaroring as well.
    They are finding solution for it temporarily by getting clean outlap & doing mutliple laps, then final quali lap. which is the way to go with the design of its car.
    Because it depends on front & rear axle which generates much mechanical grip & heat into tyres.
    Current Mercs car design with its suspension will be difficult to overcome this problem near by.

Important note:
    1)remember mercs & RB were forced to change its suspension for this year.
    2) Mercs had secret test with pirelli to gain advantage in early regulation changes which became controversial. this was done with friic suspension. which played major part in mercs victory.

Now that pirelli changed its tyres width & parameters, mercs which has good chassis & engine atleast they were able to be in title contention relative to previous year advantage.

coming to mercs advantage In high speed corners, it will be easier for them to generate temp on tyres & into their working range. Medium & slow speed corners with cool & hot conditions is where they suffer.

So in this way next 3 tracks with US tyres on they will struggle against ferrari. It will be tight between these two.
    Mostly Hamilton will struggle alot than bottas. As we seen it sochi & monaco, when US tyres on Hamilton is no where.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 2nd June 2017 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Medium & slow speed corners with cool & hot conditions is where they suffer.
    But only on US tires right? Because they didn't have any problems with softs at Catalunya in the last sector through the slow and technical corners.
    Last edited by Stormy; 2nd June 2017 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    But only on US tires right? Because they didn't have any problems with softs at Catalunya in the last sector through the slow and technical corners.
    Yeah SS & US tyres.

Ferrari WCC, Kimi WDC ! Seb will never let Kimi or Ferrari down. A true team player.

Jolyon Palmer - WDC

Sauber - WCC

I've changed my mind.

WDC: Max Chilton

WCC: McLaren Honda

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I've changed my mind.

WDC: Max Chilton

WCC: McLaren Honda
    Oh you could be on to something... Alonso early retirement, Max Chilton drafted in to replace him, McLaren then smash out 1-2 finishes for the remaining races

If they don't screw us with mid-season tires changes like they did back in 2013, I reckon we have a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    If they don't screw us with mid-season tires changes like they did back in 2013, I reckon we have a good chance.
    We lost the 2013 season because of tires changes? How come? What kind of new tires did they introduce mid-season?